It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
16 pages, lol. Someone, somewhere is laughing at you all right now.

Actually, the guy(s) and gal that made this video probably have no idea it's getting such attention, but I'm sure they would get a kick out of it. This was not originally intendend to fake out a bunch of ufo nuts, but I know in this hobby (and living for some snake oil salesmen) people tend to latch onto stuff a little too hard and want to believe a little too much.

My only problem with this video is the fact the it has so many pages of discussion about it. Only encourages things like this to keep happening, and the attention you all give it does nothing to further the cause or real ufology.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Ok, ok... if the Brazilian Palm Tree Expert denies the consitencies, I ll take back my last comment and go with the believers again

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Terrapop]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
They ARE.
I just lined up the tree on the right, with the tree on the left in photoshop.
Check it out:

Shot at 2007-08-10

BAM-thank you. Now be quiet.

Originally posted by lecuitis
they are NOT the same, anyone saying otherwise is either blind or has an agenda.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by wildone106]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Okay let's summerize.
First off the two videos are linked via the one purported ufo with the light in the center and the adjacent surrounding mechanical orb type thingies.

Video 1 posted on Youtube..

ladave1969 ..This is the only video he has posted on Youtube.
Joined Aug. 6 2007
Posted the video right after he joined.
Says the video was taken .....
08-06-07-punta cana- República Dominicana
He states he is 48 years old, Country: Dominican Republic

The "Tags" he provided for the video..
Tags: BRAND NEW UFO HUDGE MERENGUE

I assume that "HUDGE" was meant to be huge? And "MERENGUE" - Maybe the announcer in the background was MCing a Merengue dance contest at the time of the sighting?

I don't think someone technically savvy enough to create the video would make the Tag errors he did...HUDGE? MERENGUE?

He states: "08-06-07-punta cana- República Dominicana
I didn't shoot everything I saw... "

Video 2 Posted on Youtube...

Barzoloff814
Joined Aug 9 2007
Posted the Video right after he joined
Says the video was taken...
8-06-07 in Haiti
He states that he is 34 years old, Country:United States
Tags: UFO VERY CLOSE SCARY

He states: "shot on the evening of august 6th 2007 "
Different wording and date format from the other post.

... Same day as the first video, but the sun has set or is just about to as opposed to the Dom Rep video where the sun is clearly up?

...Vacationer from the US? He also seems to be more adept at Youtube here having used the correct tags and spelling for the content as you would expect someone from th US.

Neither appears to have responded to comments on youtube despite their profiles indicating frequent and recent "Log ons".

By descrepencies in youtube savvy and spelling skills one could make a case that these are two distinct individuals that have posted different video of the same UFO (s) at different times and place near eachother...Dom Rep and Haiti representing a flight path. Or the hoaxer went to the effort to make the persona's of the posters to appear very different.

I will not feel comfortable endorsing it as real until we see further evidence and some witness willing to come forward and stand their ground. Very Interesting though!

Any other reports comming out of Haiti or Dom Rep for this time period?

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   
BTW: Do the palm trees from the first video match the trees in the second video??? Just a guess....

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   
wildone106, your superimposed images do not prove that they are the same. I can see differences in them.

Also, why the hell has this topic exploded? If this video is CGI, the creators must be laughing like hyenas right now.

[edit on 8/10/2007 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Difference in the slight angle they are rotated, we still get a match at the top..can you calculate the odds of that happening on 2 different tree's even of the same species..I mean a 100% match..LOOK

Shot at 2007-08-10

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
wildone106, your superimposed images do not prove that they are the same. I can see differences in them.

Also, why the hell has this topic exploded? If this video is CGI, the creators must me laughing like hyenas right now.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wow guys the palm trees are the same? Now you have proven a hoax? I just watched the video in loop and they don't look that same at all. At certain points they look similar but in areas i've been in, the palm trees all look the same from a distance.

I can usually handle dis-info but why would he/she need to clone the palm tree i mean its already a fabulous cgi if it is so why would he be lazy and clone a tree. I can't even believe i'm commenting on the tree stuff. I just get frustrated like anyone i guess.

I want a mass sighting but the world is so big how does everyone see something and with the media complicit in the alien coverup we can't expect them to show us a ufo in the sky on tv.

