It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Amazing Structures On Mars!! Evidence Of Advanced Alien Life??

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
amongus, that's exactly why I posted it here! I wanted this to be proved a hoax.

I think you'll have to do a lot better than that. You didn't just post a falsified photo, you gave it false credits and a false source.

Image courtesy: ESA/DLR/FU Berlin (G. Neukum)

Now what do you think these are?

Natural geological formations? Or part of an underground water / tube rail complex? Or some artificially made ‘symbols’? Or photographic glitches? (Now why would ESA release a pic with glitches?! )

Cheers!

More..

Want to explain that?

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

I think you'll have to do a lot better than that. You didn't just post a falsified photo, you gave it false credits and a false source.

Want to explain that?

Wow! So the accusations have finally started!! I was wondering why you hadn't surfaced earlier! Myth, let's get one thing clear. I do not produce any NASA / ESA images by myself. Nor do I manipulate them to produce hoaxes. I'm here just like you are, trying to get at what the heck is really going on. If an image looks 'anomalous', it's a nice thing to discuss it here. Opinions are what we're looking at. Are all NASA images pure and virgin, untampered and not airbrushed? So do we know what we're actually looking at? Can you prove that none of these NASA images are tampered with?

False credit?? Here's the original I received in B&W. Can you see the source at the bottom left and the scale on the bottom right? G Neukum's images are on the ESA web site. Here's the image:

Now as per the rules of the game, due acknowledgment / credit has to be given, unless you don't do that yourself, which is unethical to say the least.

By the way, the anomalies in this image are a dime a dozen! But I'm not sure how this image was made. Whether it's genuine or not, I haven't the faintest clue. And that's why the need for opinions. The easiest thing to do is to holler, "hoax"! So prove it!!

Cheers!

[edit on 20-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roz47
Hi..Yea there are a lot of these mars pics out there, but our scientists for some reason just dont want to believe..
Frustrating
Roz47

That's OK. You can't be a good scientist if you are easy to convince. Richard Hoagland's standards of evidence have not been within shouting distance of those that scientists routinely apply.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   

But can anyone here make a similar sign on a Mars pic in whatever software and post it here on ATS? This way the matter can be solved once and for all! Any takers??

This was the first time I tried to do something like this, imagine what a trained person could do.

Edit: This was made by me just to show it was possible, this is not a real photo.

[edit on 20/2/2007 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

But can anyone here make a similar sign on a Mars pic in whatever software and post it here on ATS? This way the matter can be solved once and for all! Any takers??

This was the first time I tried to do something like this, imagine what a trained person could do.

Armap, I was wondering where the devil you had disappeared!!

Ah! That was amazing! You're the trained one anyway! OK so this proves the signs are fake!! But how on Earth was the image produced? The details of the geological formations are very sharply defined.

Good job!!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   

OK so this proves the signs are fake!!

Back up a bit....you're prematurely jumping to a conclusion....

It doesn't prove the signs are fake....certainly it may be damning evidence...but the only thing it proves is that text/characters can be laid onto an image with a texture that duplicates the surroundings.

*Gets off of soapbox*

Myself, I think its a blatant fake. And while I'm fairly certain of that, I can't ignore the process of critical thinking. Despite the fact that I've made a decision regarding the image, I can't ignore other information that may influence my decision. That's how a skeptic approaches an issue...unfortunately, many 'open-minded' people have a problem acknowledging the process...IMO.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   

OK so this proves the signs are fake!! But how on Earth was the image produced? The details of the geological formations are very sharply defined.

Actually, the zodiac image of Cydonia was not that sharp, and appeared to have been light-blasted using brightness/contrast (and possibly other) adjustments. It's pretty common to see global degradation like this in amateur manipulated photos, as the lighting adjustments help to merge or hide the retouch.

