It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski
reply to post by Dr Conspire

So why are you coming into a LIVERPOOL thread, and trying to derail it with obnoxious comments and xenophobic remarks?

If you want to talk about man u(re) create your own damn thread - this one is for sensible discussion about Liverpool FC, not a platform for you to pursue your racist agenda.

Your skeletal avatar should give all intelligent contributors on ATS and BTS a clue to your bony non substantial mind.
Leading personal attacks on a superior minded Football Fan is inexcuseable mate.
Any mod (and they are respected ) can trace back to your troll like insults.
I have entered a debate about Football, and you infer racism like so many , cowards who cannot defend their position against well constructed offenses.
If you want to be able to insult and call people names willy nilly may I suggest you post on other less cereberal forums.
This is not a FLAME FORUM, debate not infuriate.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Man United thats a team.

Which shows why you are in this thread - to try and wind people up.

benitez with his latino leeching attitude came on board.

latino leeching?
Xenophobic

I can only guess you are some mentally challenged Latin dolt, with a Benitez doll to soothe himself to sleep.
Get real your Liverpool under this Latin leech is finished.

More of the same.

Xenophobic = racist.

Case closed.

[edit on 5/5/2010 by budski]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Freeborn

I'll take your wager, and say that Liverpool will finish in the top four, within ten points of the winners.

Personally I think it'll be closer, but we got to make it a bit interesting

Not wanting to gloat, but remember this mate?

I know no bet was agreed, just wanting to point out your expectations at the beginning of the season and how things are at the end of the season.

Home | Away
Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Chelsea 37 16 1 1 60 14 10 4 5 35 18 63 83
2 Man Utd 37 15 1 2 48 12 11 3 5 34 16 54 82
3 Arsenal 37 14 2 2 44 15 8 4 7 35 26 38 72
4 Tottenham 36 14 2 3 40 12 6 5 6 24 25 27 67

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5 Man City 36 12 4 2 41 19 6 8 4 31 24 29 66
6 Aston Villa 37 8 8 2 29 15 9 5 5 23 23 14 64
7 Liverpool 37 13 3 3 43 15 5 5 8 18 20 26 62

21 points behind the leaders with one game left.

Still think Benitez has done a good job?

An 'out there' suggestion I know but I think Liverpool should cut their losses, get rid of Benitez and bust the bank and go for Mourinho.
That would put the fear of God up your opponents, invigorate current players and he can attract the very best in the world.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Fair enough - and yes, given the constraints he had to work under and the transfer money he raised but wasn't allowed to spend, I think he has done pretty well.

Or put it another way - most of the alonso money was used to pay down debt when he had been told he could use it for players.

He raised about 40 mil and spent 11 - 7 mil for johnson and 4mil up front for aquilani, he thought he had plenty left for a back up striker, only to be told there was no more money in the kitty.

City and spurs spent far, far more than benitez and only just managed to pull ahead of him.

as for maureen - no way, he has disrespected the club and the fans on many occasions, and I want some dignity back at the club not the circus that is "the ego"

And just how is he going to attract players with no money?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I admire your steadfast loyalty to Benitez, some may say it's just blind faith, but I must say that you are the only Liverpool fan I know who still believes he should stay.

No matter which way you look at it though or who get's the blame the undeniable facts are Liverpool have gone backwards and their best players simply don't look interested.
It seems that Benitez may have lost the dressing room.
And when that happens it is time to part company AND ask about the commitment of the said players.

Troublesome times ahead and a difficult situation for any new owners and whoever the manager is at the beginning of next season.

Liverpool are a great club and deserve to be challenging for the top honours...it maybe a season or two until they are again.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I on the other hand know lots of Liverpool fans who want Rafa to stay for at least one more season.

If the owners had backed up their promises with actions we would not be where we are now - it really is as simple as that.

People need to understand the background behind the situation before making a judgement, and I know for a fact that many so called "fans" haven't got a clue what has been going on.

After istanbul, so many people jumped on the bandwagon, and all they care about is glory - they don't care that one of the best managers of his generation has been operating on a shoestring for 3 years.

