It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest on Mars !?!?

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaPThis sure looks like some liquid did seep through the crater rim, coming from that small "stream".
Good find!

Okay looky here now... I take a week off and I come back to THIS?!?!

Who are you and what did you do with the REAL ArMaP

posted on Jul, 3 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by pleyades
Kind'a makes you wonder why they sent a probbe to the dessert terrain instead of to the water soucers..

it's know for many years about the north and south poles that they contain water or some other source of liquid. If we know that water is a source of live-giving then why would you send that thing to the dessert...let me guess... another smoke courtain for the public. Ether that or people at NASA at just a bunch of airheads.

Pleyades, My take on the reason NASA sent Viking 1 and 2, Pathfinder Sojourner, Spirit and Opportunity to dryer areas on Mars is to steer human beings on Earth away from seeing the wetter areas and more lifeforms on Mars. Yes the 2 rovers Spirit and Opportunity did encounter moisture but nothing like what is really there in and around the poles along with other wetter areas of Mars.

I met a man from La belle, Fl. who said he had been to Mars and told me of humanoids he met along with greys and reptilians in an underground base. He told me that the powers that be would kill him because he knew too much. He died shortly thereafter but no one could tell me the cause of his death. My guess he was in his early 40s and he had an incredible library about UFO's, aliens and their antigravity craft.

I believe as John Lear does about humanoids from Earth landing on Mars around 1966 that is aprox 41 years ago. This coincides pretty close with what the man said from La belle, Fl.

NASA knows where the water is on Mars they have had a 41 year head start of knowing where the water and lifeforms are located. Cover up, you could call it that but again NASA as an agency is told what to do by the higher up powers that be. Rik Riley

[edit on 3-7-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
I believe as John Lear does about humanoids from Earth landing on Mars around 1966 that is aprox 41 years ago.

I thought that was May 22nd, 1962, when burrowing life was found.

But I digress. So, when do you think a manned mission will be sent?

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Matyas, I speculate that it will be a multi international mission with the key players being U.S., Russia, Japan, Belgium, Germany, Great Britain, China, France, Israel and a few other countries not mentioned. This mission will be for show and the discovery of microbial life will take place as well as varifying what we already know water. LOL

This is a major cost as you know and will cost multi multi billions of dollars. My projection of a landing date on Mars Jan 11, 2025. The date will be determined on whether we go to war with China. Make no mistake China is gearing for war against the United States of America. Our military is aware of the break neck pace of their build up of military hardware including shipping arms by 3rd party to Iran. Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 4 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And yet another deep hole in the ground. This one at the bottom of a crater...

MSSS Hole in Ground

[edit on 4-7-2007 by zorgon]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Bear with me this one - is this or is this not a square entrance in CUBE block!? It is very poor image ... but cube block is rather noticeable..

msss

[edit on 5-7-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Obviously a lot of square shapes on this MSSS strip // same strip as previous post!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Zorgon, at first glance it looked like possibly wind blown dark sand but further viewing shows it to be a dark hole with anomolies on the rim of the hole. Could this be an entrance to an underground city? This is in the Elysium Plantia region of Mars as indicated on MSSS. Rik Riley

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Vegetation in all its beauty

msss

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
This I found today

- I do nothing -just cropped detail from the strip from “Dunes in crater near 45.5 S 331.3 W“

msss
large image

* colored for contrast:

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Dune!? - I don't think so

msss

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Same MSSS strip as in post above!

Crater “dune“ formation - descending structure pattern - into subterranean “entrance“ - visible hole!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
Crater “dune“ formation - descending structure pattern - into subterranean “entrance“ - visible hole!
Descending? Why descending? Those dunes look like they are more or less at the same level.

And that does not look like a hole, it looks just like other places on that area that have that darker "sand" (or whatever that is) deposits.

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Why? I think it is noticeable that on one side the “deposit“ - “dune“ -“structure“ is near the top of the rim , and on the opposite (narrow) side is sloping downward.

I see a hole. Look!

posted on Jul, 5 2007 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Obviously a lot of square shapes on this MSSS strip // same strip as previous post!

Thank you blue bird on posting square shapes on this MSSS strip. Cydonian Priest back on page 49 you were able to see what I was seeing in the photo. Most can not see what you have witnessed. To graduate to the next level of viewing look at the square shapes photo posted here by blue bird. First turn your contrast and brightness down to 78% on your monitor make sure you are in a dark room with no background lights.

