It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
A decent, solid performance tonight against what turned out to be a rather pathetic West Ham side.

I must say their fans were great though, constantly sang their little hearts out.

"We're gonna win 4 - 3, we're gonna win 4- 3!"

posted on Apr, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Europa League semi-finals given provisional go-ahead

The Europa League semi-final ties involving Liverpool and Fulham on Thursday will provisionally go ahead. Liverpool's game at Atletico Madrid and Fulham's trip to Hamburg had been in doubt due to the cloud of volcanic ash from Iceland that has grounded flights. But Uefa has given the green light for the clubs to play the first-leg semis. "Further news and information on the exact travel possibilities for these away teams is expected over the next 24 hours," said governing body Uefa.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:04 AM
link   
As a long time Football Fan I can honestly say that Iam saddened by the demise of a once great Football club called Liverpool.
Watching them play lets be honest....is akin to sitting in on a sunday, going down to the local video shop and renting a Corination Street compiliation Dvd ( one that has lots of black and white episodes) that is how dreary dull and turgid Liverpool appear to a neutral.
Iam not here to trash anyones favourite side, but please.....cant they get rid of Benitez?
Otherwise the stadiums will empty no one can be reasonably be expected to watch these disinterested and uninspired lumps roll around on the halllowed turf of Anfield any longer.
Man United thats a team.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Perhaps you have forgotten that last season we played some quite wonderfull football, and finished as the highest scorers in the league, including club records broken for scoring 4 or more in consecutive games.

This season we have had to go back to basics, given the injury problems, small squad, lack of investment by the owners and player form.

We paid down 4 mill for aquilani, and 7 for johnson, yet we made 40 mill from player sales - that's a shorfall of 29 mill that could have been used to strengthen the squad, but instead, the owners used the money to pay off debt.

We now have a new chairman, a £100 mill contract with standard chartered and another kit sponsorship deal worth £125 mill.

With new owners (coming soon) and a little investment in players we will soon see LFC capture their 19th title.

We also have some of the best kids in the world in our youth and reserve teams, we have Barca's youth coach, the best sports doctor in the world, and a fitness team second to none.

So where exactly is this demise of which you speak?

Do yourself a favour mate, and stop reading the red-tops - try doing a little research of your own instead, because nearly all of this is down to Benitez.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

"Man United thats a team."

Very brave thing to say in an LFC thread!...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

One mans 'brave' is another mans 'stupid'

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Very true....but depends how many of us know where he lives!...joking of course, he's obviously just mentally ill....or from Kent...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by uptheirons!

Very true....but depends how many of us know where he lives!...joking of course, he's obviously just mentally ill....or from Kent...

An Honest Liverpudian will tell you the team has never been the same since benitez with his latino leeching attitude came on board.
But hey Iam from an asteroid far far away so what would I know.
Even a half blind Alien can see however that Liverpoo are on the nose.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

And finally the agenda becomes clear - and a xenophobic agenda at that.

Forget the fact that he won the European cup, the FA cup and got us our highest ever points total... put mad martin o'neill or roy hodgson in charge - better yet, get our 'arry from spurs, if he can stop his delboy antics for long enough to concentrate on the football.

I've heard some rubbish in my time, but really, this takes the biscuit.

[edit on 25/4/2010 by budski]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Just ignore the moron above you mate, Not worth bothering with

And come on LIVERPOOL!!!

4-0 final score.... win the remaining 2 games and keep the pressure on.
We're guaranteed European football now

[edit on 25/4/10 by blupblup]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
After a piss poor first half we came out in the second half and looked much better, especially Gerrard.

Ayala had a solid game, as did Agger once again at left back.

Aquilani was very inconsistent again, but looked more comfortable in possesion, he just needs to cut out the lazy passes that give away possession.

Maxi was much improved too.

Onwards...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Liverpool are set to sign Charlton's highly rated 18-year-old midfielder Jonjo Shelvey after the League One club gave them permission to hold talks.

Shelvey travelled to Merseyside on Tuesday and has already undergone a medical, with the Merseysiders set to pay an initial £1.7m fee.

The England youth international has made 48 appearances for the Addicks since making his debut aged just 16.

Shelvey has made 27 appearances this season as Charlton push for promotion. A product of the academy at The Valley, he has been linked with several Premier League clubs since becoming the youngest ever first-team player to turn out for the south Londoners at the age of 16 years and 59 days.