The only way is through videos like this. In a way creating a mass sighting. Other than that we need a massive showing in every major city in the world. I don't know if this video is real but i hope it is.

This is a nice compilation of some really good ufo videos
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Shot at 2007-08-10

Originally posted by Beefcake
Wow guys the palm trees are the same? Now you have proven a hoax? I just watched the video in loop and they don't look that same at all. At certain points they look similar but in areas i've been in, the palm trees all look the same from a distance.

I can usually handle dis-info but why would he/she need to clone the palm tree i mean its already a fabulous cgi if it is so why would he be lazy and clone a tree. I can't even believe i'm commenting on the tree stuff. I just get frustrated like anyone i guess.

I want a mass sighting but the world is so big how does everyone see something and with the media complicit in the alien coverup we can't expect them to show us a ufo in the sky on tv.

The only way is through videos like this. In a way creating a mass sighting. Other than that we need a massive showing in every major city in the world. I don't know if this video is real but i hope it is.

This is a nice compilation of some really good ufo videos
www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
wildone106, the shapes are similar but are NOT the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Can someone please identify the species of the palm trees in the video?

I cannot find any species of palm trees that look like those in the video.

www.sunpalmtrees.com...

Those look like the kind of palm trees that will grow in the pacific, in the carribean the palm trees you find will be taller with skinny trunk and they grow tall, but in many tourist area in the caribbean they also bring palm trees from the phillipines because they grow smaller and provide shade for tourists and present less of a safety issue of coconuts hitting people in the head while resting or something (trust me it happens), so who knows on that one.

Fact is they are way too similar, that just don't happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Guys you trying to hard to believe this is an outstanding CGi and the palms are basically the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
wtf!! you did'nt tell me, maybe your scared to think about it? The odds of 2 tree's having the exact same leaf configuration as this..they are same, albeit a slight rotational difference..compare it yourself in photoshop the top 2 horns and side branch are a match, there's no argument its right there..

Shot at 2007-08-10

[

quote]Originally posted by SonicInfinity
wildone106, the shapes are similar but are NOT the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:21 PM
link   
what tha.....this trowed me on the wall

what can i say the way it passed the camera its little strange
and om its soo real.
btw the feeling ur getting is couse u sae similar things in video games like hl2 etc....
u never though u gonna see this like in a video game thats why its so strange
and its allmost like scripted.
well what can i say with this modern technologies its very hard to tell if its real
i personaly guess its...i dunno....real
so this is how space ships look like
......awesomeeee

link   

Originally posted by piacenza
Guys you trying to hard to believe this is an outstanding CGi and the palms are basically the same.

Please use punctuation. I can't tell which side you are arguing here.

link   
yes WAY too similar. Im waiting for the expert to come up with the odds of this happening...

Fact is they are way too similar, that just don't happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Wildone is 100% correct, like I also said before, they are exactly the same, just that its from a different angle, which naturally would look slightly different, duh.

For trees to be exact to the leaf like that in real life, would be almost impossible.
This is coming from Wildone, who know a lot about CG and was skeptical that it was CG before, but now hes admitting that its most likely CG, because theres more evidence towards it.

If I was to make the scene, It would be quicker to copy the tree and place, instead of modeling a whole new tree. Thats why it seems like CG.

link   
ok so u match 2 spots....A and B and say ok its a match!!! 100%!!! sorry, but if you go to the grocery store and look at heads of lettuce, they look the same, or at apples they look the same, u can easily find an A and B match.

The trees are different on the bottom, but similar on the top, so in all honesty the more accurate thing to say is 20% match....match the other 80% of the tree and you can say 100% match. The only thing your picture proves is that the trees are the same species, but not the same tree.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by RandomThought]

link   

Originally posted by wildone106

wtf!! you did'nt tell me, maybe your scared to think about it? The odds of 2 tree's having the exact same leaf configuration as this..they are same, albeit a slight rotational difference..compare it yourself in photoshop the top 2 horns and side branch are a match, there's no argument its right there..

Shot at 2007-08-10

So what if the tips are the same? If they were the same tree, IT WOULD BE THE SAME THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE TREE. This is not the case. Therefore, they are NOT the same.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Wake up guys, the palm trees just look the same. I live on the beach, all the palm trees look alike, but they have very little differences.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join