Take your high quality magnifying glass preferably rectangular in shape tilt to approx. 30 to 45 degree angle this will help bring in the 3-D holographic effect and also help bring out the anomolies plus the city in this photo. If you wear glasses do not wear them when using the magnifying glass to view anomolies it does not work as well. Keep an eye out for the humanoid statues and structures and start at the bottom of photo scanning right to left each time. This will take you sometime to see everything do not get impatient the human brain is a biological computer the more you scan the brain will store the images and the better you will recognize anomolies and geometrical shapes. Rik Riley

[edit on 5-7-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Another example of possible plant life / image of the south polar region - “defrosting“/- these doesn't look just like some “dark spots“ - it looks like vegetation in spring time - when light penetrate ice and temperature rises and they can preform photosynthesis and live.

msss

msss

In 2001, three Hungarian researchers, Tibor Ganti, Eoers Szathmary, and Andras Horvath from the Planetarium and the Institute for Advanced Study, Budapest, claimed to have found evidence of vegetation in some of the Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) images. Large groups of dark spots in craters in the south polar region of Mars (see photo) which spread every Martian spring could prove there is life on Mars, they said. The team studied 60,000 photographs taken by MGS before concluding that the organisms lived by photosynthesis. "The organisms live between the surface of Mars and a thick ice cover that isolates them extremely well from Martian temperatures of around -120°C," said Ganti. "When the spring comes and light penetrates the ice, these organisms absorb the energy of light and warm up themselves. Under the ice, temperatures rise to slightly above 0°C. A thin inner layer of the ice melts, thus creating the conditions of life. In the summer, when the whole ice cover melts and the water evaporates, they dry out again," he said. The dark spots start spreading in the spring, varying from 10 meters to several hundred metres in diameter. "The organisms could be algae or lichen at the most, similar to organisms that can be found on tundra close to the earth's North and South Poles," according Ganti. However, other, non-biological explanations have been put forward. For example, it has been noted that images taken by the Giotto probe showed that the black color of cometary nuclei is formed when a mixture of carbon and water ice is exposed to ultraviolet radiation

source

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Crater/ water pond // Eos Chasma terrain // .... again

msss

On this same strip MU // mars unearthed // found this incredible “WATERFALLS“

image by “mars unearthed MU

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley

Thank you blue bird on posting square shapes on this MSSS strip. Cydonian Priest back on page 49 you were able to see what I was seeing in the photo. Most can not see what you have witnessed. To graduate to the next level of viewing look at the square shapes photo posted here by blue bird. First turn your contrast and brightness down to 78% on your monitor make sure you are in a dark room with no background lights.

Take your high quality magnifying glass preferably rectangular in shape tilt to approx. 30 to 45 degree angle this will help bring in the 3-D holographic effect and also help bring out the anomolies plus the city in this photo. If you wear glasses do not wear them when using the magnifying glass to view anomolies it does not work as well. Keep an eye out for the humanoid statues and structures and start at the bottom of photo scanning right to left each time. This will take you sometime to see everything do not get impatient the human brain is a biological computer the more you scan the brain will store the images and the better you will recognize anomolies and geometrical shapes. Rik Riley

Thanks Rik - here is complete image with another triangle shaped crater/structure .

How did you come with this kind of looking through images? ( I am going to fetch myself some fine magnifying glass - because it sounds interesting)

* Rik , what is your take on this one // complex geometric organization !?! //?

....and rotated - so the sphere is visible

msss

*archaeological riuns / Egypt

...with a sphere

source

** from another msss strip // “dunes in kaiser crater“
( scroll to the bottom )

[edit on 6-7-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Why? I think it is noticeable that on one side the “deposit“ - “dune“ -“structure“ is near the top of the rim , and on the opposite (narrow) side is sloping downward.
I think that the floor of the crater is more or less horizontal and the different size and shape of the dunes is the responsible for that dept effect.

Another example of possible plant life / image of the south polar region - “defrosting“/- these doesn't look just like some “dark spots“ - it looks like vegetation in spring time - when light penetrate ice and temperature rises and they can preform photosynthesis and live.

That looks like a possible sign of life, but, as they say in that article from which you posted that part, it may be something as simple algae or lichen. That would explain the lack of 3D that I see on those pictures, that "vegetation" would be covering the ground but not high enough itself to show that it has height.

And as a PS, TIFF images do not display on web browsers (unless there is a special plug-in installed), if you want to display TIFFs you must convert them to a different format, preferably PNG, because it shows on web browsers and does not loose any detail as JPG does.

On this same strip MU // mars unearthed // found this incredible “WATERFALLS“

Incredible indeed, because it looks like the first horizontal waterfall I have seen.

posted on Jul, 6 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

This (Monkey King's Ear of Barsoom-just kidding
) to me looks like a breach in a crater wall with the winds pushing sand through.

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join