It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof That God Does Not Exist ! (updated)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilblam
The difference between knowledge and truth is... what?

You sort of answered the question yourself.
Knowledge can be false. Truth can't.
I don't mean to play on words but it does mean a big difference to me.
Absolute knowledge could be defined as Truth, but I don't see knowledge on it's own as being the be all and end all - merely a tool used on the path to Truth.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
For those who believe in God, he says this about people like lilblam and jehovah's:

6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7 � For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 � If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
12 � Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
what is logic but the intellectual mind

that which is in the phenoumenal cannot begin to explain that which is in noumena

you cant explain with the logical mind that which is unexplainable in mere phenoumenal words

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Now it is a fact, you can not put a strain on zero. You can multiply it. You can divide it. You can add it. You can kick zero around, abuse it, smash it, cast it aside and guess what? It is still a perfect zero. So I do here by declare ZERO to be the only perfect number in the universe. Nothing you can do to it changes the value of ZERO. It is always and for ever - ZERO. You just can not get anything out of ZERO except ZERO. And NOTHING is ZERO. And ZERO is NOTHING. A God did not and COULD NOT come out of ZERO.

Well u can factorialize 0 and get an answer of 1.

0!=1......

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I'm not even going to read what is being said about God not existing. Fools!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Why not discuss what the real god could be?
If there exists some type of God it could be
1. more powerful energy(soul) than us
2. the (God) energy got the job to give us(smaller energies(souls)) flesh.
3. There are maybe 1 big (God) energy in each universe
4. remember this energy are not any Human thing ore something other intelligent thing we could refer to
5. Maybe we actually got a �source code��
Just some small thoughts

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Look,

The only reason anything exists is the simple fact that we are here to perceive it.

The only reason we are here to perceive anything is the simple fact that we exist.

there is nothing else.

through probability, in an infinite number of universes, down an infinite timeline, we have come into being. there is no other explanation.

everything exsists as it is because it exists as it is.

stop torturing yourselves and denying your own basic instincts.

-Durandal

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by lilblam
The difference between knowledge and truth is... what?

You sort of answered the question yourself.
Knowledge can be false. Truth can't.
I don't mean to play on words but it does mean a big difference to me.
Absolute knowledge could be defined as Truth, but I don't see knowledge on it's own as being the be all and end all - merely a tool used on the path to Truth.

False knowledge is not knowledge, it is just information. When you KNOW something, then it is true. Knowledge is always true!

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
For those who believe in God, he says this about people like lilblam and jehovah's:

6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
7 � For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
8 Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward.
9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10 � If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:
11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
12 � Having many things to write unto you, I would not write with paper and ink: but I trust to come unto you, and speak face to face, that our joy may be full.

Then I'll write my little book, and in it will be quoted:

"Those who come to you with the Bible are ignorant, they believe lies, do not welcome them into your homes! They come to deceive and control!"

And there will be no difference between our little books.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
In my opinion, there are SERIOUS problems with religion as an organization in the world today. BUT! When someone says that God exists or does not exist with an absolute certainty, it means that the person is lying to themselves. There is no way to prove or disprove God. Our minds are bound by human logic, which is incapable of figuring out everything. Like the concept of infinity. A concept that kinda fits well with God to be honest.

If your logic brings you to believe there is no God, more power to you. If your logic leads you to believe that there is a God, more power too you. Just remember, that deep down inside, you are lying to yourself if you say you know for sure.

Here is an analogy I always like to use. A boy builds a ramp in his back yard. He inspects its stability and angle. He is confident that if he rides his bike a certain distance at a certain speed and jumps off of the ramp, that he will make it. There are many levels of confidence. He truly has to believe he will make it or that there is a good chance to, or he wouldnt jump. Well, most people wouldn't. Some people might just do it in the hopes that they make it to the other side, because they are running from something. (Compare to searching God when you know you are going to die). Some people just dont know either way, have no real incentive, and just sit and look at the jump out of fear combined with lazyness. Some people know full well without a shadow of a doubt that they will make it to the other side. (True Christians). In reality though, the ramp could break or they could misjudge their speed...and never make it to the other side.

There are plenty more levels of belief and faith that could fit in there. Its just an example saying that you never really know for sure....even if you think you do.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Someone once said "If God doesn't exist, why invent such a thing?"

Thats the question i put to the non-believers.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

I am not sure what you mean by that statement. Do you mean that if God does not exist, where did the idea come from? Please explain what you feel.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   

I believe God exists, what i dont believe is that God is everything the Bible tells us God is for obvious historical reasons. We're all a part of God the good and the bad and cannot be disconnected from our Collective attachment to God.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   

There are many things that people come up with that don't exist, to deceive and confuse others. Those who believe a lie do so willingly, and therefore willingly accept the control of those who gave them this lie. To control and to feed, there are those who will lie and manipulate others.

So my answer is, the same reason anyone EVER invents something that's not true.

[Edited on 14-4-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If there is no God, then what keeps the universe together?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Gravity.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

Why does there need to be a conscious entity for that?

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Lilblam.....Answer me this.....

Can you understand all concepts or not? In other words, do you know what was here before the universe? If you think the universe was always here. What is outside of it?

If you think that everything is infinite in that regard...it would open up plenty more questions that I wont get into. I will get into this though. Do you understand infinity? (I know the answer to this)

If you don't know any of these things for sure, than there is more than enough room for God to exist.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I tell you if I had invented a god...he'd been okay with all the things of the flesh...because all of it either feels good or looks good...I wouldn't invent somebody that prohibits any of it...
it seems if god was created, we created something that has a problem with some of our own natural desires...which doesn't make any sense...why create something that's difficult (impossible) to please...
If he was simply created then what could have been their logic. to explain the unexplainable I guess. otherwise, why wouldn't a person want to be the supreme power, why include god. I guess we'll never know...

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Lilblam.....Answer me this.....

Can you understand all concepts or not?

Come on now, who do you think I am, God?

In other words, do you know what was here before the universe? If you think the universe was always here. What is outside of it?

But you are thinking in 3rd dimentional terms. What makes you think there IS an outside? What makes you think there's a "barrier" or an "edge" to it like a balloon?

If you think that everything is infinite in that regard...it would open up plenty more questions that I wont get into. I will get into this though. Do you understand infinity? (I know the answer to this)

Infinity means never ends, has no limit. Am I close?

If you don't know any of these things for sure, than there is more than enough room for God to exist.

There is no room for a separate conscious all-powerful entity to exist, it's a contradiction to objective reality, and contradictions only exist in theory.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join