It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Announcing the AbovePolitics.com 2007 Elections for President of the United States!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Well, a conservative did call you vicious; that's usually a sure sign of being a Democrat... or widely percieved as one. I'm not saying you are either a democrat or vicious, I'm just saying that you've been seen being treated like one.

Perception is 9/10ths of reality it seems. Fact of the matter is that there are some good takes on issues from all political stances. Actually, I haven't decided what party to run with. I've narrowed it down to Dem., Green, Lib., Reform and Rep.(alphabetical order
) though.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
If i can make a suggestion, if there are threads discussing the presidency and such, people should try to tag them consistently, say, with "ATS Presidency". So if you announce you are running for the candidacy, that'd be a good tag. If some of the candidates debate one another, that'd be a good tag, and when the candidates for the parties are selected, and they make speeches in threads, that'd be a good tag, etc.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Someone tell grim to take me off ignore

Tell him I promise not to talk about his belief in Titor during the campaigns

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

I had an affair

I stole a bra as a child at Sears

I smoke, have an occasional drink, and wouldnt kick a mind-altering pill out of my way

Oh, and i DID INHALE once.

Of course you can run! With that resume', you're halfway towards being a bonafide Democrat!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
since im changing ISP i wont have a connection for 14-17 days
will that be a problem?

You bet it will! Your opponents will mount a smear campaign against you, and they will end every accusation with the statement "If that is not true, bodrul, then deny it right now!"

j/k

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Fact of the matter is that there are some good takes on issues from all political stances.

This fence ain't big enough for the both of us, pardner!
I'll tell you what, if we're both gonna make sense, we'll split the issues. You can have all of the moral highground issues and immigration, I get the economy, education, and foreign policy.

And we'll flip a coin over campaign finance reform (your campaign can keep the coin if you go easy on me in the debates).

edit because commas are important to me.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by The Vagabond]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Fact of the matter is that there are some good takes on issues from all political stances.

This fence ain't big enough for the both of us, pardner!
I'll tell you what, if we're both gonna make sense, we'll split the issues. You can have all of the moral highground issues and immigration, I get the economy, education, and foreign policy.

And we'll flip a coin over campaign finance reform (your campaign can keep the coin if you go easy on me in the debates).

[edit on 19-1-2007 by The Vagabond]

Better yet, let's take that coin, put it in the public coffers and go head to head on ALL of the issues, for ALL Americans.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   

commas aren't voting in the election, stop trying to make yourself looks better lol.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
commas aren't voting in the election, stop trying to make yourself looks better lol.

A partial pause is sometimes what one needs to gain the right perspective.

DAMN SEMANTICS!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepidBetter yet, let's take that coin, put it in the public coffers and go head to head on ALL of the issues, for ALL Americans.

What will the people need with the coin? One phone call? Are you planning a police state?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepidBetter yet, let's take that coin, put it in the public coffers and go head to head on ALL of the issues, for ALL Americans.

What will the people need with the coin? One phone call? Are you planning a police state?

That's a reach. This is a BIG part of my platform, taking money that's wasted and putting it where it not only belongs but where it can do some good. No amount is insignificant. It ALL adds up.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Good luck to all of you.

Just one quick question though, where'd you all go to school?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
You bet it will! Your opponents will mount a smear campaign against you, and they will end every accusation with the statement "If that is not true, bodrul, then deny it right now!"

j/k

if anyone says anything

how to put it

"it wasnt me"

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Just one quick question though, where'd you all go to school?

That is one of many questions which illustrate my supreme qualifications.
My daddy got me into yale, where I earned three purple hearts for inventing the internet, and mostly got over my embarassing habbit of falling down for no apparent reason, which was instrumental in my wooing of an ambitious lesbian who intends to run the country for 8 years through me before seeking the office herself.

Really the only presidents in the last few decades with whom I share nothing in common are Bush 41, Reagan, and Carter, but I'm going to take care of that by getting a complete moron to be my VP, accidentally announcing my intent to nuke the Soviet Union because I don't know the microphone is on while I'm joking around, and then beginning to age at a horrifying pace while writing volumuminous moralizing rants that nobody will read but everybody will critique.

Well, I said I will but honestly that's only one of two options I'm considering.

Plan B, which I'm actually learning towards rather heavily at the moment, is to ditch the parallels to other presidents and try a few ideas which seem to be a little fringe, but just might pay off: like considering the possibility that the economy will do just as well, and probably better, with the benefit of a well educated workforce and sustainable energy at stable prices than it ever would with the continuation of inefficient hidden subsidies in the form of over-priced wars providing an endless supply of no bid contracts.

Being skull and bones might be one way to get elected, but I figure I can do without it as long as I've got a grip on how exactly we're going to keep this country from taking the domestic and international nose dive that some are saying we're due for between now and 2050.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Love this promotion... it's another example of why ATS is THE internet destination for community based discussion.

Suggestion: Anyone considering running should really expand their head space beyond their personal ideologies and biases. Build teams. That's the real world.

Perhaps that's what wrong with politics today... everything is a compromise, but it's also how we avoid syphollitic Kings.

I'm just saying... It doesn't have to be official, but consider working back channels, recruit advisors, campaign managers, an ad guru, a policy person, etc.

The best candidates are humble and listen. Plus it involves more of the community. Namely the evil genious Karl Rove's lurking out there.

Muahaha.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
The best candidates are humble and listen.

Lol, then would you mind explaining to me how Bush came to power? This oughtta be good. *makes popcorn, grabs soda.*

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Lol, then would you mind explaining to me how Bush came to power? This oughtta be good. *makes popcorn, grabs soda.*

He's beyond humble. He's a moron. A puppet that thinks everything he's told was his idea. That's why he's so convincing.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
He's beyond humble. He's a moron. A puppet that thinks everything he's told was his idea. That's why he's so convincing.

Then let us hope, for all involved, that the ATS elections prove to be beyond that.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
WOW!!!!

Is this ATS election going to turn into a "President Bush Hate Fest?"

Semper

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
WOW!!!!

Is this ATS election going to turn into a "President Bush Hate Fest?"

No, that's real life. This is the internet.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join