It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden arrested by FBI in Brooklyn?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Its reallly unbelievable that a story like this has already gone to 12 pages

Anybody with just a tad bit of sense will realise that this stroy is so full of holes and nothing other than utter rubish

What makes this thing even worse is the fact that the admin has also gone to the troubles of putting up a link at the top of the page for this garbage

Ats getting worse by the day but hey anything will be done to get even more members, its all about quantity over quality

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:07 AM
link   
See my SAVE US ALL TIME thread

1 line, 1 message, DWI, Thanks

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:09 AM
link   
It was targeted at the UFO topic but i think it fits

1 line again, again DWI, thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Hello all , im very dissapointed in the way everyone here is down playing this post.After all this is a board that does discuss this very sort of information. The info provided is very plausible --NYC is in my opinion is the best place for OBL to lye in wait for the next attack--and a perfect place to hide.

Maybe OBL was here when the attacks took place--say as to oversee the plan of attack, by the way most leaders of an attack are sitting on the sidelines very close to the actual battle.

Who know's --the pictures that we have seen of OBL walking down a mountain with boulders all around him could have been taken here in the tri-state area.

keep up the good work ---leslie

ts

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by airtrax007
Hello all , im very dissapointed in the way everyone here is down playing this post.After all this is a board that does discuss this very sort of information. The info provided is very plausible --NYC is in my opinion is the best place for OBL to lye in wait for the next attack--and a perfect place to hide.

Maybe OBL was here when the attacks took place--say as to oversee the plan of attack, by the way most leaders of an attack are sitting on the sidelines very close to the actual battle.

Who know's --the pictures that we have seen of OBL walking down a mountain with boulders all around him could have been taken here in the tri-state area.

keep up the good work ---leslie

ts

It's a shame... there's no way for me to tell if you typed that post with a straight face. I know I personally couldn't read it with one.

Yeah, he MIGHT be in New York City. He might also be on the moon.

GREAT thread...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Man, why would he hide in america that has squillion people instead of Australia (Yes thats right, you get ur capital A back when George pulls yon thum out of yon arse)where there is only 20 million in a larger area. We have wicked caves and lots of underground bunkers (See australian underground, 2 Google street, Googleville, Australia)(Thats .au to all the backward heathens in the states.) Man, you can go 6 months in the out back without seeing another soul, and thats when ur trying to

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Some argued that Osama would stick out in the crowd, with his face known throughout the world. Sure he would. Look at his nose, his eyes, and he's quite tall too...

Would he?

I just wanted to start Photoshop and play around with his face, so I used Google Pic search and found this, sparing me some time and work:

www.kotiposti.net... (if broken: www.culturekitchen.com... )

...would you buy a used car...?

Please don't get me wrong. I'm trying to be as realistic as possible on this. What are our options?

1.) Leslie is telling the truth. She's like the guy who finds a flying saucer landing in his backyard, chatting with the aliens but having no "hard evidence" except for the scan a smudgy polaroid with the autograph of the vessel's captain. People who say it's fake and photoshopped (because ufos don't just land in your backyard because of Einstein , relativity, speed of light and stuff) are labelled sceptic, people who say it's true (because the truth is and always was out there) are labelled gullible. So, whatever he says will be henceforth be used against him.

2.) Leslie is pulling a deliberate hoax. What would be her motives? Fame? Disinfo? Split the truth movements, wreak havoc upon the anti Bush movement? That would explain why she's still alive: she's a CIA agent! But let's get serious. Why should Leslie lie?

3.) Leslie herself is the victim of a FBI prank. Sure, those agents have too much spare time on their hands...

4.) She's just plain nuts. Maybe her e-mails are genuine, but the FBI never took them seriously, so she stalked on the agents. Her tips weren't worth a thing, but she was sooo convinced of her own genius that she made that "gifted researcher" and "office party" part up to add some credibility to the story.

5.) Leslie is telling the truth, but her assumtions are wrong. Something completely different happened once she got the word out to the FBI: a) they arrested someone who was NOT OBL, but someone else. Major mistake! Cover-up. b) Another rock got rolling through this. Whatever it might have been, it had to be covered up. Something like... have you ever seen "Lord Of War"? Do so, now. Imagine the terror prince sitting in his cell, congratulating that happy agent on the investigations and telling him that within 5 minutes some G-man will knock on the door, get him out and bring him to another safe place - and then exactly THAT happens. Knock, knock... oh, I know, I am very creative, this is just too far-fetched. But have you read the Dubya Report?

