It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

[HOAX] Haiti UFO Video - YouTube - [HOAX]

page: 11
61
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   
OMFG ITS MASTER CHIEF!




posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
There is another video here uk.youtube.com...

The location looks the same.
The footage is also only 20 seconds long.
There is no reaction from the camera man/woman, just some audio in the background that sounds like a radio ??.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i just noticed that at first it looks mechanical but when it (convienetly) passes over the person it starts to look very fuzzy with tentacles then in the distance looks like the classical ufo



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Guess what..

The possible hoaxer could be none else than...... Microsoft!

On DiGG they're claiming it's a viral marketing campaign for HALO 3.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EBE154
EVERYTHING(!) in this videoclip is Computer-Generated-Imagery (CGI) using the so-called "CryEngine2"!!!

whoever still thinks that this is real... go to the cinema and see Transfromers (ILM)...

sry but for me it's ridiculous that ppl actually don't see the difference between photo-realistic REALITY and photo-realistic CGI...


I,ve seen it and it looks computer generated, not a realistic feel to it, and while we are on that subject how much do you think it cost to produce those images, more than anyone trying to create a hoax will ever have.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Here is one reason why... the SERPENTS return


www.ufoarea.com...



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Guess what..

The possible hoaxer could be none else than...... Microsoft!

On DiGG they're claiming it's a viral marketing campaign for HALO 3.


Why would Microsoft have some nobody release something like this on YouTube?



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by EBE154
EVERYTHING(!) in this videoclip is Computer-Generated-Imagery (CGI) using the so-called "CryEngine2"!!!

whoever still thinks that this is real... go to the cinema and see Transfromers (ILM)...

sry but for me it's ridiculous that ppl actually don't see the difference between photo-realistic REALITY and photo-realistic CGI...


While I agree that the Crysis Engine is a thing of beauty, I'm very certain that these videos were not rendered using that engine.



Being an avid gamer, I have a good feel for CGI images, and I have to say that these videos are not rendered using common CGI.

Honestly, for you to claim that EVERYTHING in that video (trees, craft, life-guard post) is rendered using the crysis engine shows a distinct lack of investigative prowess.

I am going to u2u davidbiedny and see if we can get him to weigh in.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
On DiGG they're claiming it's a viral marketing campaign for HALO 3.


This doesn't really remind me of Halo 3, at all. While I don't enjoy the series, I have played them. If you take into consideration how the whole Drone fiasco was claimed to have been a possible Halo 3 viral marketing campaign and it turned out it wasn't because of a KNOWN viral marketing campaign taking place for Halo 3 already... I really doubt it.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Guess what..

The possible hoaxer could be none else than...... Microsoft!

On DiGG they're claiming it's a viral marketing campaign for HALO 3.

Didn't they do something similair, but of lesser quality, for Halo 2? I seem to remember them setting of websites for the express purpose of them being "taken over" by a crazed rampant AI, which was only tangentially pertinent to Halo 2 itself.

Ah, yes. I Love Bees


Like all ARGs, I Love Bees was a cross-media game that deliberately blurred the line between in-game and out-of-game experiences. To "play" I Love Bees, interested people would generally visit websites thought to be involved with the game, collect and document the shifting information on these sites, and discuss the game with other users. Players also interacted with the game in unexpected ways, for example by receiving unexpected phone calls from Artificial Intelligence characters, or by sending and receiving emails.


While it's hard to say this is anything like "the logical next step" or even if it's definitely for Halo 3, this sort of viral marketting blurs the line between real and fake. My main disappointment will likely be that whatever game/movie they're advetising is mediocre, at best



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by danx

Originally posted by triviumfan321
O.K!!!!!!!!!!! Everyone LISTEN UP!!!!!!!!!!!!


I dont know if this will work but i have a program that can take a YOUTUBE video and turn it into a format that will work on an Ipod. I think the format is Quicktime....If i do that would that help with Analysis problem???


No, it wouldn't. What that program does is convert Youtube video (which is in FLV - flash video) into iPod video format (quicktime). Basically it's converting something that was already compressed.

Once it's sent to Youtube, what's presented on Youtube is the compressed video. What we needed was the video before being uploaded to Youtube.


Sorry, gotta disagree with danx here. If you can convert the file into Quicktime, you can use QT Player and jog frame by frame using < > arrow keys. I have been attempting to do that, but unable to. Of course it won't help the quality ( Garbage In / Out ) but it can be helpful to step through a frame at a time to find discrepanices or hints of tracking, field mismatch, motion blur, movement and such.

Unless someone else has a standalone player for flv that allows frame by frame jogging.

So I say, triviumfan321, give it a shot. It can't hurt.

regards...kk



[edit on 10-8-2007 by kinda kurious]



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

Why would Microsoft have some nobody release something like this on YouTube?