Let's not forget, we now have a budget that would shame a championship side, and until that changes, or Benitez works yet another miracle we'll be stuck in the Europa league, or just challenging for 4th spot.

In the last three years, Benitez hasn't even been able to spend the money made from the champions league.

2004/05

In: £2m Josemi; £1.5m Nunez; £10.7m Alonso; £6m Luis Garcia; £6.3m Morientes; £1m Carson; Free Pelligrino.
Total: £27.5m.
Oot: £2.5m Murphy; £8.5m Owen; Free Babbel, Henchoz.
Total: £11m.
Net spend: £16.5m.

Won: Champions League. Premier League: 5th

2005/06

In: £240,000 Barragan; £6m Reina; £5.6m Sissoko; £7m Crouch; £150,000 Hobbs; £190,000 Idriza; £1.5m Gonzalez; £5.8m Agger; £250,000 Martin; Free Zenden, Fowler; Exchange Anderson for Welsh, Kromkamp for Josemi; Unknown Miki Roque.
Total: £26.73m.
Out: £3.5m Diouf; £2m Alou Diarra; £2m Nunez; £6.5m Baros; Free Smicer, Pellegrino; Exchange Welsh for Anderson, Josemi for Kromkamp.
Total: £14m.
Net spend: £12.73m.

Won: FA Cup. Premier League: 3rd

2006/07

In: £6m Bellamy; £2m Palletta; £6.7m Pennant; £9m Kuyt; £200,000 El Zhar; £750,000 Ajdarevic; £2.5m Arbeloa; Free Fabio Aurelio; Loan Mascherano, Padelli; Undisclosed Brouwer.
Total: £27.15m.
Out: £200,000 Whitbread; £3m Morientes; £675,000 Barragan; £2m Traoré; £500,000 Mellor; £1.75m Kromkamp; £525,000 Potter; £1.5m Warnock; Free Hamann, Diao. Undisclosed Cheyrou.
Total: £10.15m.
Net spend: £17m.

Premier League: 3rd. Champions League: losing finalists.

2007/08

In: £5m Lucas; £270,000 Jose Dominguez; £1.8m Leto; £20.2m Torres; £5m Benayoun; £11.5m Babel; £1.3m Insua; £6.5m Skrtel; £18.6m Mascherano; Free Voronin; Undisclosed Nemeth, Itandje.
Total: £70.7m.
Out: £2.7m Sinama-Pongolle; £100,000 O’Donnell; £4m Luis Garcia; £6m Cissé; £7.5m Bellamy; £3.5m Gonzalez; £1.2m Palletta; £3.5m Kirkland; £8.2m Sissoko; Free Dudek, Fowler.
Total: £36.7m.
Net spend: £34m.

Premier League: 4th

2008/09

In: £7m Dossena; £3.5m Cavalieri; £1.5m N’gog; £19m Keane; £8m Riera; Free Degen.
Total: £39m.
Out: £4m Riise; £11m Crouch; £2.25m Guthrie; £3.25m Carson; £16m Keane; Free Kewell; Undisclosed Le Tallec, Finnan, Hobbs.
Total: £36.5m.
Net spend: £2.5m.

Premier League: 2nd

2009/10

In: £17.5m (7,5 owed for crouch) Johnson; £8m (so far) Aquilani; £2m Kyrgiakos; £160,000 Ayala; £1.5m Maxi Rodriguez.
Total: £29.16m.
Out: £250,000 Anderson; £3m Leto; £3.5m Arbeloa; £30m Alonso; £4.4m Dossena; £1.5m Voronin; Free Pennant, Miki Roque.
Total: £42.65m.
Net spend: –£13.49m

Bought: £220.24m
Sold: £151m
Net spend: £69.24m

We can average it out and say that benitez has spent a net of 11.5 mil per season, but I think it's easier to look at the last two years and ask why the money hasn't been put back into the team from player sales.

Now ask yourself if mourinho or any other top manager would work under those conditions, except one who is already here and has a profound love for the club and the city.

