It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Amazing Structures On Mars!! Evidence Of Advanced Alien Life??

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
No, look at my post and link again. I'm not talking about the symbols.

Troy

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Here..

The images are 8 Mb in HI-RES JPG to 45 Mb in HI-RES TIFF.

Cheers!

From your link I saw something interesting. It doesn't look to be natural.

This is the part of the original picture I saw it in

Cylindrical with a core in the middle. Strange?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:10 PM
link   
PieMan,

Now that is peculiar for sure. Nice find.

Troy

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
PieMan,

Now that is peculiar for sure. Nice find.

Troy

Thanks!
That thing to the right of it looks to be like a band-shell type thing too. It looks like its hollow inside. I wonder if that planet was hit by some sort of cataclysmic event. Like a huge meteor.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I, personally, don't see anything amazing in small piles of rocky debris upon the surface of a planet that we believe is subject to major dust storms, possible volcanic/seismic action, a subsurface quantity of water ice which probably expands and contracts with temperature fluctuation, and the effect of continual meteoric impacts. These forces alone can account for the active erosion that we see on Mars.

Far more astonishing to me are other formations within our solar system, which just flat-out defy scientific explanation. Consider Iapetus, a moon of Saturn:

Iapetus is almost 900 miles in diameter, has no atmosphere, is brightly iced-over on one side (they think), covered with some kind of coal-like soot on the other side, and features some formations that are mind-boggling. Along with the typical moonish cratering, you can see two massive impact craters (the larger one is some 370 miles across). The crater cliffs are 9 miles high.

More astonishing is the 12-mile-high ridge that follows almost exactly the moon's equator for over 800 miles. When I first saw this shot, I thought Jeez, WTF is THAT? If that doesn't look artificially engineered by something, I don't know what does.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Here is an incredible image of an area around the Iani Chaos region on Mars, sent to me by a friend recently. The image was taken by the ESA Mars Express.

Someone photoshopped the astrological typeface onto a photo.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This image, as I’ve mentioned in the OP has more questions than answers. I had asked my friend to give me the details of the image, especially its amazing resolution but he seems hesitant as I’m still awaiting his reply.

Frankly speaking I have reservations on this pic too. Seems to have been photoshopped. But check out both the anomalous areas circled in red. The lower sign is barely visible but seems to be an integral part of the image, and has a similar config as the upper one. Is the lower one photoshopped too? If so, why didn’t the ‘photoshopper’ not make the lower one as prominent as the upper symbol?

Having said that, why does NASA have to release foggy looking images of Mars and the Moon? Where’s the super high resolution stuff? OK. Here is one image that is in super high resolution of a strip on Mars. It’s > 700 Mb!! Check out the specs:

Image PSP_001503_2180 here was taken by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft on 21-Nov-2006. The complete image is centered at 37.5 degrees latitude, 82.8 degrees East longitude. The range to the target site was 293.5 km (183.5 miles).

At this distance the image scale is 29.4 cm/pixel (with 1 x 1 binning) so objects ~88 cm across are resolved. The image shown here has been map-projected to 25 cm/pixel.

And there are more anomalies here than you can imagine!! But before you even think of checking these anomalies out, you'd better have the requisite software to download the 700 Mb image!

Now is there an image of similar hires for this 'signs' area too, which is likely the Cydonia area? Without the super hires, one would probably never be able to find the answers!!

And where the devil did this guy get it from?

Cheers!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
I, personally, don't see anything amazing in small piles of rocky debris upon the surface of a planet that we believe is subject to major dust storms, possible volcanic/seismic action, a subsurface quantity of water ice which probably expands and contracts with temperature fluctuation, and the effect of continual meteoric impacts. These forces alone can account for the active erosion that we see on Mars.

Far more astonishing to me are other formations within our solar system, which just flat-out defy scientific explanation. Consider Iapetus, a moon of Saturn:

Iapetus is almost 900 miles in diameter, has no atmosphere, is brightly iced-over on one side (they think), covered with some kind of coal-like soot on the other side, and features some formations that are mind-boggling. Along with the typical moonish cratering, you can see two massive impact craters (the larger one is some 370 miles across). The crater cliffs are 9 miles high.

More astonishing is the 12-mile-high ridge that follows almost exactly the moon's equator for over 800 miles. When I first saw this shot, I thought Jeez, WTF is THAT? If that doesn't look artificially engineered by something, I don't know what does.

— Doc Velocity

Just check this out!! This is from one of my earlier posts Here..Looks like the Star War's 'Death Star', what??

There's something about Iapetus, the mysterious moon orbiting Saturn.
Notice the ring around it? 12 miles or about 60,000 feet high and 750 miles long. And it's straight as an arrow!

