It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden arrested by FBI in Brooklyn?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Usama Bin Laden may already be dead, if "Leslie Powers" (alias) from myspace.com is right:

I was able to do what the government couldn't do for the past 5 plus years. I found the location of Osama Bin Laden and some of his followers.
She claims that, after long research, she found UBLs myspace profile, traced its owner and finally gave tips to the FBI, leading to the arrest of the "terror prince":

On the late morning of August 16th, 2006 I called the FBI in New York and asked to speak with the terrorist task force. They put me through. This was several days after I had given them the name and address of Osama. They were whooping and hollering and seemed to be celebrating something. I have never heard a group of FBI agents being so noisy and excited before. They are normally a very calm, quiet, professional group. Any of you who have ever dealt with the FBI before will know this to be true. I heard one of them holler from the background, "Is that the Green Lady?" The agent I was speaking to said, "Yeah." He then asked me if I had the lotto picks. It was obvious that they thought that I could walk on water or something. I thought, "They must have arrested Osama." This seemed like the only possible thing that could make them this excited. It was really cool listening to them celebrate, especially since the 911 attacks were in New York and these were New Yorkers who made the arrest. Every agent I spoke with that day and part of the next day was treating me like a hero. They kept thanking me profusely for my tips. Some of them sounded like they wanted to cry. Later that evening I called back and asked the agent on staff if I could be optimistic that there would be an announcement. He said, "Definitely." He also said that once their report was received by Washington, the announcement would be made that night or early the next morning. I bought champagne and chilled it. I stayed up all night watching CNN. The ice melted and the champagne became warm. The announcement never came.

The story Leslie tells in her blog sounds sensible, however: sure, "truth is stranger than fiction", but I remain sceptic as always. Why did she not come forward earlier, why didn't she contact some independent networks, or Alex Jones? Because she's alone?

Bunk or not?

Read Leslies MySpace blog for more information:SOURCE

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Leslie Powers,

Do you have a link to the supposed UBL myspace profile?
Do you have a theory as to why UBL would have a myspace profile?
What gave you the idea to look for UBL on myspace?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hello Leslie,

thanks for joining in :-)

²etshrtslr:

At least one of your questions are answered in Leslie's blog.

UBL's myspace would be

www.myspace.com...

It's not very interesting, but see for yourself. The symbolism is: he has (or had?) no friends :-)

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
What made you so sure it was UBLs myspace profile? Can you elaborate on this?

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Ya I am thinking this smells shady.

From research I believe Bin Laden can be dead, I am about 90% sure of that.
Most people with kidney problems dont live forever ya knoiw...

This is shady more disinfo I believe, like Fetzer and the Space Beams.

posted on Dec, 28 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I was planning on watching this pan out with more info coming in but it seems to me its just way too o.t.t., why would UBL have a myspace profile ? I am really having trouble trying to sensibly picture the guy sitting at a computer surfing the net looking for friends.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by marcopolo]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr
Leslie Powers,

Do you have a link to the supposed UBL myspace profile?
Do you have a theory as to why UBL would have a myspace profile?
What gave you the idea to look for UBL on myspace?

www.myspace.com\94520483 You can also do a search for the name, "The Director" and look for the seahorse. I think he was using Myspace to recruit young muslums to his cause. I also think he took advantage of the secure, anonymous email system to communicate with other members of Al Qaida. I thought to check on Myspace because I had heard that Al Qaida was using the internet to recruit and communicate. Since everyone seems to have a Myspace account these days, I thought, why not Osama?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
What made you so sure it was UBLs myspace profile? Can you elaborate on this?

One of his alias's was The Director. Also, I have seen many suspicious Mysace accounts that I believe to be members of Al Qaida. The follow a pattern. I used this same pattern to find the first terrorist I turned in that I think may have helped thwart the Brittish Airway attacks. They use a symbol of some (usually a pop symbol like a car or something)sort and not a picture and the profile is opened. When I saw the Seahorese, I just had a strong feeling it was him. The fact that he had no friends despite being active on the account seemed to make sense since he wouldn't want anyone connected with him. It was a strong hunch based on circumstancial evidence. It was very fortunate that I found it, because the Seahorse turned out to be a very good clue.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThichHeaded
Ya I am thinking this smells shady.

From research I believe Bin Laden can be dead, I am about 90% sure of that.
Most people with kidney problems dont live forever ya knoiw...

This is shady more disinfo I believe, like Fetzer and the Space Beams.

