It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Amazing Structures On Mars!! Evidence Of Advanced Alien Life??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher
Interesting images, not sure what to think. If they were photoshoped I think they would be more elaborate.

A very simple and subtle photo-retouch is much more likely to be accepted than a big, blatant cut-and-paste image. For instance, you can always get away with removing freckles and slight blemishes from a portrait photo, but you can't cut-and-paste two noses onto that portrait, I don't care how good a photo-retoucher you are. The viewer's mind simply won't accept it, red flags go up all over the place.

To my eye, this is a retouch. I mean, that's the first flag that goes up for me. I'd like to see a raw image from NASA and/or JPL.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That link you posted didn't have the image on it. Now i've seen many a crazy natural landform before but that is nothing like i've ever seen only thing that kinda springs to mind is a small very very odd river channel but that is a massive push.

Its the best thing i've seen so far which would suggest old settlement on mars just as long as its not photoshopped

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hey Mike, the website you linked us to contains lots of Mars images. Which specific image shows the surface structures? And if we need to zoom in, which quadrant of the image should we be inspecting? We need to see that photo before it can potentially be mysteriously erased. Thanks -CWM

Originally posted by mikesingh

Originally posted by Stale Cracker
ESA link to archive?... I agree w/ Creedo, too good to be true, need raw image! Thanks.

Here..

The images are 8 Mb in HI-RES JPG to 45 Mb in HI-RES TIFF.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I found the raw image here:

esamultimedia.esa.int...

There are no squiggly alien symbols there.

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well if these pics are authentic then its pretty damned amazing. Can anyone out there confirm if these are real or not?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Yeah, damn it was a fake! Delete this thread...

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I'll give MikeSingh the benefit of the doubt at this point that he posted an authentic photo. When he comes back online, we can ask for further guidance on locating the exact photo/positioning. Going forward, I think we all need to post our SOURCES for photos, videos, stories, or ATS can delete the thread before it gets cranking. Is that a good idea?

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Has to be fake cause i cant see any signs on th original scan, (awesome photo by the way) i can confirm this symbol is the symbol for leo, which i noticed straight away because im a leo... duno about the 1 next to it... anyway its fake.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Black_Sheep_Squadron]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I think the photo that started the thread is bogus. Here's a higher-resolution version of the area with the site in question circled in red. Just a pair of craters, looks like.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/19/2007 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Ok, so how do we confuse a ('shopped) picture of Cydonia (41deg N, 10deg W) with a supposed picture of Iani Chaos (.7deg S, 340.6deg E)???

I smell somethin'......

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Yeah, I have to agree.

I think it's definitely a photoshop job.

Shame really. It looked cool!

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
yeh this one

link   

Originally posted by Stale Cracker
Ok, so how do we confuse a ('shopped) picture of Cydonia (41deg N, 10deg W) with a supposed picture of Iani Chaos (.7deg S, 340.6deg E)??? I smell somethin'......

Well, I'm not saying I know for a fact, but if it has anything to do with Cydonia, it usually has Richard Hoaxland's fingerprints on it.

— Doc Velocity

link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Natural geological formations? Or part of an underground water / tube rail complex? Or some artificially made ‘symbols’? Or photographic glitches? (Now why would ESA release a pic with glitches?! )

Cheers!

[edit on 19-2-2007 by mikesingh]

I'm shooting for the "artificially made 'symbols'". But would sure like to hear how they got there since you did give us the source image with no anomalies on it..

Quick edit to cast doubt on your friends sources..I do know MS has been posting here for ages and I have rarely seen him make a big step wrong..

[edit on 19/2/07 by CthulhuRising]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Man I'm at work and cant get the 45 MB tiff here, but from what I have scanned of the Iani Chaos pics so far nada.....Mikesingh, it is apparent that the first picture you posted is as well a much magnified image from the much larger Iani Chaos images available there. I would really like to think that this image came from ESA archives but I'm not seeing it.....

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Lost_Mind]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Yea, I thought it was too good to be true!... Now I feel down again...

[edit on 19-2-2007 by zeke]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Guys, stop looking at anything in the Iani Chaos region... The pic with the glyphs on it is Cydonia, not Iani Chaos. Check the pic Sevkev found, which Black_Sheep posted above.

The address is clearly in the Cydonia images archive, not to mention the infamous "Face" is staring back at us from almost dead center. To the left is the D&M pyramid and the rest... compare the pic above with the first one MS posted.

it sucks, but looks like a phony

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
They are the astrological signs for Leo, Capricorn and Taurus. Probably the signs of the hoaxers...

The Taurus one may be Capricorn 'eroded'.

[edit on 19-2-2007 by Tiloke]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Oh yeah only just noticed the face myself..

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Would be more recognizable as Cydonia if the photo was rotated 90° counter-clockwise. BTW, I also see a horsey, and a bunny, and.....

— Doc Velocity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join