It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama Bin Laden arrested by FBI in Brooklyn?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLightBringer
I don't think Leslie is the average Jane but I beleive she may be your average John. Her dry posts and lack of evidence remind me of Lear. If u are not. I'm sorry. Get over it. Thanks

Try butch lesbian

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leslie Powers
Try butch lesbian

with barbecue sauce. tasty stuff

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fett Pinkus
Its reallly unbelievable that a story like this has already gone to 12 pages

Anybody with just a tad bit of sense will realise that this stroy is so full of holes and nothing other than utter rubish

I agree. This is as bad as going around and accusing anyone with a Moslem name as being Osama. And "Al Qaida using Myspace"????? That's just silly. They have used ARABIC chat rooms on servers that are not friendly to the US (where they government can't hop in and grab information on who's connecting.) They use cell phones. They use a 'communist cell' type of organization where it's hard to find the top of any group.

And most of them don't live in places with reliable internet or electrical service. Cell phone coverage, yes. Internet, no.

So we're supposed to believe that everyone who knew anything about technology and the Internet in this group suddenly forgot about it and all the terrorists moved to major cities with 100% internet uptime and all have accounts and can't wait to get on Myspace and post in the English language.

That's absurd.

Also absurd is the "the director" connection. Bin Laden's nickname ("the Director") is NOT in English! He hates America and grew up as a rich sheikh's son who became very wealthy before his family sort of disowned him for being a fudamentalist nutcase.

And we're expected to believe that he gave up his careful plans, his hideouts with tribal warlords who respect and love him and instead he moves to the US and... what? Makes his living as a cabbie? Lives off welfare? Directs Al Qaida from his headquarters in a cardboard box in the slums rather than living as the respected guest of several warlords?

I'm sure the FBI/police department/news organizations looked at the information (which doesn't match info given by people who know Osama (including some who turned traitor)) and just laughed. I don't doubt that it's kept on file, though.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by airtrax007
After all this is a board that does discuss this very sort of information. The info provided is very plausible --NYC is in my opinion is the best place for OBL to lye in wait for the next attack--and a perfect place to hide.

Wow! You made some really good points! --Leslie

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   
is this a joke???? a seahorse, WTF

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Akareyon,

Wow! That was quite a response. The reason I think it was UBL and not anyone else is that I directly asked an agent about it. I said, "I know you guys arrested Osama" (or something like that) and he said, "Prove it." Then I mentioned about the celebration and the announcement. He admitted that I was right and told him I should "turn him in" that it would "make me feel better". Why would he say, "prove it" unless there was something to prove? --Leslie

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Gotta hand it to ole Binny. A great place to hide

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Are you implying that Bin Laden himself actually runs his MySpace? Haha i'm just trying to imagine him sitting there on his computer giving people flirty picture comments, filling out friends quizzes, etc
I'm not saying it's impossible, just a funny thing to picture. I wonder if he plays World of Warcraft as well. Or maybe Counter-strike!? Or flight simulator!

But yeah I don't know why he'd want to live in New York of all places. It would be like Hitler saying "I know, i'm going to go and hide in London because that's the last place the Brits will find me!" and Himmler et al look at each other and raise their eyebrows...

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Leslie has not acted in her own best interests in her dealings with the Feds and flagged herself up to them as a persistent pest and liable to take up any time and attention given to her.

The 'facts' of the case are non existent and seem to consist of a series of hunches and wild leaps of faith making connections where there are none.

Hmm...even if I had OCD and these were merely "leaps of faith" as you have suggested, would that make them wrong? Perhaps it took someone with OCD to find Osama. Perhaps someone needed to think outside the box. The fictional detective, Monk, comes to mind. I do admit that I had to obsess on all of this a bit to get to the truth. Have you read my blog titled, "The Unexplained?" I do not know why my hunches were right, just that they were.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Let's try to get back on topic, cut the one liners and adhere to the T & C's... Lest my poo stained fingers sully the colorful glory of my skittles.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   

[
(2) The informant contacts the Federal Bureau of Investigation with information on a US National Security Threat but fails to find herself the recipient of some serious questioning sessions (at no charge)? She has had none? Zero?

Well, they did ask for my social security number so they could run a background check. For all I know they could have tapped my phones too, although I doubt it.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indellkoffer
I agree. This is as bad as going around and accusing anyone with a Moslem name as being Osama. And "Al Qaida using Myspace"????? That's just silly. They have used ARABIC chat rooms on servers that are not friendly to the US (where they government can't hop in and grab information on who's connecting.)
As a sidenote... I thought this was a CT site. Echelon? NSA? I'm not a hacker, but everyone who knows a few things about bits and bytes will tell you that no computer system in the world is safe. The Pentagon has been hacked. NORAD has been hacked. I'm sure you can hack a server that isn't even hooked up to a reliable computer infrastructure.