Compare both the images. Am I imagining things? Shades of George Lucas and his Star Wars saga!!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   

This is the same area as your image only before post work was done. The red circle on the left of your photo is the face.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Shock horror, yet another hoax.

Talking of moons that look like the Death Star, check Mimas out:

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

This is the same area as your image only before post work was done. The red circle on the left of your photo is the face.

Bingo! I had a lurking suspicion of the pic being fake! But hey, wait a minute!
Suppose the signs have been airbrushed / tampered with? (Knowing NASA's propensity and expertise for doing this!!). If so you'll see nothing there!

But the question is where did this pic originate? If it wasn't airbrushed, then how was it released? That's not possible! And so this should be a fake.

But can anyone here make a similar sign on a Mars pic in whatever software and post it here on ATS? This way the matter can be solved once and for all! Any takers??

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
From your link I saw something interesting. It doesn't look to be natural.

This is the part of the original picture I saw it in...
Cylindrical with a core in the middle. Strange?

That was a good find! But there are a number of other fascinating anomalies too, in the area you have shown. More of that later!

Cheers

[edit on 20-2-2007 by mikesingh]

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   
these are the symbols on the fake pic,

but im really interested in latest pic with the cilinder in the crater.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Image PSP_001503_2180 here was taken by the High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) camera onboard the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter spacecraft on 21-Nov-2006. The complete image is centered at 37.5 degrees latitude, 82.8 degrees East longitude. The range to the target site was 293.5 km (183.5 miles).

At this distance the image scale is 29.4 cm/pixel (with 1 x 1 binning) so objects ~88 cm across are resolved. The image shown here has been map-projected to 25 cm/pixel.

And there are more anomalies here than you can imagine!........

PSP_001503_2180 is being discussed in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There aren't a lot of anomalies, but there is an interesting geological feature.
And you know where the image came from, you posted it yourself.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Talking of moons that look like the Death Star, check Mimas out:

Strange, I've seen shots of Iapetus and Mimas over and over, and just never made the Death Star connection. I guess when I'm actually enjoying science, my appreciation for sci-fi is placed on hold.

But, then, here's the most mind-blowing moon in our solar system, that has you reaching for sci-fi explanations. It's Miranda, moon of Uranus.

If Iapetus and Mimas look like the Death Star, then Miranda looks like Death Star target practice. Just a fabulous and mysterious formation.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does the "photoshop job" look kind of like Arabic Text???

Or Maybe if you change the angle, it can even me construed as the word 'fool'

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

And there are more anomalies here than you can imagine!........

PSP_001503_2180 is being discussed in this thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

There aren't a lot of anomalies, but there is an interesting geological feature.
And you know where the image came from, you posted it yourself.

I know! But what I'm referring to is not the one you referred above. I meant the image in the OP!!

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
wow, they are some crazy pics. Its hard to think that there are cool formations like those moons in our solar system.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

That was a good find! But there are a number of other fascinating anomalies too, in the area you have shown. More of that later!

Cheers

Thanks MS! Ok let me know when you make a thread. Im curious to see what you found.

Pie

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
The real question, Mike, should be what kind of "friends" do you have that would send you a hoaxed image? This will only hurt your credibility from now on man, and I hate to say that.

You said your friend was "hesitant" to give you details on how he came across the image. . yet you still posted it. Shouldnt this draw major suspicion? Not only that Mike, but you have been a longtime poster here. . and have scoured what I surmise to be thousands of mars images, and yet you didnt bother to do any cross-referencing with images from the same area from your collection before posting it? You would have found pretty quick that the image was a hoax.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

You said your friend was "hesitant" to give you details on how he came across the image. . yet you still posted it. Shouldnt this draw major suspicion? Not only that Mike, but you have been a longtime poster here. . and have scoured what I surmise to be thousands of mars images, and yet you didnt bother to do any cross-referencing with images from the same area from your collection before posting it? You would have found pretty quick that the image was a hoax.

amongus, that's exactly why I posted it here! I wanted this to be proved a hoax. But then whilst studying the other pics of the area, and comparing it with this one, I sometimes wonder if the originals, what we're being dished out, aren't airbrushed / tampered with? Do we have proof they aren't?

There are, needless to say, many images of the Moon (reproduced in many a thread here on ATS) that clearly show image tampering. What's to prove that what NASA / ESA is showing us, say, of the Cydonia area isn't fudged to some extent?

And I would like to know, as I had mentioned earlier, if some Photoshop wizards here can get hold of the same region of cydonia and make an image just like this one? If it can be done, then it would be crystal clear that this image is a hoax. (Which I think it is!)

Darn! I guess we'll never know the truth until we take our backpacks and go trekking to the area ourselves!!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join