It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Astronomers stumble upon UFO on the Moon

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by timelike
Hi Chaps.

This is definitley a balloon! I saw something almost identical to this a number of years ago which I knew for a fact was a balloon, even had the same motion as this. I think our UFO is now an IFO!

If you have seen something identical then show it here... Do you have a video on your observation. Just by saying that does not wash my eyes.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Here is a professional opinion that I came across on google search

"ASTRA sample Tracks.jpg Image of Stefano Sposetti that extension
the acrobatics carried out from the geostationary satellites. At
first the illusion had been generated that the object could be a
GeoSync but the dimensions (...a diameter close to the Kilometer) has
excluded it. "

google groups link

This is a professional group that discussed this video. And they arrived at the size of the object to be close to 1 kms. Thats not a balloon? or do we have that big balloons!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I would love this to be the real deal here it looks great footage indeed,could we be seeing this.
Japan launch brings manned moon mission step closer
Japan launch brings manned moon mission step closer

Justin McCurry in Tokyo
Friday September 14, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

Japan today took a step closer towards its aim of sending men to the moon when it successfully launched the biggest lunar mission since the US Apollo flights 40 years ago.
The Selenological and Engineering Explorer probe left its launchpad on Tanegashima island, about 600 miles south-west of Tokyo, aboard a H-2A solid-fuel rocket this morning.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by guyfrom2007

Yes we understand your arguments.... but lets look at the facts.

1) If this was an object passing the moon and casting a shadow then the shadow should change shape and size as it approaches and leaves the equator. It does not so the only conclusion is that there is NO object passing the moon. Unless of course the object was altering its path around the moon to cast the exact same shadow... IMO highly unlikely and im sure you would agree.

2)There have been a few people saying its maybe a balloon these people have also offered reasonable explanasions. People have even seen similar videos..... So its possible.

3) It seems suspicious that the scope is pointing in the right place at the right time. Now im not saying its impossible but the laws of probability would suggest that something dodgy is going on here

4) There is a zoomed in video on Utube which i watched yesterday. The shadow crosses over a 40km wide crater. Again its shape and size stays the same, you would expect it to alter slightly. This is the smoking gun for me and just cries out hoax! The shadow goes over the crater like it was edited on to the video.

5) It would not be too hard to reproduce the effects on the video an amatuer photoshopper could to do this.

It seems your strongest argument is that this guy is an amatuer astrologist so he wouldnt want to dent his credibility because its his bread and butter, thing is many people will still buy bunk from discredited individuals ie billy meir.

You also say he did not distribute this to the masses, have you considered the possibility that he may have planted this video knowing that it would be viewed and eventually end up somewhere like this place? This is a crafty attempt at making something look more credible.

IMO its just a lame attempt at a hoax.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Have you researched the technology that powers these disks.... Have you visited the documentary by david sereda, "The case for NASA UFOs". The technology is very different from Balloons or any earthly spacecraft.

This technology creates something like a mini blackhole and this could be the reason for all of the above disparities.

If you keep thinking that Alien spacecrafts can travel light years using chemical rockets or balloons then ofcourse this is a hoax.

But my own research on this and other professional researchers including David Sereda, Stanton Friedman points to a technology that manipulates timespace and that is what is being used here.

This technology converts the matter of the spacecraft to a plasma form and thus may appear as black spot.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I'm not trying to wash your eyes chap, you can belive whatever you like I really don't care! From my point of view, this case is solved!

[edit on 27-9-2007 by timelike]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   

This technology creates something like a mini blackhole and this could be the reason for all of the above disparities.

Clearly a severe misunderstanding of general relativity- a mini black hole would distort the light around making it look very strange indeed!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Yes i have watched the interesting videos that you have talked about. You say that these crafts create a minature black hole as suggested by Sereda.

Firstly can black holes cast a shadow? From my understanding no they cant because no light can escape a black hole so it would be impossible for them to create a shadow.

Secondly Sereda talks about these crafts being invisible to the naked eye and goes on to suggest these "crafts" are energised into another spectrum. If what you are saying is true then how is it possible that this "craft" has been spotted and tracked by the astrologer?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyfrom2007
This is a professional group that discussed this video. And they arrived at the size of the object to be close to 1 kms. Thats not a balloon? or do we have that big balloons!!!