I beleive Bin Laden is dead too. I believe he died in custody, probably because they weren't treaty his kidney problems.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by marcopolo
I was planning on watching this pan out with more info coming in but it seems to me its just way too o.t.t., why would UBL have a myspace profile ? I am really having trouble trying to sensibly picture the guy sitting at a computer surfing the net looking for friends.

[edit on 28-12-2006 by marcopolo]

I think he used Myspace to reach out to young Muslums. He was a smart guy and very manipulative.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   

because the Seahorse turned out to be a very good clue.

What releveance does the seahorse have regarding Osama?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
First of all, Osama (according to INTERPOL) was born on March 10, 1957, making him 49, not 41 as this myspace profile says. He is also not a Leo, as his myspace profile says, he is a Pisces. Further, why would he care to let us know he does not want kids, if indeed he is looking for "young recruits"? Seems that would help get the picture across in some sick/sordid way. Even stranger, he doesn't want children, but isn't he supposed to have like 20 kids or something?

I still don't get how you can infer all of this, without even being able to see any friends of his. This profile hasn't even been active since July.

It takes more than a seahorse, and the word "the" to get me believing. The seahorse, I really really don't understand the significance of the seahorse...

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   

First of all, Osama (according to INTERPOL) was born on March 10, 1957, making him 49, not 41 as this myspace profile says. He is also not a Leo, as his myspace profile says, he is a Pisces.

Im not saying I think the story of OBL being caught is true....but if you were the most wanted man in the world would you be honest about your age and astrological sign on a myspace account?

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by etshrtslr

First of all, Osama (according to INTERPOL) was born on March 10, 1957, making him 49, not 41 as this myspace profile says. He is also not a Leo, as his myspace profile says, he is a Pisces.

Im not saying I think the story of OBL being caught is true....but if you were the most wanted man in the world would you be honest about your age and astrological sign on a myspace account?

Good point but I still think its a stretch to assume it is OBL because of the seahorse factor and Because he has titled himself as "THE".

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Yep, I'm calling BS.

There doesn't seem to be any evidence linking this profile to Bin Laden. I was going to give the benefit of the doubt, but the evidence presented by Leslie herself doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

And now, I'm even more afraid if there are more people like Leslie out there. Is there something in my profile that looks "fishy"? Should I be worried that a "good citizen" will call the feds and have me checked out because of a stupid comment that I made somewhere?

As a matter of fact, I have an old myspace profile that I made when I was new to it that is linked to an old email address. And, come to think of it, it is about as empty as the alleged UBL page. Who knows, maybe I'm Osama Bin Laden.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akareyon
Bunk or not?

Bunk. Nite nailed it all. Someone was pulling a scam on myspace. My space has it's perv problems and now it looks like it's got it's scammers as well. Leslie got scammed.

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Who knows, maybe I'm Osama Bin Laden.

Hmmmmm .... that DOES answer some questions I have been having about you.

[edit on 12/29/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:53 AM
link   
you guys missed the news? Scooby and the gang caught Osama down at the old abandoned amusement park... seems he was scaring away tourists to look for Old Man Jenkins' gold.

(you can't catch a terrorist on myspace; they have better things to do.)

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Good point but I still think its a stretch to assume it is OBL because of the seahorse factor and Because he has titled himself as "THE".

I agree and think its even more of a stretch to think he was in Brooklyn, NY when he was supposedly caught.

Assume for the sake of argument that OBL was caught in NY....well that brings up a whole host of issues not the least of which is the govt could never admit he was captured at the seen of the crime 5 years later. I mean how incompetent would that make an already incompetent govt look.

[edit on 29-12-2006 by etshrtslr]

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
(you can't catch a terrorist on myspace; they have better things to do.)

Are you kidding? Here's a conversation I had on AIM with Bin Laden last week:

Rasobasi420: Dude, she was totally checking you out

BinLaidIn: No way, she was a wicked hag

Rasobasi420: Whatever bro, she was kinda Milf-ish

BinLaidIn: OMG not at all. She looked like a skanky ho

Rasobasi420: Dude, go for it, what have you got to lose?

BinLaidIn: My Junk when I get an STD from her lol
BinLaidIn: Are you going to the meeting next week?

Rasobasi420: Nah, I'm so over that whole terrorist thing, now I'm super into Heroes on NBC. Have you been watching it?

BinLaidIn: Totally, I wish I had super powers like them

Rasobasi420: My favorite is Peter, he's cool

And it went on like that for a few hours.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join