The Romford-born player signed a two-and-a-half year deal with Charlton on his 17th birthday in 2009, with Addicks boss Phil Parkinson commenting: "He's an excellent prospect - I haven't seen a better 17-year-old in the country."

Charlton also revealed that the talks with Liverpool were also taking in a plan for a "strategic partnership" for the development of players from both clubs.

The Addicks, who are believed to have substantial debts, are fifth in the League One table and guaranteed a place in the end-of-season play-offs, with an automatic promotion place almost certainly out of reach.

The result of Shelvey's medical at Anfield will be revealed on Wednesday.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Deal completed now with Charlton being our new 'feeder' club.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Arghhh
heartbreaker - some of the football we played in the first half was as good as anything I've seen this season, from any team.

Still, the lads did us proud.

For next season, we need a left back (insua isn't there yet) a wide right player, back up centre back with quality, good back up striker, a wide left player, and Aquilani to stay fit.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Ah man, gutted :shk:

First half we were so good! That interchange of passes that led to the Kuyt chance was brilliant...would have been one of the genuine great European goals had he finished it.

Athletico played it perfectly though to be fair. It was the first leg where I believe we lost the tie by not scoring the vital away goal and not punishing what was a poor Madrid performance.

Do you think that will be the end of Benitez then? I think he will go now.

I have to say that Gerrard went missing again tonight, second half at least, he looks out of sorts.

Overall I was made up with the performance of the majority tonight. Onwards and upwards!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ah, unlucky for you Liverpool fans.
It could have been an all English Europa league final!
Fair enougth, I write Aqualani off in an earlier post, but he was good today.
7 out of 10...
And the ghost of Manchester past doing the damage again!? Mad!!
Anyone else remmember that fella Folan at Man Utd?
And now top scorer at Athletico Madrid two seasons in a row!?
Anyway, Chelsea to win the Premiership.
Then Man Utd, Arsenal and... Man City. Then Villa.. Spurs and Liverpool... Thats my guess for the end of the season.
Anyone else having a guess now?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Got to agree, would have been an all time great goal.

Gerrard?
Think either he wants to go or he wants Benitez to go.
But there are also persistent rumours about his private life....maybe that's affecting him.
One thing for certain, he's not on top of his game and doesn't seem to be enjoying it.

Benitez?
What of him?

A crying shame...Liverpool looked very good in the first half, I thought it was just a matter of time.

And a minor point, surely the away goal rule should not count after the 90minutes are up.
1-1 after 180 minutes of football.
Extra time.
That means that the away team gets an extra 30 mins to score an away goal, surely an advantage??

Maybe I'm just nitpicking?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yeah, I know what you mean about away goals, they can be right killers to any Footy match.
But then again, how many times have they worked in favour of your team?

Wonder what it would be like if the Golden Goal rule was still about...?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Really can't see benitez going, but it's possible...

Pro's - Juve are a big club, they've promised him his own staff, they've promised a transfer kitty, they are willing to match his wages here, they have infrastructure in place, and a proud history and tradition.

Cons - we are his project and he wants to complete it, he and his family are very settled in England and continental jobs are usuall only for a couple of years and this would unsettle his family, he's only got the control over all the footballing aspects of the club in the last year, we are about to be taken over.

IMO the single biggest factor will be new owners - give him the money he needs and he'll be with us for a while.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by budski

Just ignore the moron above you mate, Not worth bothering with

And come on LIVERPOOL!!!

4-0 final score.... win the remaining 2 games and keep the pressure on.
We're guaranteed European football now

[edit on 25/4/10 by blupblup]

Thanks for that mate.
Good to see Liverpool led by Benitez not throw the game against Chelsea as well.
Gerrard bless his soul, just a momentary lapse of reason I guess.
Benitez is going and all true Liverpool fans want him long gone, I can only guess you are some mentally challenged Latin dolt, with a Benitez doll to soothe himself to sleep.
Get real your Liverpool under this Latin leech is finished.
And notice I dont resort to cheap personal insults like you"Why "?
Because I have taste " I support Man United.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

So why are you coming into a LIVERPOOL thread, and trying to derail it with obnoxious comments and xenophobic remarks?

If you want to talk about man u(re) create your own damn thread - this one is for sensible discussion about Liverpool FC, not a platform for you to pursue your racist agenda.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join