They use cell phones. They use a 'communist cell' type of organization where it's hard to find the top of any group.

And most of them don't live in places with reliable internet or electrical service. Cell phone coverage, yes. Internet, no.

So we're supposed to believe that everyone who knew anything about technology and the Internet in this group suddenly forgot about it and all the terrorists moved to major cities with 100% internet uptime and all have accounts and can't wait to get on Myspace and post in the English language.

That's absurd.

Also absurd is the "the director" connection. Bin Laden's nickname ("the Director") is NOT in English! He hates America and grew up as a rich sheikh's son who became very wealthy before his family sort of disowned him for being a fudamentalist nutcase.

And we're expected to believe that he gave up his careful plans, his hideouts with tribal warlords who respect and love him and instead he moves to the US and... what? Makes his living as a cabbie? Lives off welfare? Directs Al Qaida from his headquarters in a cardboard box in the slums rather than living as the respected guest of several warlords?

Very, very good points, really. But please let me play the devil's advocate.

1.) I bet you can use the arabic charset in myspace messages.

2.a) If you were so smart to plan and lead an attack on the heart of the planet's mightiest empire, would you hide where everybody would be looking for you (i.e. in your nest), or close to its bosom where nobody expects you (but, as a side note, your family has been welcome for generations)?

2.b) Same goes for your channels of communication. If you know your enemy is looking for you on "your" servers, wouldn't you use his most overpopulated system (and MySpace IS just that!) to hide your communication? I can only make wild guesses, but I bet that every day there are more private messages on MySpace than emails in the whole arabic-speaking world.

3.) Would OBL need to live off welfare or work as a taxi driver? AFAIK, he had a few bucks stored away and is still involved in a few businesses around the world. That's one of the reasons why the reward is so high, I thought...

4.) Do the tribal warlords really love him so much that they would provide him with refuge and shelter, risking their own existance once the enemy empire found him hiding in their very tents?

5.) You'll notice that Leslie suspected UBL of using MySpace to recruit/direct followers in the US, not of chatting with his friends abroad... in the desert... where there isn't even reliable electrical service.

Is it too much of a stretch? Unbelievable? Yes. Impossible? Hell, no, I don't think so.

(which doesn't match info given by people who know Osama (including some who turned traitor))

I know I'm risking my good reputation right now just by supporting Leslie, but I'm still desperately denying ignorance: could you please elaborate on this? Which info do you mean?

[edit on 4-1-2007 by Akareyon]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis
Are you implying that Bin Laden himself actually runs his MySpace? Haha i'm just trying to imagine him sitting there on his computer giving people flirty picture comments, filling out friends quizzes, etc
I'm not saying it's impossible, just a funny thing to picture. I wonder if he plays World of Warcraft as well. Or maybe Counter-strike!? Or flight simulator!

That just made me laugh so hard imagining bin laden playing World of Warcraft sitting at his computer and calling people noobs and "you American scum prepare to die at the hands of my level 40 warlock."

[edit on 4-1-2007 by spinstopshere]

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
First of all I think that OBL did not had anything to do with 9/11, everything was planned in the white house and OBL was blamed for everything. OBL is some where in the world right now living happily and protected by the CIA, he is probably in Cancun right now. I think Bush is the worst terrorist the world has ever known.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I just wanted to start Photoshop and play around with his face, so I used Google Pic search and found this, sparing me some time and work:

I knew it.

Osama is Obama

[edit on 4-1-2007 by jimstradamus]

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Agents having to deal with this nonsense are not doing more important work. It's like someone going to ER for a broken fingernail. If Leslie really wants to be patriotic she shuld sign up for the Feds, otherwise leave it alone.

