It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would like to add this, concerning the Viral Marketing argument:

I personally followed the Halo 3 viral marketing campaign (An alternate reality game called "Iris") quite closely for some time, and I can tell you that the CARET incident had nothing to do with it. There was always a connection between the "unrelated" items that surfaced concerning the game -- for instance, some of the sites associated with the game belonged to Microsoft; The Society of the Ancients was one. More details are here in the ARG's Wiki, which is still updated as news comes in.

There is usually a clear link to the product's advertisers/creators; Coast to Coast and Earthfiles are just not Microsoft's target audience, although it is not unlikely that many XBox owners listen to C2C or read Earthfiles. While the Society of the Ancients seemed to hint at the Ancient Astronaut theory, and even held a public rally in NY -- their "dead giveaway" was the now well-known glyph (associated with the Halo 3 game), which they claimed was found in Kenya. Further research indicated that a location in Kenya was used as part of the Halo storyline.

We should be cautious about jumping to similar "viral marketing" conclusions here. These videos have nothing to do with Halo 3, and nothing to do with the Flash Gordon series on the Sci Fi channel (premiers today) - as you will find if you do some research. One youtube comment cursed at Microsoft and their viral campaign, but it appeared to be a jocular reference to the CARET drone incident.

In conclusion: unless this was posted by an American on vacation, I'm very inclined to believe it is a hoax. Nonetheless, I am compelled to commend the (responsible) artist on their work.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso

Originally posted by monkeybill
im thinking marketing, most likely halo 3 which is out next month

Please read the whole thread (especially the last 3 pages) on why this is NOT a Halo 3 marketing campaign. The Viral one is already in progress and is called "Iris".

having gone back and read the last 4 pages i missed.
but i seem to have missed the bit where you succesfuly proved this isnt linked to the halo marketing?
yes you mentioned they had a similier thing, it doesnt mean they wont do more in the run up.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by monkeybill
i seem to have missed the bit where you succesfuly proved this isnt linked to

The evidence and proof you need can be found right above your post. It can also have been found in the Wikipedia article on "Iris" describing the ONLY existing viral marketing that is being done for Halo 3 currently. Then there's the whole issue of: the video has absolutely nothing in common with Halo 3 at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If this is CGI, it must have cost a lot of time and money. So I doubt they would have made the mistake of getting the light and shadows wrong.

Either way, I have looked at hundreds of UFO vids, and this is easily the best one Ive ever seen. Real or not.

The fact that many on this thread say its false because it "looks to good" is ludicrous, those people are never happy.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
If this is CGI, it must have cost a lot of time and money.

Time? You're right, it probably took a lot of time to model, animate, and render it. Money? Not when you can torrent most of the programs required to do this kind of CGI. Not to mention that if you're looking to get into the field then you'd probably already have purchased and or have access to the software required to do it. Wouldn't it be nice to have something like this under your belt? "Fooled lots of people, that's how good I am!" on a resume?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
There are a few things about the vid that's amazing. With compositing advances available to everyone with a inet connection, the possibility of it being faked is of course high. I've watched it, and the palm frond compositing would be a tough and consuming feat. Especially the interaction with the fronds, the way the light comes THROUGH the fronds like a lamp skin etc.. it's just really damn good if it's a fake. The best I've seen.. better than themovies out there actually.
What get's me thinking it may be real is the "mother-ship" issue.
With as much time put into making all of the other ships, why BLUR the mothership out? that would seem to be the climax of the video if someone made it. Instead it's blurry and seemingly miles and miles wide. At least it seems like a mothership to me to where they are all headed to..

b

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I dont think this is CGI, why would they go though all the time and effort only to then have the UFO "wobble" while in flight. Everything else is perfect, but the UFO has unstable flight?
Looks to me like R/C. I am an avid R/C fan, and I have seen some pretty impressive R/C planes and helicopter like models (and some UFO models) at some of the flight get togethers here in STL. Some of the planes get quite big.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Geez, those units in that video are "fairly close" in comparison with the craft photo'ed in the Cheyenne Road UFO, Las Vegas, March 02, 2005 thread. Does anyone else see a possible resemblance here eventhough these photos are not very good quality?

Here are a couple photos from that thread:

and

I wonder if this haiti ufo is an american built craft and is still being test flown and tweaked along with pilot training, etc for an upcoming "attack" or something...
I bet if a lucky owner wanted to, you could wrap that haiti craft in all kinds of different "skins" too, including the stereotypical saucer look with a brushed nickel appearance, right to a millenium falcon body kit... Myself I would like to go for an old school cylon fighter look. It's a little "sportier"...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nice find IronDogg! The photos do look similar. Has anyone tried to clean these images up?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso

If this is CGI, it must have cost a lot of time and money.

Time? You're right, it probably took a lot of time to model, animate, and render it. Money? Not when you can torrent most of the programs required to do this kind of CGI. Not to mention that if you're looking to get into the field then you'd probably already have purchased and or have access to the software required to do it. Wouldn't it be nice to have something like this under your belt? "Fooled lots of people, that's how good I am!" on a resume?

Seeing as you poo poo any argument or opinion that you don't agree with, and seeing as your obviously an "expert" on CGI, lets see you come up with something as good as that video. Its should be a doddle for you because you say anyone can do something like this!

And considering you don't work for microsoft or bungie, its a tad shortsighted to think the biggest console release of the year wouldn't have a manner of all marketing campaigns going on.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I was going to say fake, like a small model of a r/c toy, until I saw it fly higher and was joined by more of them, and you could see many lights in the distance

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Seeing as you poo poo any argument or opinion that you don't agree with, and seeing as your obviously an "expert" on CGI, lets see you come up with something as good as that video.

