It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Some good examples of viral marketing. They are all connected to the product they are promoting in SOME way..either with a logo, character, name or link to it.
This Ufo's videos ARE NOT viral marketing..and if they are its not very well done. Whats the product? Shoes? Biscuits? Condoms? NO. NO.NO.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here, this is far more detailed then the eurogamer link I give for the existing Halo 3 campaign:

en.wikipedia.org...

I have to say, this is far cooler than the Halo 2 one. I actually have to support projects like this, it really does give people something to think/do before their awaited game releases.

Edit: So yes, lets drop the whole "Halo 3 did it!" argument and try and focus on other possibilities of viral marketing (if there are any) and or analyzing the videos -> has anybody tried to contact the poster?

[edit on 10-8-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I usually don't chime in on many subjects but read and analyze. This is the best video I have ever seen. I don't believe it has been produced and the viral marketing arguement is getting old. With that said unless someone can show real evidence of cgi i think this has to be catagorized as a real video and the owner should be contacted and this video shown on a massive level.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yeah, um, i can honestly tell you right now, in perfect truth, that this is NOT a viral for Halo 3. Why? Because it has absolutely NOTHING in common with halo 3. Halo 3's plot revolves around aliens with BIG MOFO ships coming down and tearing the earth apart looking for an artefact at its core, in laymans terms. Also, in the previous two games humans fouhgt these aliens in BIG MOFO ships of their own...

Little bitty UFO's flying around in the tropics have never been part of the series and have absolutely nothing to do with Halo 3.

Not that it isn't a viral for something else, though.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
Can you show me a viral marketing campaign that had absolutely no link/I.D. to the product it was attempting to promote? Whats the point if there is no 'go-to' link, logo, or resemblance to the product? Show me a viral campaign that has nothing to do with the product and I might believe that hypothesis.
Why risk going to all the trouble of doing it when there is no link to ANYTHING? You could end up promoting the wrong thing, of the competitors even..it makes no sense!

Ethan Haas Was right. It was a puzzle site that went up in the beginning of July and it wasn't revealed until August that it was for a RPG called Alpha and Omega.

The point of marketing like this is to create buzz and then reveal what it for at a later time.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Man I'd be damned if that is CGI.

I'm an avid fan of computer generated graphic, CGI, new technology, etc, etc.

That sure as hell dont look like CGI to be, even very good CGI. That looks like the real deal.

and for those people that say "but it went directly overhead so it's sus" al i ahve to say is, birds fly over my head, and let go... not funny. not lucky for me. I've had planes go over my head. And helicopters.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherfey
i think this has to be catagorized as a real video and the owner should be contacted and this video shown on a massive level.

That's just what we need! Yep, we really should automatically believe everything that confuses people through high quality CGI software. Not to mention, without concluding and probing the issue to its full extent we should have it shown en masse across the planet. Don't you think from the high amount of people here who are quick to conclude that this is a hoax, a really cool looking one, but, still a hoax... People across the planet would find this to be real? Wouldn't this discredit all the fact lead investigations being done on the topic of UFOs?

Imagine if a few minutes after the video is released the owner comes out and claims it's a self created entertainment piece. What then? People would laugh at the whole aspect of "Alternative" topics and go back to doing what they've been doing all along.

This is not the "smoking gun" and we wont have one until we have extremely powerful data that CAN be shown across the planet.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Thank You wildone106 for pointing that out, I agree with you 120% - Could not say it better myself. This whole Viral Marketing argument with the Issac/Caret Drones does not make a lick of sense and I just could not put my finger on it until now. Something with this Haiti UFO, I think that you put that argument to rest.

I cant believe that I did not think of that argument before, but hopefully we can put are efforts into more productive things instead of waisting are time with Viral Marketing theories.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by sherfey
With that said unless someone can show real evidence of cgi i think this has to be catagorized as a real video

I'm sorry, what? I don't even know where to start on how flawed this 'logic' is..

Anyway I see Donoso already addressed that.

and the owner should be contacted and this video shown on a massive level.

