It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Astronomers stumble upon UFO on the Moon

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Between 0:27 and 1:05 it seems to "hover" a few times or at least slow down.

Imo, it's NOT a bug and I would think that a balloon in our atmosphere would show up blurry if the telescope is focused on the moon...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I didn't get to read all of the posts on this but one thing I did notice that all had left out was the size of the object. It never changed as it traveled over these many miles (especially going off at the top left) the object not only did not decrease in size as a car appears to do when travelling away from you, but it did not look in any way to turn with the curavature of moon. Insufficient evidence to justify this as anything more than a nice hoax.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
well it's obviously not a balloon because the speed / movement and size would all be more than extraordinary... if we can trust the source and the video is no fake etc. (which i don't think it is) we're really dealing with an unidentified flying object of enormous size hovering over the moon... the only question left would be weather it's man made or not. i have investigated this topic for a long time now and i come to the same conclusions as john lear... so if roswell has been a reality... just imagine what's going on up there...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Awesome video, just very confused as to why no publicity around it when discovered? While it might not be alien, it is a UFO . That alone should have been worth something. Glad you found it.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by EBE154
well it's obviously not a balloon because the speed / movement and size would all be more than extraordinary... if we can trust the source and the video is no fake etc. (which i don't think it is) we're really dealing with an unidentified flying object of enormous size hovering over the moon... the only question left would be weather it's man made or not. i have investigated this topic for a long time now and i come to the same conclusions as john lear... so if roswell has been a reality... just imagine what's going on up there...

If its a huge object hovering above the moon then please explain why the shadow does not change size or shape as it moves closer toward the equator?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JustTheFacts

Good point JTF.

Another point is that it doesn't change it's shape. If it is an object traveling across the surface of the moon and over the horizon our perspective of it would be changing from 'overhead' at the start of the film to 'edge-on' as it moves over the horizon.

Given that the shape doesn't change then either it is a spherical object or it's changing its orientation to keep the same side pointing towards the telescope or it's changing shape.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Wow, a small blurry black dot.

Let me know when you have a close-up of the "object" so we can actually tell what the hell it is. Otherwise, there's nothing really to see here...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I uploaded the high res zip file here if anyone else was having a hard time getting it from the above server.

Zip File

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diplomat
Wow, a small blurry black dot.

Let me know when you have a close-up of the "object" so we can actually tell what the hell it is. Otherwise, there's nothing really to see here...

there is a close up somewhere but lost the link... The starship enterprises shadow dips into a 40km wide crater and strangely stays the same shape, how odd!

[edit on 26-9-2007 by onthefence81]

[edit on 26-9-2007 by onthefence81]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
My first reaction was to say ' Look at the lady bug on the telescope's external lens! '

Perhaps those who can download and read the high res version will be able to see more and share with us if there are any clearer details.

Taking it at face value, the speed of it is quite impressive.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
1. The object's size does not change as it supposedly gets further away on the moon's horizon.

2. The object's shape does not change as it's angle to the viewer changes. Unless it really is a perfect sphere.

3. It appears completely black. Surely this would not be the case if it was close to the moon's surface? The surface of the moon is lit, so why not the object? Unless the actual colour of the object is black, which is obviously possible.

I'm not saying it's completely fake. I'm saying I don't think it was as close to the moon as implied.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Er, sorry. Random double post?

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Comatose]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why is it compeletly black when it is in direct sunlight? It also doesn't look like a shadow that on the moon would be black from the lack of air refracting the light.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is so impressive, one of the best videos.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This video is fake.
Come on guys... Black dot, No shadow, No specularity. No discernible form whatsoever. The object doesn't get smaller by perspective.

Obviously a fake video made using one of the simplest cg techniques can achieve this. Make a simple flat round nurb geometry in MAYA. Project an image of the moon on a geometry grid using procedural mapping. Keyframe the nurb geometry by hand. TADAAA!!

