It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX]clear video of 3 flying objects in Domican Republic[HOAX]

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I'm not sure what this is. My first impression is that it's some competition with self made hot air crafts, judging from the speaker and the people yelling in the background.

[edit on 8-12-2007 by Springer]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
What's with the lousy editing? The camera guy couldn't keep the camera going for more than 5 seconds at time to just photograph all the things as they floated past in a row? I'm guessing somebody didn't have enough computer memory to fabricate three whole CGI ships at a time.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I know spanish and the guys that you can hear as the MC in the background is refering to the object as if it was some kind of demonstration or competition, is hard to tell which one is it because the video has been edited (everytime a new object appears the MC gets cut) but is definately to one of the 2.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   
why are you still here? Just trolling again

Originally posted by SuicideVirus
What's with the lousy editing? The camera guy couldn't keep the camera going for more than 5 seconds at time to just photograph all the things as they floated past in a row? I'm guessing somebody didn't have enough computer memory to fabricate three whole CGI ships at a time.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106

I'm tellin'.

Moderator, this one is picking on me again! All I wanted to do is offer my opinion, and this is what I get in response. A comment directed personally to me with nothing to add to the discussion. I know there's a rule against that.

The objects look like CGI to me, and way too smooth to be inflatable anythings. But if somebody is able to come up with additional video or photos of this "competition," I will be happy to look at it. Unless there was only one video or still camera operating at the time, which I think would be highly improbable.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
and your constant whining about bad camera work is really 'adding' to it, in fact every post you make is complaining, whining and general downbeat.
If you dont believe in any of this (and it sounds like you dont) just leave. Go join the World of Warcraft forum where you can boost your ego without worry!

Just kidding..lighten up!

[
quote]Originally posted by SuicideVirus

I'm tellin'.

Moderator, this one is picking on me again! All I wanted to do is offer my opinion, and this is what I get in response. A comment directed personally to me with nothing to add to the discussion. I know there's a rule against that.

The objects look like CGI to me, and way too smooth to be inflatable anythings. But if somebody is able to come up with additional video or photos of this "competition," I will be happy to look at it. Unless there was only one video or still camera operating at the time, which I think would be highly improbable.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This sort of stuff bugs me because its obviously a fake and not only that but its hardly convincing, most fakes have this over the top camera movement as if its meant to be convincing but it just looks like an episode of 24 or battlestar galactica, not to mention the cgi craft and serious lack of context and video length, a few things that easily give away a fake but this one was obvious anyway, just felt like saying this for once, ending on a positive note i liked the last one, looks good at least.

[edit on 7/8/07 by just theory]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
wow those really do seem real but he could be right editing is pretty good and i doubt they would make themselves that close to the public

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
If its CG, its very good. The camera tracking on the objects are SUPERB compared to most CGI fakes I've seen, not to mention going behind the tree's ect which is'nt easy to composite..in my experience I think these objects are 'real' whatever they are.

Originally posted by just theory
This sort of stuff bugs me because its obviously a fake and not only that but its hardly convincing, most fakes have this over the top camera movement as if its meant to be convincing but it just looks like an episode of 24 or battlestar galactica, not to mention the cgi craft and serious lack of context and video length, a few things that easily give away a fake but this one was obvious anyway, just felt like saying this for once, ending on a positive note i liked the last one, looks good at least.

[edit on 7/8/07 by just theory]

[edit on 7-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
LOL some of you guys, I dont know about, its not fake lol.

But since the guy speaking is talking about the competition, Im going to guess its some sort of inflatable remote control race of some sort.

Bt the people who really think thats CGI, you should really do more research on that subject, cause your off.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Dont worry, the 'Viral Marketeers' will be here soon so I'll start it off. Its a viral marketing campaign for:

Halo3
The Invasion
Cloverfield
IronMan
The Dark Knight
Chadsquito's new dvd/book on how he 'fooled us all'

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If it looks too good, too clear, too sharp people here call it a fake.

