It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden arrested by FBI in Brooklyn?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Akareyon- Leslie stated that she forwarded you the emails she sent/recieved from the FBI, is this true?

Leslie- I found it odd that you simply ignored this very important post-

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
I mentioned earlier that I had sent in a tip to the FBI regarding a myspace account that a few children had been admiring in my internet cafe. The site had about a dozen pics each with a young arab guy posing with several different automatic weapons in different poses, including a shot where he was on a rooftop aiming down into the streets. It was very disturbing to see this pic and I worried these kids would be getting the wrong message with a guy like this running around. These guns are highly unlikely to be legal here in NYC especially this kid being so young. I never heard a thing or was ever asked any questions regarding this report. I don't even know if they took the site down or visited this guy, yet You said they asked for all kinds of Information such as your social security number and the like and this was for a picture of a seahorse and a guess that it was OBL? Dunno Leslie.

please tell us what you think of that?

also- if the FBI really did catch him they would be SUPER-INTERROGATING you trying to find out how you found him, and when you told them this story of tracking him down on myspace, they would never believe you and you would be arrested. if for some reason they didn't do that, and still had cought him, when they saw you were TELLING people about it they would've dissappeared you. also- is osama so stupid that he would name his myspace one of his KNOWN alias'?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3
Akareyon- Leslie stated that she forwarded you the emails she sent/recieved from the FBI, is this true?
Screenshots can easily be faked. Even if one or more e-mails with "I found Osama!" in the subject line ever manifested its meme in the form of lightwaves on a F.B.I. computer screen, there would be no proof that it led to the arrest of OBL.

If your question were the intro of an interview, you'd ask me for my opinion a few sentences later *g*

See, I tend to have strange opinions. It's one of my weaknesses manifold, I admit that. This is my opinion:

Fate, God, the Universe or Mother Nature obviously wanted us to believe what we want to believe. Belief has to do with hope. I don't know what to hope for in the case "Leslie Powers". That it's true and truth remains victourious again, or that it is false and ignorance is denied once more. I never managed to think in absolutes and infinities, so I have to hope that truth remains victourious again and ignorance is denied once more.

Beliefs can be manipulated. In fact, that's what we're doing everyday. Exchange memes. I understand that memes are ideas, ideologies, motives. If memes meet and fit: good. If memes collide and don't fit: struggle. The network with the biggest accumulation of fitting memes is what we call our truth - individually and collectively. In my case, some memes are struggling to web connect the most contradictory meme cultures in order to create a fair, warm, golden, glowing orb of love instead of the messy, fractal patchwork of useless half-knowledge that is overheating in my head. I promise to tell you when I accomplish that feat.

See, One of my closest friends claims he has seen a UFO when he lived in Brooklyn as a kid. So does my cousin. Do I believe in UFOs? Or the NWO? That's the wrong question. The question is: where do we find the memes that ultimately link speculations to either the "confirmed" or "BS" informations network? What is the idea, ideology and motive of this whole story?

I'm sure time will tell... it always does.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:02 PM
link   
im not going to uncover anything but my cosin called me the day they arrested him its true but i dont know if he is alive or dead but i do know is that he was sent to a top secret base in texas thats all i know ill keep you in on it

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leslie Powers
First of all, I think he may have been here for years. Second, anyone with a fake passport and a disguise can get into the U.S.

Now I know we have seen videos of OBL in meetings with Mohammed Atta at some tribal gathering in Afghanistan so it can't be that hes been here for years. If Im not mistaken the vids were taken not too long before 9/11 and our government was aware of him before that. I doubt he could have gotten here along wih his whole family and his Dialisys machine.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leslie Powers
The agent that confirmed UBL's capture wasn't supposed to. He even told me I should turn him in, that it would make me feel better. For the most part, you are right, they did not comment on details. However, I don't think celebrating or treating me like a hero is against the rules. --Leslie

Leslie, assuming you aren't lying, if an agent REALLY broke protocol just to let you know your vague tip panned out so well they actually captured Bin Laden and you should turn him in for it then I'd more likely believe he was yanking your chain. That would be a ridiculous blunder, and one that would cost a man his livelihood. Would he gamble on his possible family's financial well-being to tell YOU something like that?

You may have had good intentions (if you are being honest about this story then it's obvious you do) but you might want to consider that you are being a bit gullible in this situation. I mean the whole "rainbow" event on your website for example was a red flag for me. You took that to be a special message to you from GOD in acknowledgment of your excellent work.

Yet how many people could have seen that rainbow? Why did you somehow decide it was there for you alone?

Leslie...even Bin Laden sees rainbows.

If he claimed it was a message from Allah regarding his heavenly deeds with 9-11 I'd think he was being a bit of a nutty fanatic.

Just like I don't believe that there was a "Cross" formed by the wreckage of the twin towers that people took to symbolize Christ. I mean I am POSITIVE that not everyone that worked at the Trade Center was a Christian. Why would only a cross appear? Non-Christians that died that day don't count?