6.) Leslie is going to publish her first music album, book, film or low-fat skin lotion within the next six months and is using the dynamics of internet rumors and urban legends to promote her name and product. Then she's doing so in a very clever way, mixing a little research, a few sources here and there, some personal drama plus subliminal public fears, and voilà! here comes the Leslie-O-Matic. Buy it! Now!

7.) through X.) Insert yours.

Although my very first reaction was "bunk" and "totally BS", you will notice that I start to believe her story and I also find option 5 sensible. See, I understand your reactions. But as always, I try to think outside the box. The implications of what Leslie is trying to tell are just too serious to be wiped off the table so easily: that the myth of the "war on terror" must be held up artificially.

[cont]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I'm denying ignorance. It's strange that Leslie contacted the FBI on a regular basis, yet never got any agent's name. I'd even dare to say that 4 might be an option as well. Who knows. As long as none of these options can be verified and proven beyond doubt, we have to rely on facts we know and on our instinct. There are a few things that made me a believer: firstly, the emails opened no new holes or questions. Au contraire: it's all laid out plain and simple in the blogs, and the emails only supported the claims she could make. Secondly, she's still standing strong in this discussion, sticking to her story without making any additional claims to the original version compiled in her myspace blog.

With the (wo)manpower assembled here on ATS, I thought there must be ways to bring these accounts to public attention, contact the FBI or the media to find out the whole truth and verify the story of one single person. Please don't disappoint me by saying "it's just too incredible, so it can't be true" :-)

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'm convinced this is a case of 'Compulsion' on the part of Leslie. It comes through in the posts in this thread just as much as the blog. Patterns of behaviour are repeated over n over (to the FBI to the point of calling them 'just to annoy them' Leslie's words - That's not sensible behaviour and it is indicitative of a form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder - which I happen to know something about due to a close family member suffering from a different form of OCD). It may well be a mild form, it may not even be recognisable as such in the sufferer (as denial is integral to the condition). However the patterns are clearly there to be seen. Repeatedly calling, many so called 'cases' and 'tips' to many different offices and agents.

Leslie has not acted in her own best interests in her dealings with the Feds and flagged herself up to them as a persistent pest and liable to take up any time and attention given to her.

The 'facts' of the case are non existent and seem to consist of a series of hunches and wild leaps of faith making connections where there are none.

I agree with a previous poster, we're here to deny ignorance and yes consider CTs but with some basis of factual evidence. There is none here and there is a lot of ignorance of how Intel works and of the subject matter in the case of OBL and muslims.

With the door now fairly closed it seems as far as the Feds are concerned it has spilled out to the blog and here and will then seek further manifestations of itself in other ways.

What is really needed for Leslie is some Cognitive Behaviour Therapy.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Pros:

(1) I want to believe! (Sorry XFiles)
(2) See #1

Cons:

(1) 'Informer' comes forward as an amateur sleuth who has tipped the FBI on numerous occasions (MyDoom) indicating a personality of traits that surely include accuracy, organization and attention to detail, BUT:

(1a) Has a history of failing to record times, dates, agent ID's, badge #'s, phone #'s.

(1b) Has zero (0) proof of any contact, whatsoever. A phone bill (with sensitive information redacted) would suffice, no?

(2) The informant contacts the Federal Bureau of Investigation with information on a US National Security Threat but fails to find herself the recipient of some serious questioning sessions (at no charge)? She has had none? Zero?

(3) Bill Ryan?

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by NextLevel
(1a) Has a history of failing to record
I'd do that only if I expect the FBI to turn against me, really.

times, dates,
...could be made up, so what would be the point? BTW, dates HAVE been given.

.... phone #'s
Look - www.fbi.gov... - no proof or counterproof again.

agent ID's, badge #'s,
Very true!

(1b) Has zero (0) proof of any contact, whatsoever. A phone bill (with sensitive information redacted) would suffice, no?
Yeah, let's wait for that, she said she'd look them up.