If it looks too dark, grainy, shaky, unclear people either compain that it's too dark to make anything out or call it a blimp, weather baloon or a lamp.

It's a no win situation. Nothing will ever satisfy certain people in here short of a UFO crash landing on their roof.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am voting CGI trickery on this one as well. IF it was something as extraordinary as ufo's the cameraman would have run to find a better vantage instead of camouflaging the objects with the palm trees.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio

But since the guy speaking is talking about the competition, Im going to guess its some sort of inflatable remote control race of some sort.

Bt the people who really think thats CGI, you should really do more research on that subject, cause your off.

Care to actually explain how we're off?

I listed a few common fake points to look out for and here we see many, although its a good one no doubt, or if it is real its just unlucky to have so many of these points.

1. Overly shaky or controlled camera movements, appearing deliberate in nature.
2. Small length of video.
3. Questionable editing.
4. Limited viewing area.
5. Sharp clean images or overly blurred/distorted images, (hmm maybe this ones a bit weak, still you can see something isn't right)
6. Poor tracking of background vs.craft, (this ones very well done though)
7. If it seems too good to be true...

This is a good fake whether its cgi or even cool real radio controlled model craft, hard to say with the last one, the first few looked like average cgi to me but some things like passing between the 'sun' was real enough, its a tricky one in that respect but its still no doubt a fake.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I disagree.

The tracking on this was more than good, with the shaking (which did look natural to me) and the attempts to focus on the objects that would be a pain in the ass to make it look this good in Maya/Max. The passing infront of the sun looked flawless, the gentle waving of the palms looked 100% natural and so many tiny details most people dont even notice are in this..my 10+ years of experience in the Cg industry tell me its real.

Originally posted by just theory

Care to actually explain how we're off?

I listed a few common fake points to look out for and here we see many, although its a good one no doubt, or if it is real its just unlucky to have so many of these points.

1. Overly shaky or controlled camera movements, appearing deliberate in nature.
2. Small length of video.
3. Questionable editing.
4. Limited viewing area.
5. Sharp clean images or overly blurred/distorted images, (hmm maybe this ones a bit weak, still you can see something isn't right)
6. Poor tracking of background vs.craft, (this ones very well done though)
7. If it seems too good to be true...

This is a good fake whether its cgi or even cool real radio controlled model craft, hard to say with the last one, the first few looked like average cgi to me but some things like passing between the 'sun' was real enough, its a tricky one in that respect but its still no doubt a fake.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I know a LOT about CG, and I know its possible to make anything look real, with enough work. So I think your the one who is actually off a bit.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I dont think you know enough, because it would be an INSANE amount of work to intergrate all that into a scene and make it look as good as this. The work on this video is movie quality good..so unless its from ILM Im not buying it.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

I know a LOT about CG, and I know its possible to make anything look real, with enough work. So I think your the one who is actually off a bit.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   

I dont think you know enough, because it would be an INSANE amount of work to intergrate all that into a scene and make it look as good as this. The work on this video is movie quality good..so unless its from ILM Im not buying it.

Yes, but if the only CG objects in the scene are the flying objects, and the rest being a real life video. I think you would agree its possible to make. Thats all Im saying, im not saying its all CG, and Im not saying theres actually any CG at all, I would need more evidence, all Im saying its possible to get done.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
First object looks like a hang glider or parachute.But thats just my observation,who knows.

posted on Aug, 7 2007 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Its possible but not by 95% of anyone out there, outside of a movie studio. This shot would be very hard to do for an amateur. The motion tracking is perfect as far as I can see, intergrated shadows across other objects in the scene, very sophisticated stuff..thats why I lean towards it being real.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Yes, but if the only CG objects in the scene are the flying objects, and the rest being a real life video. I think you would agree its possible to make. Thats all Im saying, im not saying its all CG, and Im not saying theres actually any CG at all, I would need more evidence, all Im saying its possible to get done.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join