Very good question. Perhaps it would generate tons of interest like it's doing now. Trying expand their market. Getting it to people who normally wouldn't click there if they saw "Halo 3", "video game" or something similar in the video title.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Guess what..

The possible hoaxer could be none else than...... Microsoft!

On DiGG they're claiming it's a viral marketing campaign for HALO 3.


Here is the link to the digg discussion.



Originally posted by Digital_Reality
Why would Microsoft have some nobody release something like this on YouTube?



Viral marketing and viral advertising refer to marketing techniques that use pre-existing social networks to produce increases in brand awareness, through self-replicating viral processes, analogous to the spread of pathological and computer viruses. It can be word-of-mouth delivered or enhanced by the network effects of the Internet. Viral marketing is a marketing phenomenon that facilitates and encourages people to pass along a marketing message voluntarily. Viral promotions may take the form of funny video clips, interactive Flash games, advergames, images, or even text messages.


From wikipedia's Viral marketing entry.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donoso

This doesn't really remind me of Halo 3, at all. While I don't enjoy the series, I have played them. If you take into consideration how the whole Drone fiasco was claimed to have been a possible Halo 3 viral marketing campaign and it turned out it wasn't because of a KNOWN viral marketing campaign taking place for Halo 3 already... I really doubt it.


Ahhh.. Well if there is already a known marketing campaign then the DiGGies ae probably wrong. Thanks for the further info.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Does anyone notice the palm tree that is violently blown side to side as the crafts pass by?

AAC



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
If you want to rip YouTube videos:

www.ripzor.com...

nlindblad.org...

If you use FireFox:

addons.mozilla.org...

I highly recommend UnPlug. Once you get the file just put it in Windows Movie Maker (plugins required)/Adobe Premier and convert it.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
viral marketing serves two purposes. for starters, it gets people interested in something that they might not normally have looked into. Let's assume this is for halo. I am not a gamer but I am into ufos. I see these videos, I get interested in them, I learn it is a game about an alien invasion and I now want to play.

it serves to attract new people as well as to build excitement for folks interested in the item. Take the last Nine Inch Nails cd. They did some kind of illuminati thing on the internet. Clues, puzzles, etc. The end result was spelling out the storyline that the music is about. draws new listeners, gets old listeners excited about the upcoming release.

lastly, the media might get involved. Take a look at how much alternative news coverage those drones are getting. If they turn out to be viral marketing, those drones will have been seen by a whole lot of people at a very low cost.

anyone remember those videos of giant corpses being found in various locales around the world. it was all marketing for a game. They produced a few clips and spread them on the internet. the folks that saw them, passed them along, posted them on forums etc. Sony (I think it was there game) managed to reach a broad audience with little distribution cost.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Ahhh.. Well if there is already a known marketing campaign then the DiGGies ae probably wrong. Thanks for the further info.


www.eurogamer.net...

That gives some info about it. I haven't been keeping up to date with how it's progressing (it might have ended already) mainly because I don't care much for the series.



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Can you show me a viral marketing campaign that had absolutely no link/I.D. to the product it was attempting to promote? Whats the point if there is no 'go-to' link, logo, or resemblance to the product? Show me a viral campaign that has nothing to do with the product and I might believe that hypothesis.
Why risk going to all the trouble of doing it when there is no link to ANYTHING? You could end up promoting the wrong thing, of the competitors even..it makes no sense!

Anyway give it up on the 'halo' thing, they certainly need NO marketing to sell copies of that game, its already got like 4 million pre-orders.

Move on




Originally posted by Crakeur
viral marketing serves two purposes. for starters, it gets people interested in something that they might not normally have looked into. Let's assume this is for halo. I am not a gamer but I am into ufos. I see these videos, I get interested in them, I learn it is a game about an alien invasion and I now want to play.

it serves to attract new people as well as to build excitement for folks interested in the item. Take the last Nine Inch Nails cd. They did some kind of illuminati thing on the internet. Clues, puzzles, etc. The end result was spelling out the storyline that the music is about. draws new listeners, gets old listeners excited about the upcoming release.

lastly, the media might get involved. Take a look at how much alternative news coverage those drones are getting. If they turn out to be viral marketing, those drones will have been seen by a whole lot of people at a very low cost.

anyone remember those videos of giant corpses being found in various locales around the world. it was all marketing for a game. They produced a few clips and spread them on the internet. the folks that saw them, passed them along, posted them on forums etc. Sony (I think it was there game) managed to reach a broad audience with little distribution cost.


[edit on 10-8-2007 by wildone106]



posted on Aug, 10 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildone106
Anyway give it up on the 'halo' thing, they certainly need NO marketing to sell copies of that game, its already got like 4 million pre-orders.


While you're right, this is NOT the Halo 3 marketing campaign they're looking for. They DO/DID have one already and have been notorious for having them throughout their existence.




top topics



 
61
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

log in

join