Heck no! A balloon 6 km high and 12 to 20 inches in diameter, would have produced the same effect of seeing something on the Moon which is approx 1 Km across! Remember, that balloon we're talking about is NOT on the Moon! It's here, above mother Earth!!

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Mini black hole? Oh my god that is so funny!

What's next? Element 115 A-wave powered balloons? Interdimensional warpgates? LOL It's a balloon people. Mundane hunky dorrey balloon....

Stop blowing hot gas.

Case closed. Marked this as [HOAX], moderators...

[edit on 27-9-2007 by omnicron]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
is there any chance

that the black blob is neither a balloon or a shadow

could it be an actual craft flying in space
and far enough from the moon so it does not create a shadow.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by chickenfeet
is there any chance

that the black blob is neither a balloon or a shadow

could it be an actual craft flying in space
and far enough from the moon so it does not create a shadow.

Could be. If it wasn't a balloon...

This is not a one liner. Wow I love this job..

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by omnicron
Could be. If it wasn't a balloon...
This is not a one liner. Wow I love this job..

ok
thanks for that answer

that really put my mind at rest

i was asking a straight forward question because i am not an expert or pretend to be one..

we all know what you assume, all of us

but i would like someone with knowledge on these things to give an answer

but thanks for your one-liner, great one

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by omnicron

This is your job? What kinda of work do you do?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
shadow. Nice try though. Looks better than most of the silver disk pics that are posted, or the plates on strings......This was a shadow, no doubt about it

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
How high up would an Earth-based balloon have to fly in order to appear as the size it does against the much larger lunar landscape? Would it even be in our atmosphere? I'm going with either a total hoax (CGI fabrication) or something truly alien/intelligent.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I suspect this...

Source:
photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

...is the source used for this digital trickery.

I find it odd that the mosaic splices in the jpl photo above are the same in each frame of the "shadow" video (note the lower left rover tire splice and the lower left splice on the large rock, "Yogi"). Look and see for yourself. I would ask any here to show me 2 separate mosaic images taken consecutively (or within close proximity of each other) from the Pathfinder that exhibit the EXACT same splicing distortions within each of the images. Good luck and happy hunting.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
P.S.

When the "Shadow" "flys" over, why is it that the shadows already cast on the surface of Mars from the large rock "Yogi" and the rover and the other Martian rocks do not disappear? Is there a second light source around Mars, besides that of the sun?

[edit on 27-9-2007 by antipigopolist]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Stupid.

Here is the source of the video...

seems reliable lol

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greatlakes

Nice. So does this mean we have 747's zipping around the moon?
That would be sweet, though...

This just isn't substantial enough to warrant further discussion in my opinion. If you're new to this thread check out page 6 and greatlakes post. It's most likely a balloon (which doesn't have to be 4 miles up). Ideally we need a photograph/filmographers point of view. Oh, hang on: we already have a freakin' famous french astronomers POV (read back): it's a balloon. A plain ol' party balloon floatin' around that got caught in the sights of an amateur astronomers telescope.

If you really want to discuss something interesting (er, again) check out the STS missions. Do you guys really NEED more proof?

www.youtube.com...

(and that's just one instance).

I think until these guys land (and they'll never do that officially, we're - as a species - far too ignorant and arrogant to be considered a possible good host to such an unholy/inflammatory/impossible act) then we can all flap about until the proverbial cows come home (or aliens in this case, though the inference - by using this euphemism - of this being their home worries me slightly).

Aliens and UFOs EXIST. No BS. Not only do they exist but they are flitting around just beyond the periphery of our natural vision. Watch the disclosure project and check out the STS mission footage. THEY ARE HERE. Get used to it and stop wasting your time flapping about pretending they don't so you don't have to just BE PATIENT and grow up a bit before they'll make themselves known en masse (if ever).

As for this baby: it's a balloon. An f'ing balloon.

Wow. This thread is kind of like... history...

Sorry for sounding a bit aggro, I've had a few beers.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join