It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Liverpool FC Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Let's keep all the gossip about LFC here.

So first off, how many Reds have we got on ATS?

posted on Jan, 3 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Awww, looks like we are a rare species here

Big games against the Arse coming up.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Rare and unique !!!

Our form has been pretty good lately, so we should do ok against the Gunners over the next week.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm a WBA fan but my gf and her sons are LFC fans. Hoping to get up to the Kop for a game sometime soon

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Liverpool have been playing well lately.

Do you think they will get rid of Crouch?

posted on Jan, 5 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
Liverpool have been playing well lately.

Do you think they will get rid of Crouch?

I hope not, I kinda like him and his attitude. Could be a bit better in the air though.

Bit wary of the rumoured Mascherano deal. Hopefully Benitez will just loan the guy till the summer. He's being touted around at £16m, pretty steep for someone who can't get a game at the hammers, lol.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I see Liverpool got thrashed in the FA cup today by Arsenal, unlucky for you guys. Better luck next year.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
I see Liverpool got thrashed in the FA cup today by Arsenal, unlucky for you guys. Better luck next year.

Well, I dunno about thrashed, we were all over them. We had something like 66% possession and should have had a penalty a 0-0.

But, yeah, I hope we have better luck next time. We'll see them in the Littlewoods cup very soon.

posted on Jan, 8 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yeah, the game against Liverpool was suprising. I think before the game, they were talking about the fact that Liverpool had only conceded 3 goals at home all season and bang... The gooners put 3 in the net.

The 1st half was similar to the game against Bolton when you were all over them.

Is it Newcastle Crouch is being linked with? and yeah, like you say guys he don't seem to be first choice.

What's happened with Fowler these days?

posted on Jan, 9 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Liverpool 3 - 6 Arsenal, another terrible result. What do you think is the problem with your team? I read that you have to pay 10 million for the concrete for your new stadium so i doubt you will have much to spend this transfer window unless you sell. I think you need to buy a defender or two and maybe another striker with pace like Bellamy.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Terrible result but a cracking game, how come Alaliedere never played like that for Celtic :bash:

When the game was 5 - 3, why did Benitez bring on Carragher when he had Crouch on the bench? Everytime the ball went into the box Arsenal couldn't cope.

posted on Jan, 11 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Benitez definitely has to take all blame for that loss, he messed up big time. The Carling cup was your only real chance of a trophy this season so he should have fielded a much better side. I wonder what Gerrard must have said to him after the game, he'll probably get fed up after a while and leave.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by DraconianKing
Benitez definitely has to take all blame for that loss, he messed up big time. The Carling cup was your only real chance of a trophy this season so he should have fielded a much better side. I wonder what Gerrard must have said to him after the game, he'll probably get fed up after a while and leave.

He did the same a couple of years back, Burnley in the FA cup I believe. Although, he just did the same thing as Wenger, but we don't have the same quality second string players as Arsenal...

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Well, we have Chelsea up next. It's a great time to play them I think with all the unrest behind the scenes. Let's hope we don't let ourselves down.

:shk:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
Well, we have Chelsea up next. It's a great time to play them I think with all the unrest behind the scenes. Let's hope we don't let ourselves down.

:shk:

It was a good time to play them.

Could have been 4-0 by half-time.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Thanks a lot, you have done my team a big favor now all we have to do is beat Arsenal at home and life will be sweet. If you keep playing well you stand a good chance of stealing second place from Chelsea and even having a shot at the title if United mess up.

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I get the feeling we're going to beat Barcelona over these two legs. I can't wait for tonight! We always seem to pull through when we're the under-dogs.

An away goal at the Nou Camp and then beat them at Anfield. COME ON!

posted on Feb, 21 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
John, what a result for Liverpool tonight..

They played well and did a great job. Once Deco scored i thought they was going to get thrashed, but they dug deep and set it up for a great 2nd leg.

[edit on 21-2-2007 by The Real Deal]

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Deal
John, what a result for Liverpool tonight..

They played well and did a great job. Once Deco scored i thought they was going to get thrashed, but they dug deep and set it up for a great 2nd leg.

Yeah mate, the second Deco scored I thought we were going to get slaughtered!

You couldn't make up the scorers could you?

Plus Bellamy's celebration and post match interview were hysterical, he rammed it all right back down the media's throat!

I can't believe we got the win as we didn't even play that great attacking football, although we were organised and solid. Once that first one went in Barca just seemed to fall apart, and Rijkaard lost the plot with the subs he made as he just let us practically walk up to their goal and knock! It obviously shows he believes he can't win at Anfield.

I really do feel like the tie is over, which I know is the most dangerous thing to do! They'll probably come to Anfield and slaughter us now!

posted on Feb, 24 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Great to see God back today, two goals in front of the Kop, just a shame
he didn't get the match ball.
4-0 was just the perfect way to end a great week for the club.
Solid performance all round, shame Crouchy had to make way i thought he could have bagged a couple today, Pennant was very good and most importantly Macherano finally made his debut and really looks like
he has the quality to be a big success at Anfiels, I for one feel very lucky
we signed him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join