Forget maya. Even Flash or After Effects can do this.

Entry level cg hoax for the ATS gullibles!
The Italian astronomers get the credit.

Folks today would believe anything.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   
www.hraunfjord.org...

The link above is to a post that is nearly 3 years old and is by me. I saw this exact same object in Oct/2004 through my 5" Meade scope. It is described by me in the post as a black dot circling the moon. You can read it yourself and see the multiple replies. At times I saw 2 black dots circling the moon. Need verification of a UFO for the Italian video ... there you go! This video is not fake.

It is a UFO or US Military. Take your pick.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
This video is fake.
Come on guys... Black dot, No shadow, No specularity. No discernible form whatsoever. The object doesn't get smaller by perspective.

Obviously a fake video made using one of the simplest cg techniques can achieve this. Make a simple flat round nurb geometry in MAYA. Project an image of the moon on a geometry grid using procedural mapping. Keyframe the nurb geometry by hand. TADAAA!!

Forget maya. Even Flash or After Effects can do this.

Entry level cg hoax for the ATS gullibles!
The Italian astronomers get the credit.

Folks today would believe anything.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by omnicron]

The "italian astronomers'" community isn't involved in this thread at all. This is an AMATEUR ASTRONOMER who filmed it by himself: he NEVER claimed it was an alien spaceship, he just shared his video in some communities in order to find a possible explanation. Since the explanation has been found, there is no need to invoke CGI nor other explanations (read my previous post).
The guy who filmed the object sent me an email in which explanes that has already been assested AFTER THE ANALYSIS of thecnical data that it was a balloon which diameter was between 11 and 15 inches, at an altitude of approx 4 miles. He has debated this case with one of the most important French astronomer, and they get to this conclusion.
That discussion about this case has been closed much time ago.

[edit on 26/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Having now looked at the high-res version I say hoax but then what do I know about the camera technology used or anything? Nada. I mean, is this an infra-red image or what?

If it's an actual object, it's very VERY black. That is, nothing on the moon's surface even compares in it's total pitch blackness. Objects tend to reflect light, unless this is an infra-red image: in which case the darkness of the object would suggest the total lack of a heat/energy signature?

Also, just using basic maths (you could even use pythagoras' theorum for an approximation) one should realise that, were it an object, it would be considerably further from the observer toward the end of its trajectory (top of the moon) than at the beginning as it moves across the moons spherical (not flat!) surface, yet it remains the same size.

If it was a shadow I'd suggest there would be some recognizable distortion (such as one edge dropping/elognating) as it passes over craters. There appears to be none. Also (but I'm just throwing this out there, I'm no astronomer) surely the shadow would lengthen at some point having traversed somewhere in the region of 1000 kms across the curvature of the moons surface? Again, none.

But I should probably keep my mouth shut seeing as I've got about as much expertise in this area as Gordon Brown has in economics.

Looks to me though like some geezers art/design project. Probably flash or something like that. He's just dragged a fuzzspot across an image with a graph-tab pen and then added the distortion and all the other funky BS afterward.

Looks nice, though. If you want real UFO footage I'd stick with the STS stuff. Who needs anymore proof after all that? Personally (also having actually seen a UFO, or at least a craft that defies Newton's laws of physics) I don't.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I believe the black circle / dot you are seeing in this video is Google mapping the moon.

blog.wired.com...

"NASA's objective is for Google Moon to become a more accurate and useful lunar mapping platform that will be a foundation for future web-based moon applications, much like the many applications that have been built on top of Google Maps," said Chris C. Kemp, director of strategic business development at NASA's Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif. "This will make it easier for scientists everywhere to make lunar data more available and accessible."

So there you have it folks, Google Moon at work.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
So it's a balloon. GOOD. A hoax. A normal ho-humm mundane explanation.

So it settles it then. It's not a alien spacecraft. GREAT. I feel better.

This thread should be marked [HOAX]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join