reply to post by Mintwithahole.
As stupid as Steve Cohen, an american sports presenter who makes this claim with disgusting regularity, apologises when a stink is kicked up then does
it again when things calm down and is guilty of suce things as ;
• Showing a total ignorance of the facts, he has constantly claimed ticketless Liverpool fans were to blame for the Hillsborough tragedy.
• He has attempted to link Hillsborough to Heysel by claiming, in relation to Liverpool fans, that “a leopard doesn’t change its spots.”
• On various occasions he has referred to Liverpool fans as Nazis, anti-Semitic and anti-American.
• Has on occasion worn anti-Liverpool t-shirts on air such as “I had my hub-caps stolen outside Anfield” etc, not really a big deal but are you
beginning to notice a theme here?
• Questioned the need for us to hold a 20th Anniversary Memorial for Hillsborough and called on UEFA not to support our petition to have our CL game
with Real Madrid moved to avoid it having to be played on the same day.
• As a Chelsea fan, he proudly told his listeners that while attending a game between ourselves and the chavs a couple of seasons ago he joined in
with the chanting of “Murderers” towards the Liverpool fans.
There’s more I could add to that but I think you get the picture and if you want to hear any of this stuff you can get most of it on You Tube.
Since a boycott of his stations sponsors by american fans, he has left the station (sacked)
The sad fact is that this was vile rumour perpetrated by the police to cover their arses and regurgitated by that red top rag - BTW Kelton McKenzie
still refuses to apologise to this day, so if you see him in the media, protest it, and him, and do the same as the americans did with cohen.
Only by fighting this hideous propaganda will people be educated about the truth.