You should always question yourself when it comes to vague hunches and heavenly signs from GOD.
Be careful not to create something you want to see as opposed to what may actually there.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklight12
im not going to uncover anything but my cosin called me the day they arrested him its true but i dont know if he is alive or dead but i do know is that he was sent to a top secret base in texas thats all i know ill keep you in on it

Does your cousin work for the FBI? How would he know about it? Are you saying that you are verifying my story? --Leslie

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Now I know we have seen videos of OBL in meetings with Mohammed Atta at some tribal gathering in Afghanistan so it can't be that hes been here for years. If Im not mistaken the vids were taken not too long before 9/11 and our government was aware of him before that. I doubt he could have gotten here along wih his whole family and his Dialisys machine.

hmmm...maybe he left for Afghanastan at times. Maybe he came and went as he pleased. That's another theory. I think perhaps he had a good system for coming in and out of the country.

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Leslie, assuming you aren't lying, if an agent REALLY broke protocol just to let you know your vague tip panned out so well they actually captured Bin Laden and you should turn him in for it then I'd more likely believe he was yanking your chain. That would be a ridiculous blunder, and one that would cost a man his livelihood. Would he gamble on his possible family's financial well-being to tell YOU something like that?

I've already taken this on in a previous response. Read through the thread and check my blog titled, "Was the FBI joking?"

Yet how many people could have seen that rainbow? Why did you somehow decide it was there for you alone?

I never said the rainbow was for me alone. I think rainbows are for everyone to enjoy. It was just the timing that made me think it was from God and the fact that it was so perfect. I'd never seen one stretch all the way across like that. --Leslie

.You should always question yourself when it comes to vague hunches and heavenly signs from GOD.
Be careful not to create something you want to see as opposed to what may actually there.

Trust me, I have questioned it more than you would know. I rarely ever pray and I don't go to Church. I am not a religious nut. I am normally a sceptic. I just went through this time in my life where it all seemed to work together for the greater good. I don't know why it worked out the way it did, just that it did and a really evil man was captured as a result.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Akayreon,

I think he wanted to know if the emails looked legit to you. Mabe you can clarify this for him. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lizziex3
also- if the FBI really did catch him they would be SUPER-INTERROGATING you trying to find out how you found him, and when you told them this story of tracking him down on myspace, they would never believe you and you would be arrested. if for some reason they didn't do that, and still had cought him, when they saw you were TELLING people about it they would've dissappeared you. also- is osama so stupid that he would name his myspace one of his KNOWN alias'?

How do you know what the FBI would do? Have you ever personally dealt with them?

Mod Edit: BB Code.

[edit on 7/1/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well there's no point in arguing with you on this one.
You do seem to believe that you helped catch OBL (or you're taking a gag waaay too far), either way it doesn't matter much. The acts of war and terror continue unabated.

I won't sit here and debated something neither of us can concretely prove.
If he was caught by your tip then kudos to you.

I'll wait for them to plant his body in a Turkish spider-hole and announce his death to the world.

[edit on 7-1-2007 by lee anoma]

[edit on 7-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

I'll wait for them to plant his body in a Turkish spider-hole and announce his death to the world.

Yeah, really :O) I'm surprised they haven't done that.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
p.s. In terms of evil men and lives lost...Bush's trumped-up, erroneous and admittedly blundered Iraq war cost hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi lives. Much more than the poor souls on 9/11.

Can you take him on next?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Can you take him on next?

Well, if the truth about UBL gets out maybe the Bush Administration will take a fall. We can only hope. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Leslie

Out of curiosity, say Bin Laden makes another video talking about current world events and he is clearly somewhere else, are you then going to admit your theory was never true?

Or will you just dissapear and never post again>?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman

...or stick to your story, saying that Osama must have had ways in and out of the country?

I think he wanted to know if the emails looked legit to you. Mabe you can clarify this for him.

I think the emails look as if somebody was in a parallel, regular conversation with a trusted recipient by means of another channel and are just a vessel for info that is best conveyed black on white, concisely - this info could be lists of adresses and phone numbers, for example; you wouldn't want to make an FBI agent grab a pen and write this stuff down, so you say "give me your email addy and check your inbox in five minutes, I'll send you what I've found". They DON'T look like a big heap of hunches, evidences and theories compiled to convince the recipient of something he doesn't believe yet. That's what I think.

But that could be part of her trick, right? :-)

What is Byrd's take on them?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by talisman
Leslie

Out of curiosity, say Bin Laden makes another video talking about current world events and he is clearly somewhere else, are you then going to admit your theory was never true?

It depends on if its one of those fake ben laden tapes that have been supposedly released in the past

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   

They DON'T look like a big heap of hunches, evidences and theories compiled to convince the recipient of something he doesn't believe yet. That's what I think.

Right, I never disclosed my methods to them. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Leslie you are so done here. Your whole 'evidence' has been shot through now and you have zero credibility. You've come across as rather loony and have done CT's in general and the truth movement a great disservice.

I for one am very glad you've given up your sleuthing. As is the FBI no doubt.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join