Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Really amazing stuff.

After a few minutes I was able to make her dance back and forth.

For me it was the hands, but you kind of have to believe what she's doing.

It also helped if I didn't look directly at her.

Great stuff. Thanks

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well done to the image experts for explaining this, I understand it now, especially with the slow-mo one.

Ignorant ape I think you were misled by the thread title, no one was saying that you could use psychic powers to make it change direction, it's just a matter of perception.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

well i checked and i tried to focus on her legs-----even though she has other beautiful attributes? but i could not manipulate her at all or get her to spin bacwards-----all i know is that i am left handed/footed but see best with my right eye and sleep on my right side and hate playing games and am no good at foreign languages----not being rude just honest that all----hope this helps your research ?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I can see it both ways but I am more comfortable with counter-clock.

Thats really strange for me

I am in reality a right brain person.

I am an artist and a dancer. I love studyig philosophy and religion. I can 'get' symbolic meanings of things. I am everything on that right brain list but..

I am horrible at math

So why am I comfortable with her going in the couter clock direction?

crazy

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

incredibly i just got my wife that is right handed to look at the figurine and she says that the only direction she turns is counter-clockwise but that she like me cannot manipulate her movements-----------great now you've started something else ?-----------how many of us that find above top secret fascinating are left handed i wonder ?????????

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
woah wait... now I see her going in a pendulum movement

she's going back and forth now.

my mind is crazy

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Great job eagle.

On the first 3 black gif's, I was only seeing them go counter clockwise like you said. But after watching the illusion carefully, I got it to spin the other way. Then I was able to make it bounce back and forth.

On your next one, adding the color really negates the illusion. I think you nailed this one. At least for me, now I'm gonna practice on your more simple black shapes and see if O can make the lady go back and forth. I was only able to get her to go clockwise before.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by photobug

i see a clockwise rotation only and my wife sees a counter -clockwise rotation only-----can you imagine the 2 different stories we would tell the police if interrogated over an vehicle accident we both witnessed at the same time ?apparently seeing is not believing ??

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I happen to be left-handed and it originally spun clockwise for me... but now i can manipulate her to go in any direction i want, and even swing back and forth.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
I happen to be left-handed and it originally spun clockwise for me... but now i can manipulate her to go in any direction i want, and even swing back and forth.

exact same here. Only with the help of eagle's version for dummies(no offence intended, it was a great example of the same illusion), hehe, was I able to see exactly what the illusion is exactly, and when the illusion occurs.

But still clockwise is what I see when I open the page and first look at it. I have to actually try to make it go counter-clockwise, and it takes more effort to make her tick tock back and forth.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

see quite a few lefties here!
you and me are in the same boat------try not to panic thinking you possibly might become "exactly" like me----ha ha !

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
it goes clockwise i checked out a post on bts earlier but this wasnt there for split second i got to completely stop turn anti a bit and then go back to goin clockwise

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Yeah I also have to try to make it go counter-clockwise. Does anyone here see it counter-clockwise to begin with?

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Interesting

At first she was spinning clockwise then to counter clockwise. Then more as I observed, she went clockwise contiunously.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I found if I looked a bit to the left of her (like over where the right brain/left brain thing was) she began to spin Counter Clockwise, but when looking directly at her she spun Clockwise.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by eagle32
Ok Ive used agif so the gif wont go any faster.
Nothing spectacular but it shows exactly how this works.

All 3 of the central models in these gifs are rotating anti-clockwise.
Only the orbiting sphere is rotating on a seperate axis and is used to help direction.

Using the second image posted i was able to get a similar effect as the original animated gif, but the ball ALWAYS carried going in the same direction, i could only change the main shapes direction.
Ive followed this thread, and while people are seeing and doing what i am able to do, others say this is an optical illusion???

If i concentrate, i am able to spin it back and forth, sometimes only going for a split second in each direction.

Obviously this animated gif has a limited number of frames, but i think this optical illusion is not in the picture/gif but in our brains, something to do with which part of the brain is processing it, left or right.

Interesting stuff.

[edit on 14-10-2007 by Denied]

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
For what it's worth I opened the image in a animated gif editor and it shows that there are 34 frames in the animation each lasting .03 seconds.

By default it appears the image spins to the left, but if I restart the preview in the editor the image starts to spin to the right. If I restart it again the image spins to the left. This pattern continues each time I restart the animation.

It's almost as though there is some randomness to the animation itself but I'm not an animated gif expert by any regards so I can't confirm that this is indeed the case.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

thanks!now you started something else besides direction of spin we see. my wife says i should have been born a girl since i seem to have some of the girly attributes described in the charts of the right side left side brain dominate abilitities.hope i never get lost driving thru fruity towns in case the locals think the same !

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I think the thread title is still misleading people...
the Gif doesn't EVER change...
just your PERCEPTION of it...

you are not actually causing any change in the gif...

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by LazarusTheLong

Well, i really didn't know how to word it. But, you can manipulate your brain into changing the GIF.... maybe i should've worded it... 'A Brain that can be manipulated by a GIF'... ok, i'm confusing myself now!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join