(2) The informant contacts the Federal Bureau of Investigation with information on a US National Security Threat but fails to find herself the recipient of some serious questioning sessions (at no charge)? She has had none? Zero?
"Mr. Officer, I saw that guy who just robbed the bank running down that road..." - "Thanks for your information, sir. Would you please fill out this form to confirm that you haven't been accused of theft in the past 15 years before we can proceed and hunt that man down? Thank you!"

(3) Bill Ryan?
Could you please elaborate on this? It may be due to amero-european cultural differences, but I simply didn't get it...

Don't get me wrong, I respect the instinct and feelings of those of you who doubt the story. But I also feel the "cons" are sometimes weaker than the story itself. I mean, it would be VERY weak from me to jump to a conclusion like "Dear kickoutthejams, I have reasons to doubt that you have the professional psycho/medical background that allows you analyze patients and to diagnose Cognitive Behaviour Disorders via the web and suggest appropriate treatment." I simply don't know, maybe kickoutthejams has, so I prefer to shut up this time

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:48 PM
link   

He would not use myspace because if he emailed anyone saying "hey kid want to blow up a bus so you can have 20 virgins" someone would report him to the authorities. Anyway he leaves the recruiting to his thugs.

Somehow I think he would be more subtle than that.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaguarmike
I'm thinking this is BS. If the author of this myspace page had half a brain, and it appears the author does (half... no more), she would have gone to the newspapers immediately- and emailed and created so much controversy it would have aired by now in some outlet beyond myspace.

I tried the media first. None of them would take the story. I mentioned this in my blog. --Leslie

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Chissler,

Thanks
)

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
[quoteThey (THE FBI) would never even have hinted of an arrest like that if this is true, they keep these things very secret, they are not going to tell a 'tipster' of an arrest, no-one would.

Yes, but they are human. They were very happy and excited. Also, if they reguarded me as a hero they might give me hints. I promise you he told me there would "definately" be an announcement, which mean he thought there was going to be one. Yes, I agree that this was a break in protocol.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Nite, Thanks for the kind words and I lOVE the Avitar modifications
) --Leslie

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
Leslie you said you discovered the maker of the My Doom virus??
Where was that guy located? Wasn't it in the Phillipines?

Ukraine, if my theory is correct.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Okay, let me get this straight...

OBL/UBL (whatever he's called these days) is internet savvy. From his remote afghan locale(s) he was able to learn about myspace and get a user account...He likes to use it to recruit young people and use the "secure" message system. . .

Um...okay?

First of all, he was in Brooklyn where I'm pretty sure you can get internet access! Second, if he hid his emails by ordinary means they would be easier to find. Sometimes it is best to hide in plain site, where no one is looking.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Dear Akareyon. I live with it day in day out caring for a sufferer so I do have an inside track and yes it's pretty obvious to me. I do happen to know a fair amount about that particular subject.

ppl who think this is for real or even could be real, well I guess you are what makes ATS such a diverse place but I'm 100% sure no way it was OBL living in Brooklyn and no way he could have been found using the 'methods' stated by Leslie. It's sheer bunkum. Worse: It's dangerous bunkum. Agents having to deal with this nonsense are not doing more important work. It's like someone going to ER for a broken fingernail. If Leslie really wants to be patriotic she shuld sign up for the Feds, otherwise leave it alone.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
Leslie, with the U.S. presents gone in the region of Afganistan who would tend and protect the poppie fields. With OBL gone what reason would we have for staying in the region. Would it not be better to keep the OBL myth of him being alive to stay in control of the region and dismiss you as being crazy? Surely we wouldn't be over there for drugs turning it into cash to promote covert operations across the world.

This is a great point! Poppies will make them sleeeeeeep!

Here is a suggestion write a best seller book of fiction change the characters names and call it Tending the Poppie Fields. Then turn it into a thriller movie of your experiences with this case and by the way you deserve every penny. This will make you more money then any reward. Rik Riley

Well, I could market it as an autobiography. People make much stranger claims all the time in their life stories. I actually have considered the book/movie idea since I dont think I'll be collecting the 25 mil any time soon.
)

[edit on 3-1-2007 by rikriley]

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join