It's funny, they always welcomed my tips and thanked me for them. They even came to my house to get my ideas on mydoom. It sounds to me like they thought my ideas were credible. As far as OCD, I am sorry that you have to live with this disease which your loved one has. I am familiar with OCD too because I have stated before, my sister has it. However, she is only irrational about certain things, like lead poisoning and eating beef (mad cow disease), I'm pretty sure finding Osama would not fall under the irrational fear category. I do obsess sometimes. I admit it. However, I think this is why I was able to find Osama. Sometimes I obsess on a topic until I find a solution. I use it to my advantage. I think that many great things have been accomplished by "obsessed" people. Have you read about how Edison discovered the light bulb? It was a tireless day and night effort. How about Howard Hughs? He was clearly OCD and such a great business man that he became the richest man in the world. Just because your loved one never did anything great as a result of her/his obsession doesn't mean that others do not.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   

I agree. This is as bad as going around and accusing anyone with a Moslem name as being Osama. And "Al Qaida using Myspace"????? That's just silly. They have used ARABIC chat rooms on servers that are not friendly to the US (where they government can't hop in and grab information on who's connecting.) They use cell phones. They use a 'communist cell' type of organization where it's hard to find the top of any group.

Why not use all of that and My Space? As I said before it would be the perfect way to recruit young american muslums.

Check the Rewards for Justice website. ]www.rewardsforjustice.net... The Director (in English) is a known alias of Bin Laden's as listed on the site.

[\quote]
Your kidding me. Al Qaida has all kinds of money. He wouldn't have to work. There is a documented case linked off of one of my blogs that shows money being funneled to Al Qaida from out of Brooklyn. A Myspace person sent me this link which added to the connection between Brooklyn and Al Qaida. I thought you might find it interesting. kyl.senate.gov...
"Second, that successful indictments and prosecutions often lead to further successes in combating terror. We are able to leverage the intelligence collected from cooperators in our criminal cases to discover and track down new leads and evidence. This investigation uncovered Al-Moayad's contacts in Brooklyn, including a Brooklyn associate who had transferred over $20 million overseas through the bank account of his tiny ice cream store. Those Brooklyn associates have been charged with various federal crimes ranging from unlicensed money remitting to making false statements as part of the Department's disruption approach. In the Al-Moayad trial, prosecutors presented the testimony of Yaya Goba, one of the convicted defendants in the Lackawanna case. Successful prosecutions beget more prosecutions." ]

I'm sure the FBI/police department/news organizations looked at the information (which doesn't match info given by people who know Osama (including some who turned traitor)) and just laughed. I don't doubt that it's kept on file, though.

Funny, two or three days after I turned in my first tip the British airway plot was thwarted. Coincidence? The fact is that my tips were helping so much that they told me to call New York directly instead of going through my local office. This was a break in standard protocol. I think they wanted New York to get the tips faster instead of being routed through another office. Every time I mentioned the Brooklyn tips they would know what I was talking about. One agent told me she had been "briefed" on the situation. They would respond by putting straight through to the duty agent or terrorist task force. Why would they waste their time if my tips were so aweful. Again, why would they bother to come to my house to collect my research on the Mydoom case? I think they took them very seriously indeed.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
is this a joke???? a seahorse, WTF

Get over the seahorse already. My methods worked. Yes, they were unconventional. I had to think outside the box to do something no one else could see to do.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

That's a really funny thought, but I doubt he used it for fun. He doesn't even have anyone on his friends list.

But yeah I don't know why he'd want to live in New York of all places. It would be like Hitler saying "I know, i'm going to go and hide in London because that's the last place the Brits will find me!" and Himmler et al look at each other and raise their eyebrows...

Do you have any idea how close Brooklyn is to Ground Zero? Look it up sometime.

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Leslie Powers

However, I think this is why I was able to find Osama

Leslie, back to the real world for a moment. You didn't find Osama and I am going to tell you why. If you did then Pakistani Intelligence would have gotten wind of this through their connections in the Muslim Underworld, the Russian Spy agency would have as well, their arms are well known to be inside different gov organizations.

Your making it seem like the United States is the only entity that would be needed to keep this secret. Even Al'Qaeda would probably tell their members so they could insight a more fervent Jihad.

Bin Laden isn't going to use Myspace with a title that is already commonly known, that would be self-defeating. On the one hand you talk about the ability to email people in secret using myspace, then you talk about common names that he used, that is just very inconsistent.

Also again, if you had anything to do with his arrest YOU WOULD BE TOLD TO KEEP QUIET, not because NO-ONE WOULD BELIEVE YOU, but because that information might fall into the *WRONG HANDS*.

That in and of itself is what makes your claim false.

I don't know the game that is being played here, I don't know if it is disinfo, I don't know if the FBI took you for a ride, but I do know that this wouldn't be secret if that is what happened for the reasons I stated.

I am personally leaning toward you being a disinfo person, I already heard this Bin Laden thing mentioned on coast to coast, so it has already got some media attention, if it gets any more media I can see where this will lead, it will discredit anything to do with 9/11.

[edit on 5-1-2007 by talisman]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join