You can see that the zodiac version of Cydonia is significantly degraded, compared to the unretouched version that was posted shortly afterwards.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/20/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The first image I posted was cropped from the real ESA photo of Cydonia.
Since you wanted a demonstration - I did this during a 20 minute coffee break and had time to visit the little boys room. Give me a couple of hours and I'll put the Pentagon on Mars.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Armap, I was wondering where the devil you had disappeared!!

Ah! That was amazing! You're the trained one anyway! OK so this proves the signs are fake!! But how on Earth was the image produced? The details of the geological formations are very sharply defined.

Good job!!

Mikesingh, do not dispear for you brought forth one of the greatest photos ever taken of the this incredible planet Mars. Take out the 2 so called symbols in the middle. There are some of the most incredible hieroglyphs in this photo I have seen on Mars.

Like I say look at the photo as a hologram look thru the veil you will see some astonishing sites. For those who can not see these incredible statues and geometric Martonian structures I am sorry.

On Mars what you think and see is isn't and what you think and see isn't is. Proper grammer not intended. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
The first image I posted was cropped from the real ESA photo of Cydonia.
Since you wanted a demonstration - I did this during a 20 minute coffee break and had time to visit the little boys room. Give me a couple of hours and I'll put the Pentagon on Mars.

Nice one Blaine! Heck, but now the questions: Is NASA faking photographs using these methods? Are the images they're dishing out, not what they actually are?? Are we seeing the truth being hidden in many of those NASA pics? How much is the truth and how much fake? Is there any means of blowing the lid of this NASA conspiracy?

But whatever, the B/W image of the area posted earlier on this page is undoubtedly amazing in clarity/sharpness/resolution. I wonder how this was done?

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
i think it says something
i edited it to make it better...a bit

[edit on 21-2-2007 by roswell1]

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

is that the "face on mars" in the bottom left hand corner.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
is that the "face on mars" in the bottom left hand corner.

I believe it is.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Is that the "face on mars" in the bottom left hand corner.

Yup! It is the famous 'face' on Mars. But compare this with the same 'face' in the enlarged second pic in the opening post. Looks like a hidden structure in the face!!

But heck! What technique was employed to produce the entire image? As Rik had mentioned above, something to do with holograms??

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
If you go to the ESA "Mars Express" site you will find the source of all these new high res photos. It is worth the effort to download the big files. There are also 3D images available. Here is the link -
ESA Mars Express

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Did you know there is a species of bacteria which grows on the fuel rods of of nuclear powerplant reactors??

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 12:59 AM
link   

i think it says something
i edited it to make it better...a bit

[edit on 21-2-2007 by roswell1]

Now what does this imply? Does it mean that the signs in the photograph are hoaxed?

Also, no one here seems to know the technique behind this amazing high resolution B/W image taken of Mars (Cydonia?) shown on top of this page. This is the best hires image I have ever seen of any area on Mars! For the discerning, the anomalies of artificial looking structures here are mind boggling!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Also, no one here seems to know the technique behind this amazing high resolution B/W image taken of Mars (Cydonia?) shown on top of this page. This is the best hires image I have ever seen of any area on Mars! For the discerning, the anomalies of artificial looking structures here are mind boggling!

I thought we already discussed this. The B/W image up there is just a grayscale version of the extremely hi-resolution color image that has been posted repeatedly in this thread. Additionally, the B/W image has been photo-retouched with the zodiacal symbols, and then light-blasted to make it high-contrast. Actually, the B/W image is rather detail-poor, because the contrast adjustment just washed-out many areas of the photo (those areas that appear white).

I wouldn't be too impressed, especially since we know it's a retouched photo.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Have you guys read roz47 post where he gives two links to some strange strutureds on mars. Well click
www.startinglinks.net..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Then there scrool down to number ten i see the picture of a so-called subway system and try to notice to the right of the red line a face (of something) a Being? or is it my imagination lol

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
nice pics i agree with what most people have said thus far in that if it was earth they wouldnt think twice before saying it was ancient ruins, the problem is that scientists dont wana get burned for stating that there was life in mars and then it turns out not to be so like the old water channels thing

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join