It doesn't look to me like he's lost the dressing room either (more media bull) it looks like his best players have either been injured or only half fit for the better part of the season.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
A more sombre version to reflect the season we've just had.

YNWA

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I agree with the sombre tone...but also remember it could have been worse.

What if the Manure had won the league?....

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
The strangest season I can remember.

Injuries, lack of form and some truly bizarre ref decisions have all contributed, I stopped counting when we were denied our 15th stonewall penalty - it started with Voronin shoved off the ball at spurs and continued all season.

What we need is new owners who will back the manager if we are to challenge in the future.

Right now our first team when fit and firing is a match for anyone, but we need squad strength.

We also have some good kids starting to emerge, so things aren't as bad as they seem.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by uptheirons!

That's true... at least we're in Europe of sorts and it could have been worse.
We lost a hell of a lot of games this season, which is very odd for us.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

I agree about pens and decisions in general.
I'm sure most fans of most clubs feel that their clubs are victimised but seriously, Liverpool are denied more Pen's and blatant free-kicks than anyone... and it's been this way for a few seasons now.

We definitely need the owners/management issues sorted out.

And we definitely need what we were promised and that's investment in the Team... we need quality throughout the team and not just the spine of the team.

We need change man...

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Change is coming, and I hope it's sooner rather than later - and if you believe Broughton it's sooner.

Thing is, anyone who takes us over needs deep pockets and patience as we get the new stadium built.

Once that happens new investors should start to see a return on their outlay.

In the meantime, we have the standard chartered deal, plus the adidas kit deal, with a combined worth of about 225 mil over 5 years (I think) and ever increasing expansion into the asian markets.

The club itself makes a tidy profit every year, but the money has been going into the parent company (kop holdings) to pay off the debt - once this changes, we are back on the road.

I've heard rumours about a couple of consortiums in talks with the club, but with the new staffing arrangements, not much gets out these days - so it will be a surprise when the announcement comes.

One thing I do know is that H&G are no longer in control of our destiny - broughton was brought in by the banks as a condition of debt extension, and told to find a buyer asap.

We can only hope that our new owners are more benevolent, and not another bunch of leeches.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I just want to wish you good luck ... we're all counting on you!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bb36e152cb09.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The club itself makes a tidy profit every year, but the money has been going into the parent company (kop holdings) to pay off the debt - once this changes, we are back on the road.

And that's been the main problem right there... any profit we have made, any spare money Rafa has had, he's been unable to use it and do the job properly.

The biggest mistake we made was letting these morons buy the club, they had no interest in our club and have set us back now... and they need to go.

I can't wait until Martin finds a buyer and those wankers leave us alone and we can begin the recovery, until that happens... we're kind of in limbo

@ S-Dog.... didn't you post the same "hilarious" pic on the Man U thread?

[edit on 10/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Let's keep all the gossip about LFC here.

So first off, how many Reds have we got on ATS?

Lifer.........................................LFC all the way!!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Great video here which just shows what we've been up against since the yanks took over.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Isnt Aqualani going at the end of the season now?
But at a budget price off £7 million...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire
Isnt Aqualani going at the end of the season now?
But at a budget price off £7 million...

This was taken straight from a fans forum by a lazy journo, the re-printed by the mirror as "fact"

You couldn't make it up - so far, torres is going to chelsea or city, gerrard is going to inter/real/city, masch is going to barca, yossi is going to spurs in a swap for pavlyuchenko, carra is leaving because he wants guaranteed first team footy and aquilani is going to about 10 different italian clubs.

Typical silly season.

The absolute worst thing that has happened in the last year is purslow being appointed - he is the "senior source" behind all the press stories, and contrary to popular belief is a yank employee, not an RBS one.

The idea is to turn the fans against Rafa in order to deflect attention away from the owners...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Is the Torres to Chelsea rumored 70mil bid true or is it just "paper talk?"

Hard to tell from this side of the pond.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Ha Ha... Guess you know what News paper I read!!

And yeah, Drogba said in todays paper that Chelsea should buy him Torres!
Thinking about it, I wounder how many goals that strike force could get 'if' it did happen..

new topics

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join