It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Double post.

Doh!

[edit on 14/5/10 by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Just paper talk.

The yanks bumboy, Christian Purslow, is doing everything he can to undermine Rafa, and all the real fans know this.

Forget Drogba and Torres together - unless of course, the new medical guy at anfield who is the top sports doctor in the world knows something we don't.

Like when we sold fowler to leeds, and didn't want owen back.

This is the guy who actually managed to CURE all kewells injury problems.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Some great news here:
www.liverpoolfc.tv...

And with the ex Barcelona academy coach coming in as well, things are looking up for the future.

It's shocknig to think that our youth players didn't play to any kind of plan, or proper system, but the new people Rafa has brought in will play the same system from the academt, right through the reserves, up to the first team, just the same as they do at Barca.

Now if we can get the new owners sorted, that would be great - but I would be surprised if it happens before christmas, with the cowboys valuation of £600 - £800 million.

It beggars belief that they have included future earnings from a stadium not yet built into their valuation - it's like getting planning permission for an extension, not building it but still adding the extra value onto the market price of the house.

Pathetic.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Well Sky sports news sources have confirmed Rafa Benitez is on his was out in the next 48hrs.

I hope this is true.

I think he has done well for the club and liked him for the first few years, but the last 2-3 seasons he has just pissed me off.
It's time for a change.

Hopefully it will be the owners next..... I wanted them gone more than Benitez.

This club needs a new direction and now with Rafa going.... and hopefully the owners following suit, We can actually move this club forward.

This is a great day for LFC

[edit on 3/6/10 by blupblup]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I guess it's the right time for him to go. I bear him no ill will.

The new manager has £15 million to spend on players and if he sells any, he's not guaranteed to get the money back to invest in players.

Until G&H pack up and leave, we're no better off than we were. Depending on the current state of finance, we could be distinctly worse off!

Not to panic, but there are some players that might not stay on and others who won't want to come in. In that sense, we could have a lower quality, smaller squad and the same two assholes ruining the name and finances of Liverpool FC. Next year we could look back and dream of 7th place while we're languishing lower table!

Hopefully, it'll all get sorted and we'll be back up there. I'm kinda scared!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I agree and have no bad feelings towards Rafa either.

I think until the owners have gone, we are going to be stick in limbo really.... not having money for players, but not wanting to sell top players.

We're screwed until this is sorted out.

But I have honestly had enough of Rafa and have felt this way for sometime, as have at least half of the fans, perhaps more?

I dunno man.... I really hope this is a catalyst for the club to go on to great things, and not the beginning of the end.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Yeah it could be bad (Leeds?), but most Liverpool fans are optimists and we've got the unofficially most optimistic motto in sport...'next season!'

on the other hand, I'm not optimistic about Friday night in town. I'll be getting ripped by the Mancs. lol!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I think it's imperative you get new owners as soon as possible.

Benitez is passed his sell by date and done what he can for the club, but the owners appear to have little or no interest in Liverpool F.C. itself.

There are far too many mediocre players at the club.

I know Torres has apparently pledged his future to Liverpool but if he has a decent World Cup and Liverpool get a massive bid for him I could see him going.
If Torres go's I can't imagine Gerrard being too happy, neither player looked happy last year.
Gerrard is nearing 30 and may feel that he wants a new challenge before he's too old.
If Gerrard go's then I can't see Mascherano staying.
He will not want to play for a mid to lower table team.

Where would Liverpool finish in the Premiership without these three?

All if's and but's and if my Auntie had ball's I know, but Liverpool need to do something fast.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yeah man, totally agree.

That's why we need the owners issue sorted... I don't want to lose too many good players.

If we got a bid of like £80m-£100m for Torres, he can go man.... we could get strikers who are as good and who may actually be fit and uninjured enough to play a whole season.

We definitely need to keep gerry and masch though...

It's annoying because we sold Bellamy, Crouch and Keane.... and bought N'Gog

This mess needs to be sorted out asap.... but I honestly think this is the first step in the right direction, benitez HAD to go man.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I don't think you guys realise quite how serious this is.

At the moment, Benitez is the ONLY person standing between the yanks and them asset stripping the club so that they can make the profit they want from it - he is the only person speaking out on our behalf, and he has to be carefull how he does it, so he is not accused of gross misconduct.