I agree with the owner should be contacted part. Good luck and let us know how that went.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by danx]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
THE MORe I watch it the more Im think its CG..there are some errors in the glow object at the center, I posted a photoshop example of whats going on there, also as they fly off into the distance there is some flickering on the surface associated with the rendering/alias not quite right.

Finally, the 'woosh' sound as it flys over is very odd..a little TOO perfect and sounds like a conventional rocket..

I will now ignor what everyone else says bcus..thats what everyone else does.

Im right, I know Im right. End of story

Originally posted by DaRAGE
Man I'd be damned if that is CGI.

I'm an avid fan of computer generated graphic, CGI, new technology, etc, etc.

That sure as hell dont look like CGI to be, even very good CGI. That looks like the real deal.

and for those people that say "but it went directly overhead so it's sus" al i ahve to say is, birds fly over my head, and let go... not funny. not lucky for me. I've had planes go over my head. And helicopters.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Don't know if this is relevant or not:

1. In the Dominican Republic video the first two UFOs look like upside down parasails, complete with a human dangling 'up' from it. Turn it upside down (if you use a laptop!) and you can see that.

2. The new Haiti video UFOs follow a flight path exactly like a pair of jet fighters would take (complete with roar overhead.)

Just a couple of snippets...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
what do u guys think of this one? hehe

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I love all the fake CG experts on this thread.

This is getting a lot of views now thanks to Digg. So, some more media coverage might come.

The are reasons to think it is fake but not because you FEEL it looks like CG. First the clip is short like a lot of UFO clips on YouTube. Why does the person stop taping and what were they taping before hand? The person reacts oddly, only a gasp. Finally there is no additional information available from the person or form Haiti.

link   
QUOTE: 'and the owner should be contacted and this video shown on a massive level.

I agree with the owner should be contacted part. Good luck and let us know how that went.'

Yeah - I've already messaged him via my Youtube account - nothing yet...

J

[edit on 10-8-2007 by jimbo999]

link   

Originally posted by MDB101
what do u guys think of this one? hehe

www.youtube.com...

I'm pretty sure this was an exercise. In fact, I'm positive I've read somewhere that the makers did it just to show off how skilled they are at CGI. I only remember seeing this because of the Isaac/Drone debate and it was brought up as counter-evidence to the whole argument that "it can't be CGI".

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
It's pretty easy for a 3D artist to do on relatively inexpensive desktops now-a-days. With software like Maxwell Render, Mental Ray, V-Ray, it's easy to get a real world look, use Bijou for the motion tracking.

I think one thing that points to this being a fake is that it's a very short clip. If someone did this on their desktop and not on a render farm, then he/she would keep the clip short. If I caught a UFO this close, I would film until the tape or battery runs out. I'm suspicious as to why it's so short.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hrm.. It looks like other people are posting the same video.

www.youtube.com...
This one says the D.R. footage is from Langkawi Island Malaysia
www.youtube.com...
This one was added to the "Entertainment" category.

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I tend not to put alot of effort into believing these "new evidence clips", because to me they are far far too short to be credible.

I mean whats keeps these people from continuing to film after the "craft" has gone.It could come back, or we could hear some more reaction.

After something goes off into the distance, it would not be my immediate reaction to press the "stop recording" button, I would most likely scan the skies for at least a few minutes after.

Most of these clips are usually really short so the makers can limit how much they have to work on, and therefore can make it look damn good.

[edit on 10-8-2007 by TheSims10]

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If something is too good to be true it usually is. To me this seems too good to be true. I doubt that it will be put to bed by anything other than the creator stepping forward. (or the Filmer)

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
I love all the fake CG experts on this thread.

You don't need to be an expert on CGI to visualize and understand properties of digitally created footage compared to the properties of real objects in real footage.

Originally posted by -Jaguar-
Why does the person stop taping and what were they taping before hand?

Exactly, it's getting ridiculous at this point. Every single one that has the same exact visual properties as this one (which also leads towards the same program being used) usually ends way before the possible scene should have ended. What gives?

Then there's the whole issue with: The palm trees and grass do NOT react to these massive objects flying overhead. They continue to sway the same exact way as with the wind before the objects come close enough to effect them.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join