I think I've stated multiple times that I am no expert on CGI (or have given obvious signs that I am not). I'm pretty sure if you would have read my responses your hostile tone would have been non-existent. While I am no expert at CGI in the sense that I can create models and animation I do understand the work and software that goes into it. Amazing, I can't DO it but I do READ up on it, which I would very much recommend on you doing so too.

So, while I cannot create "something as good" I would be disrespectful to the plethora of CGI artists who came out and stated that the Drone/Isaac topic was 100% CGI and ridiculous in any other manner. To me, these do not compare to the Isaac models at all. While these are animated, those are not, it is common that when animated models are shown they are far lower in quality then that of static models which could very much explain why I take the Isaac models to be higher of quality.

Its should be a doddle for you because you say anyone can do something like this!

Anyone with the natural talent and practiced skill, yes. You do realize that any program these days can be downloaded directly off any torrent? However illegal that is, it's done constantly because the software required to make high quality (whatever) is expensive. That doesn't mean universities designated to these fields do not offer their students the program.

And who's to say this is just one person? I haven't ruled that out yet, I still think there's a high possibility of this being viral marketing but NOT FOR HALO 3.

And considering you don't work for microsoft or bungie, its a tad shortsighted to think the biggest console release of the year wouldn't have a manner of all marketing campaigns going on.

How is it short sighted of me? I understand the series, I understand viral marketing, and I also understand the possibility that there MIGHT be a very tiny connection to it. But from the series itself there is absolutely nothing you can compare from Halo to the objects scene in this video. Why would you ever have a viral marketing campaign that has absolutely nothing to do with the product you're trying to sell?

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Anyone notice at approximately 0.04 seconds the bright green light flying above the two crafts? It can also be seen at the very beginning of the video near the top of the screen, then comes back into view as they are flying. This green light also looks very similar to the lights off in the far distance. Any ideas on what it could be or why its there?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   
So I spent lunch downloading some progams I had in college (smacker to be precise). Plus, finding out how to save Youtube videos then convert them to mpg (that was the hard part).

Out of 662 frames I "binked" with the Smacker program (means converting video to single frame jpegs) there's at least one descrepancy between frames 138-140. A star present in 138, winks out of existence in 139, and then winks back into full existence in 140. Each frame is 1/30th of a second, or .0333333333etc of a second. So in 1/10th a second a star goes from existing, to non-existing, to existing. No cloud cover or anything overlaps it, just simply disappears.

Its bunk I think. Or edited for some reason to take that spot out. Taking those frames into Canvas, I could see that the frame the star doesn't appear is all one pixel. As if somebody used an eyedropper tool and then painted over the star. Why is a good question, I don't know the motive for killing off a single star in the video.

I've never posted pictures so I'll try to get them done this weekend showing exactly what I mean. Its in between the 3rd second and 4second of the video, directly above the left vehicle.

Cheers,

Leib

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Believe me donoso, a vid that can't be proved certainly wouldn't cause me to be hostile with anyone, as I wasn't being with you. I was mearly stating that you don't know its not for halo 3. Remember the adverts for playstation 2 even xbox 360 when they first came out? They had absolutely nothing to do with the product.

The point I was trying to make regarding the CGI aspect was; that if this can be done with time and practise, then why aren't we seeing tons of these videos?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leibolmai

I've never posted pictures so I'll try to get them done this weekend showing exactly what I mean. Its in between the 3rd second and 4second of the video, directly above the left vehicle.

Cheers,

Leib

Finally, maybe some good evidence of whether this is CGI or real.

Thanks Leib, looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The point I was trying to make regarding the CGI aspect was; that if this can be done with time and practise, then why aren't we seeing tons of these videos?

That's just it: We are. We've got a plethora of YouTube videos/images coming out in the past few months (ever since summer, pretty much) that are eerily similar in quality, not in content. The whole Drone/Isaac fiasco, the 2 videos of this very object (the first one has 3 different objects, the last one being the same one we see in this video), and the Paris UFO. The only difference between the Paris one and the other ones: the makers stated that it was just something they decided to make for fun and showcasing.

I clearly remember that the Playstation one was simply something like "PLAYSTATION 12! In the future we can do this and that, blah blah blah" and that is DIRECTLY related to the console itself. It clearly states the name of their product which none of these videos do. My gripe is we have nothing that can be decoded to figure out what the connection could be, that's why I think this (if it is viral marketing) is purely a visual one. For example: The XBOX 360 one was pretty symbols that followed with messages that could be decoded. Those are ARGs (Alternate Reality Games) and that is usually closely associated with viral marketing. Just like the Halo 3 one which is titled "Iris" that is being done right now. It is very well known. I posted the wikipedia article which gives you sites that you can check for yourself and see.

Anyways, I didn't mean to sound bitter. If I did, I apologize.

Edit:

Leibolmai,

Fantastic! It's nice that we actually have some members who get up and analyze the footage. Shame on myself. I await your evidence with pictures and possible video snips.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Alright...these craft are very similar to the last craft shown in the Dominican Republic thread, where there was some speculation that these were some kind of R/C craft made by amateurs.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I think the biggest question is WHY THE HELL do people keep making these? What do they have to gain? "lulz, I fooled a lot of people?" That just doesn't cut it.

As I said before in this topic, anti-gravitation technology DOES exist; it just is not fully disclosed to the public as of yet. If this video turns out to be CGI, that'd be so messed up. There has to be something more going on than just random people popping up out of nowhere to make CGI hoaxes.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have a friend on the Bungie team(fairly high up), I showed him this video and he thought it was real. for what its worth..

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join