This is a concerted campaign to try and force Benitez out - there are a number of LFC sites which have reported sign ups, under different names, with the same IP address all being pro owners and anti-Rafa.

The only stability right now is in the management and playing staff - we need to keep that until new owners come in, and make a decision from there.

The man has operated on about £10 million a season, on average under the yanks tenure.

Look at the figures, and tell me who could have done a better job given the same lack of funds.

If it was all down to benitez, I'd want him gone as well, but the fact is he's been trying to do a job with one hand tied behind his back - and still he stuck with us when he could have walked into top European jobs for more money.

Make no mistake, if they force him out, it will be a dark day for this club as they sell players and bleed us for every last penny they can get.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
www.liverpoolfc.tv...

Liverpool FC today confirmed that Rafael Benitez is to leave the club by mutual consent.

Mr Benitez relinquishes his position as team manager after six years and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their grateful thanks for his services and wish him all the best in his future career.

The Board has now asked Managing Director Christian Purslow, with the assistance of Club Ambassador Kenny Dalglish, to begin a formal search to identify and assess potential candidates for the managerial position.

No timescale has been placed on the process and Liverpool FC will make no further statement until a new manager is appointed.

Gutted :shk:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

Whilst I think Rafa had taken Liverpool as far as he could under current circumstances it was obvious his relationship with the owners had completely broken down.

As desirable as it is to get new owners he could not stay there as long as they own it.

I am suprised as Dalglish being allowed to be used like this.
I know he only has Liverpool's best interests at heart but they are using him as some sort of figure head whilst they try to bleed Liverpool dry behind the scenes.

I truly fear for this great and mighty club.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The only kind of silver lining I can see is this - New owners are in the process of buying the club, and wanted their own manager in charge.

Probably a pipe dream.

The owners will get a yes man as new manager, and bleed the club dry.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Sad to see him go.

Match days aren't going to be the same without "qualliteee"

Wish him all the best. I predict a side of his will win the Champions League within the next three years.

For us... not so sure about the future. Could be darker days ahead, or this could be a precursor to a new buyer coming in with their own man.

Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Hopefully Benitez will just loan the guy till the summer. He's being touted around at $16m, pretty steep for someone who can't get a game at the hammers, lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Anyone interested in buying the new Liverpool Away kit should see this link: www.additionsdirect.co.uk.../q/liverpool&prdToken=/p/prod3180004-sku4480041

FOR £20 off £40 Spend enter ZZ970 FOR
Free delivery enter XX855

[edit on 19/6/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Mate, you do know that most of the money you spend is going straight into the leaches pockets right?

You do know about the boycotts of kits and merchandise by fans groups?

You do know that even if you don't buy from the official shop, the owners still get a substantial royalty payment?

You do know that the more people spend, the longer those 2 will be in charge, bleeding us dry and giving silly amounts to spend on players?

If we hope to pressure those 2 *expletives" into selling quickly, we have to cut off all sources of revenue - only once there is nothing in it for them will they go.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yes, I do know.

Which is why I haven't purchased the kit and don't intend on doing so.

However, I also know that there will be people who do want to buy the kit and I know that in these financially difficult times 50% off their purchase would be much welcomed.

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   

KOPTALK can exclusively reveal that Roy Hodgson has been appointed as the new manager of Liverpool Football Club.

The Fulham manager was always the bookies favourite to land the job despite the Reds having considered several alternatives including former Real Madrid coach Manuel Pellegrini.

Liverpool legend Kenny Dalglish wanted the job but was turned down flat by the current Anfield board. One of Hodgson's first jobs will be to try and persuade his friend to remain at the club.

www.koptalk.co.uk...

It's looking more and more likely...

posted on Jun, 24 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

kopTalk????

That's off 2 fat geordie blokes twitter - and koptalk is possibly the worst place on the net for Liverpool info, again because it is 2 fat geordie blokes who reckong they are ITK's and post nothing but bull.

If it happens, it happens, but woy is nowhere near good enough to manage Liverpool, and would just show that we are a team heading towards mid-table mediocrity whilst being bled dry.

There are also plent of more credible rumours concerning Pellegrini and Rijkaard - Pellegrini would be my choice but at the moment he's on holiday in Chile.

As for those fans who want to buy a shirt, and want 50% off, they need to have a word with themselves - as do those who advertise cut price deals - advertising it is as bad as buying the shirt, and stinks if double standards.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join