It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Area 51 employee

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I know one thing, his story has gotten so much criticism in this thread (constructive too, I might add) that he should use it to fill the loopholes in his next "epic tale" and quite possibly fool everyone here next go round.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
i'm not saying i believe any of this, i just find it interesting to see what he posts next.. Although it does sound alot like he is reguritating rhetoric discussed on this very forum.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 03:41 AM
link   
This is just funny, Im like a lot of you guys. I a extremely skeptical, but still want to read on just to see what else he comes up with.

LOL, Mr X, Too much simpsons mate! Maybe the government will take him to a secret island that is protected by an orb and try and escape in a toilet paper boat.
(Hopefully people have seen the episode otherwise this post makes me look a complete nutter)

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Even if it's a hoax, at least we must recognise that he's not trying to make money by selling a book and/or a DVD unlike hundreds of people making similar claims.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
Does the military even name planes like sequels?

Yes, they do... aircraft like the P-47 Thunderbolt from WWII became the modern day A-10 Thunderbolt II... there are several examples.

posted on Jan, 16 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This is just some disinformation, this guys a total fake in my opinion

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:43 AM
link   
He says quote:

"Now, before I get into the meat of what I have to say, I feel the need to dispell some popular... (I almost refered to Area 51 by it's confidential name! Can't do that!)"

Oh really! He's providing information which will have him locked up for god knows how long and yet he can't reveal the internal "name" of the base. Please.......

You have to question what the intent of "disclosure" is and then relate it to recent events. Then you'll identify what the government is trying to steer you away from.

This is misinformation pure and simple.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
This is hilarious. So now we've got a former Area 51 employee who's coming out and saying exactly what all of you 'fair' skeptics want to hear and you don't even believe it when someone's confirming everything you all have been saying all along!

That's what makes us reasonable. We're not looking to prove everything wrong, but we are looking to expose junk claims so that people don't waste their time on them and look to better cases.

Frankly, I think this testimony lacks any legitimacy. The post about the Phoenix Lights says it all. He claims that the stars were blocked out by gas. How does gas stay in a triangular shape and at the same elevation as purported to by the witnesses? He hasn't specified anything about that. Furthermore, he is unwilling to say the official name of Area 51. Saying the name is a greater security breach than telling us how they pulled off the Phoenix lights? That smacks against common sense.

There is nothing in his testimony that can be independently corroborated. If he were to tell us his name or something else specific, we could check into him and determine whether he is legitimate. I say to this man, give us something of value, or stop wasting our time and getting our hopes up with something that can't be proven and let us focus our energy with something that can be proven! The ball is in his court to convince me; and I'm open to being convinced.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Togetic

Originally posted by Palasheea
This is hilarious. So now we've got a former Area 51 employee who's coming out and saying exactly what all of you 'fair' skeptics want to hear and you don't even believe it when someone's confirming everything you all have been saying all along!

That's what makes us reasonable. We're not looking to prove everything wrong, but we are looking to expose junk claims so that people don't waste their time on them and look to better cases.

I agree with this assessment. The author in the innermost quote block seems to be insinuating that reason should be put aside for partisan interests, and that is nonsensical to me.

I would rather reason be maintained and partisan interests be discarded. That's my position.

On the other hand, unlike many skeptics on this board, I do not subscribe to the notion that far-fetched claims are meaningless. They simply take on a category of meaning somewhere in between that assigned by want-to-believe folks and the want-to-discard folks.

If anything, I tend to find more fault with the overly discarding philosophy than with the over-believing philosophy, as the latter can be corrected through trial and error. The former case discards the construct prematurely (in my opinion.)

