It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Animated Gif you can manipulate with your mind.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I could make her go right and then left and then right again. I imagined her as a figure skater on ice and that I had control over her movements. I think these gifs that respond to thought waves are brilliant.

I don't know how it registers your brainwaves, but it is great that we can manipulate these things.

[edit on 17/12/07 by rachel07]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i am ambidextrous , first the gif was spining anti clockwise then after some seconds it begun to turn clockwise

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I could make her go right and then left and then right again. I imagined her as a figure skater on ice and that I had control over her movements. I think these gifs that respond to thought waves are brilliant.

I don't know how it registers your brainwaves, but it is great that we can manipulate these things.

[edit on 17/12/07 by rachel07]

Funny, It's just a set of code. It doesn't recognize anything; you are just altering your brain function slightly; the areas of your screen change from black to white to black in the same time each rotation of the figure.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Its a gig made up of several images.. which gives an "illusion"

Its all a matter of perception...

Heck I can get her leg to go spin clock wise and her body counter clockwise... (try it)

Perception...

[edit on 2-1-2008 by C0le]

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
sheesh -- it is random

some one has to burst the bubble here - might as well be me

the " spin " is simply the image file changing the displayed image from one to the next , at a set speed - and in a calculated sequence

the " animation " in this case is made up of 34 individual images , comprising the different ` poses `

leave it alone for 4 hours - as i have and it changes direction a total of 9 times

so much for psychic powers

PS - i can predict that several people will jump on this reply and claim that they really can make changes happen

well - my answer is :

a - you are deluded
b- you are lying

an animated gif is simply a sequence of image changes and a refresh rate - it can be programmed to change

if you really beleve that you have the power to alter it - try the same tactic with another animated gif selected @ random from the web

if you have the pwer to change the instruction set in one file , you should be able to do it with any file

heck - throw away you KB and mouse and control the computer by the power of your mind

what amazes me is the psychology of such memes and peoples willingness to believe in them

Hi all, I've been reading threads for a while here now but never replied to any.

So here goes......

I'm affraid that you are wrong, my girlfriend and I both watched this at the same time on my laptop and we both saw it 'spinning' in oppersite directions, ie I saw it spinning counter-clockwise while at the same time my girlfriend saw it spinning clockwise, we also could change it to go either way at will. We had a giggle playing with this between us for a while!

But this does raise some rather heavy questions about our perception of 'reality'. If our brains alter something like this, what else does it alter that it can't process?

Oh and by the way,

"if you have the pwer to change the instruction set in one file , you should be able to do it with any file"

this is not mind control over a file, simply an interesting exercise regarding brain functions!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loki421

Plus, when I spun my finger in a clockwise or counter clockwise motion infont of the image (I can't remember which one!), my girlfriend instantly noticed the image to spin in said direction...... the power of suggestion eh?

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Clockwise W00t W00t
Creative Mind, For the Perfect Design

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Jeez man.....

Great .gif!!!

I swear after watching this thing for 20 minutes it seems like the right and left leg switch at random intervals?!?

I have seen it go both ways. It is either a great illusion or clever random switches.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

FIRST THE IMAGE ROTATED CLOCK WISE THEN AFTER 180 DEGREES SHE SPUN BACK COUNTER CLOCKWISE . I BELIEVE THIS IS THE EFFECT THAT IS GIVING THE ALLUSION THAT UR MAKING HER MORE IN A DIFFERNT DIRECTION

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
The image just kept jumping up and down. How come nobody mentioned that? Then for no reason at all it started doing jumping jacks. What do you think it all means? "Wishful Thinking?"

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
My mind keeps looking at the bottom foot and knows logically it is going to follow the other...so it's just not going to turn the other way....

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
its just a pendelum effect

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I tried everything everyone else mentioned and no deviation, clockwise the entire time.. Not sure if this really proves anything for me... cool idea though, wish it worked for me...

posted on Mar, 23 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
lol its funny first time it was clockwise but after watching on shadow its change counter-clockwise. Soon i have realized if i turn eyes in some direction its change clockwise/counter-clockwise without paying much attention on animated Gif.. interesting
. After some time watching on this gif i feel curiously but its not headache.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I can't tell which way she is spinning. Does that make me retarted? Also the nips are very distracting.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
what does it mean if you can move her both ways? I can move her back and forth clockwise and counter-clockwise.

Mind you,I am not sure what it means. I was meant to be ambidextrous like my mother, but the teacher forced me to use my right hand to right. So I guess that it confirms it, huh?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
if you track your eyes clockwise or anti-clockwise against the direction of the figure...it changes direction....weird. Cool. Does that mean i am both...as I felt if i used logic i could see her spin both ways....hehe.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
i mostly see it clockwise, right brain, but i can see it anti-clockwise too sometimes. And sometimes it keeps changing on me....

It's pretty cool. Pretty fun. And yes i blinked alot to get it to work ;-P

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Wow...I defiantly saw it go the opposite direction.
It took me only seconds of looking at it, at first it slowed down then completely changed the other way.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join