It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forest on Mars !?!?

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well Zorgon...that is not quite how it looks on mars. The ones on Mars are very high ridges supported by apparently nothing over a great portion on the ends.

Looking through some images i put on my flash drive while in between tasks at work, i found this interesting one

source:

www.blogger.com...

it is rather large, so i have "downsized" it and applied some contrast for viewing here:

First of all, the ridge is amazing to see, the way it connects the two mountain groups. It is almost like a dam or something. The striations on either side show tell tale signs of past geologic activity (a la plate tectonic action). You can see how the ridge continues to go further up on the mountain range at the top. It looks almost like it was touched up...just not natural:

Point 1 looks like it was brushed up somehow. The feature doesn't fit in, and it appears as though it might be blurred.

Point 2 is interesting for the sheer height of the feature. It looks like The Painted Desert in Utah, which is caused by wind.

On the bottom half is a group of mountains with odd right angles:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Here is one of those transit tubes on the moon... in Copernicus Crater just for comparison

I see this

head

window

[edit on 9-7-2007 by blue bird]

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
But what is this - on the rim of Copernicus crater!?

nasa

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
blue bird

TIFFs do not show on web browsers, just post the link to the files instead of posting them as images.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Just one was tiff format (sorry) the others are png

More...strange stuff on Cop. crater/Moon:

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

And of course you need contrast to see clearly.
Not necessarily. That is why I prefer the use of the "Levels" option in Photoshop, because it lets me change the visibility of the image but keeping all the data at the same time.

Sorry ArMaP... but if that were true then all the Forensic labs, the military image enhancers etc would all be invalid. Raw data is just that RAW... needing to be processed so we can better see and interpret what is there. Have you ever seen what the FBI and CIA can do with fuzzy, blurry poor quality images of people in video cams? They can get a clear reconizable image that stands up in court.

So it may be your preference to only view them as you do, but I consider that a little silly and invalid...

Nothing personal...

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Well Zorgon...that is not quite how it looks on mars. The ones on Mars are very high ridges supported by apparently nothing over a great portion on the ends.

That's because on Mars sand dunes for some reason are very sharp. We know there is both wind and atmosphere, and scads of dust devils. so why so the dunes have such sharp, and even right angles?

Truly an Alien world to be sure...

Now then if I was going to disguise transit tubes.. making them look like dunes in a deep rill would be a way to go

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   
“Dune“... this Mars “sand“ is awesome

...and sand seems to be even elastic wow

msss

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Sorry ArMaP... but if that were true then all the Forensic labs, the military image enhancers etc would all be invalid. Raw data is just that RAW... needing to be processed so we can better see and interpret what is there. Have you ever seen what the FBI and CIA can do with fuzzy, blurry poor quality images of people in video cams? They can get a clear reconizable image that stands up in court.
OK, maybe I didn't explain it in the best way.

One of the things the "Levels" option in Photoshop can do is change the contrast, but it shows the histogram of the selected area (or of all the image, is nothing is selected) and so it lets us choose the best maximum and minimum levels without loosing any data. If we choose we can disregard some of the data, but Photoshop lets us be in charge of what we do, while changing only the contrast, usually, does not show that we may be loosing detail in favour of a better contrast.

So, the "treatment" I give my images may give me exactly the same result as that of blue bird, but at least I know that I did not loose any data, while I don't know in what way blue bird changed the contrast of those images. That is why I said "not necessarily", changing the contrast may give better results but it may also give bad results.

And I don't think that the FBI and the CIA only change the contrast to give them better images.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by blue bird
...and sand seems to be even elastic wow

msss
Only seems to be elastic if we consider that as a whole and not as being made by millions of particles.

And I don't know if you noticed that the image above has some blurred areas.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
ArMaP - no data is lost, and beside there is ALWAYS the link to original image!

Regarding “sand“ - I don't know, what kind and possible shapes of sand did you ever see - but I can tell you, this one is pretty exotic, to say at least.

Where you see a “zillion sand particles“ - I see a zillion STRINGS like form, but that's me!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Making a Splash on Mars

"One thing we have to be careful of is our everyday experience that water always freezes at zero degrees," noted Hoover. "It doesn't. Water containing dissolved salts freezes at a significantly lower temperature. Don Juan Pond in Antarctica is a good example. It's a high salinity pond with liquid water at temperatures as low as -24 °C."

science.msfc.nasa.gov...

Seems NASA is showing us that water may not look like water... and I know ArMaP will say this looks like water because he knows its water

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Check this - water, water, water:

Do you see the “water“ line - and the soil visible through transparency of water!?

msss

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yegads!!! This one looks like the mouth of that Giant worm on Star Wars

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yeah Zorgon ...and do you see how it nicely match the Anctartica image regarding water - gash, we can see through!

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

ArMaP - no data is lost, and beside there is ALWAYS the link to original image!
You are right, there is no loss of data on that image with the enhanced contrast, both have 59 shades of grey.

I did said that I do not know how you do it, it depends on the program you use.

Regarding “sand“ - I don't know, what kind and possible shapes of sand did you ever see - but I can tell you, this one is pretty exotic, to say at least.
I have seen many, but I confess that I have never seen anything like that, but I have seen areas that look like one of those "strings".

Where you see a “zillion sand particles“ - I see a zillion STRINGS like form, but that's me!
I see them also, it reminds me of the way muscles look like, but I do not see anything that could not be made by sand or other type of soil.

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And the most famous of “duna train“...

Some folks see dolphins...wails...“megapotamus“:

source: palermo project

...me...well...I see this little fellow
sweet

msss

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   
ooops...2x post ...sorry

posted on Jul, 9 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Way to go bluebird I applaud you on your hard work and dedication to finding the truth on what is on Mars. I had seen imprints on the surface of a whale and porpoise near Valles Marineris when I first started scanning Mars years ago. I thought it to be a fluke but as I scanned more and more and discovered life forms on Mars I changed my mind and knew they had to be real. Rik Riley

[edit on 9-7-2007 by rikriley]

posted on Jul, 10 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Yeah Zorgon ...and do you see how it nicely match the Anctartica image regarding water - gash, we can see through!

Its not me you have to convince there is water there. I mean John Lear says there are 6 million people living there and your doing a great job finding the resevoirs, forests and cities...

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join