It seems to me that while over-discarding skepticism leaves room for efficient realism, the realist's agenda ends up over-pruning in the end.*

If we had better than heuristic intuitions on which to guess the truth of arbitrary improbables, we could set aside this endless debate. Otherwise, I suggest skeptics more frequently note that their set of discardable claims is simply too broad for some of us who have previously discarded things we later learned we shouldn't have. We find fault with your notion of what should be discarded, and find your attempts to 'protect us' to be paternalistic at worst, but more often simply meaningless assertions of non-existent authority based on the writer's belief in the superiority of their pruning heuristic. Take your pick as to who the 'writer' is , at is applies to both sides of the debate.

A far-fetched claim is simply that. It can neither be confirmed nor denied in the bubble of baseless assertion. I neither discard nor accept it. I label it as story and appreciate what I can.

I don't apply my common sense to uncommon events, just as I would ask for exception proof for exceptional claims, IF i thought the story teller were attempting to prove something.

Now, beyond reason, my gut tells me there may be something wrong with this 'video blog'. But that is just intuition.

That's my opinion about the state of ATS skepticism in the last few months, as it relates to this story and others currently on the boards.

* I might add that the enforcement of over-pruning in combination with a social stigma if one choses not to, makes an excellent mechanism for thought control

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 04:35 PM
link   
who are you hiding from they already know

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
He has come back again

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
It appears that Mr. X was a fake.

From his latest video :

X signing in.

I shall devote this video to addressing those who wish to know the REAL "X's" take on the related topics, as opposed to the views of the alter-ego I created to perpetrate the hoax. I infused much of myself in the character, but there were a few strategic disimilarities designed to make the character more credible, or to buffer federal scrutinity.

later on in the transcript:

As for the subject of Area 51 and UFOs/extraterrestrials - obviously I don't have the extent of knowledge on this subject as I originally purported while posing as the Nellis Air Force Base employee. However, these are subjects that have fascinated me since childhood, and I have spent a great deal of time researching them.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Imagine that

There really isn't much to say about that other than I'm not surprised.

posted on Sep, 5 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Too inconsistant to be telling the truth

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well, I did enjoy reading them.

[edit on 3/16/2008 by Eshyn]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Did no one else read what Mr.X wrote on his youtube channel? look at the top left of his channel where it says how many subcribers and stuff he has. Read that whole box.

This is what it says:

"ATTENTION: All videos made before "FINAL MESSAGE" were part of an experiment I conducted over and 8 month period. I am not, nor have I ever been an employee of the government. All claims about myself and my experiences in these videos are entirely fictitious."

Im really surprised that no one else caught this earlier. Unfortunatly Mr.X's stories were just that... stories.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Well, just IMHO, but anyone who has actually seen a football field sized craft----not flares in a fog, but an actual structured object--- will take this as either disinfo, or confirmation of the fact that they are not ours.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Did no one else read what Mr.X wrote on his youtube channel? look at the top left of his channel where it says how many subcribers and stuff he has. Read that whole box.

This is what it says:

"ATTENTION: All videos made before "FINAL MESSAGE" were part of an experiment I conducted over and 8 month period. I am not, nor have I ever been an employee of the government. All claims about myself and my experiences in these videos are entirely fictitious."

Im really surprised that no one else caught this earlier. Unfortunatly Mr.X's stories were just that... stories.

[edit on 16-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

Im just repeating my post because it seems no one noticed it. Its a very important find as far as this thread goes.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Hmmm... this makes me wonder, I have all the 'Confession of A...'
series on Beta-Max and it's the first time I've heard of this one.

Robin Askwith was prominent in most of them with laughable side-kicks
such as Diana Dor's husband, Kenny Lynch and Tony Smethurst.
Heeh! it makes me smile to remember the japes and the nubiles.

I'll investigate further, there's 'shop' near me that sells such
nostalgia. I particularly like the plastic colored strip-curtain at
the entrance and the quietness of the racks.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by IronMan]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Um, did anyone bother to read the "About This Video" under his profile name?

DISCLAIMER: I am not, nor ever have been, an employee of the federal government. All claims made about myself and my experiences in this video, are entirely fictitious.

youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join