It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
reply to post by Ggurl777

I don't think i would have a problem getting in to my wal-mart. I know most of the people who work there, and when they see all the firepower i'm packing, they'll be glad to have me

But would you want to be there? High population area? That's a little risky because all it takes is one person to come in with a bite... and they turn... bite others... it becomes a massacre. Stick me in a desolate location please

[Snip]

Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 4) Advertising. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 7/11/08 by JAK]

posted on Nov, 7 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zombies

The valley i live in has 9 small towns with a total population of about 15,000 people. The town it's in has maybe 1000 of those people. It would be quite safe.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
You know I was sitting and watching a train go by and thought....Hey now that would be a great hide...

It's secure and a strong structure
It's "mobile" to a certain extent
you can find them full of supplies.. even water.

Some have military equipment on them

Also, If you can move them you can park one on a huge train bridge. That would be very secure until it became unstable.

With a little welding you could connect the cars on a train....

I think that would be my new plan

1. find train
2. stockpile supplies
3. move to a better location.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

Island? Have you thought about Australia. Even if a zombie outbreak did happen it would start in America.

posted on Nov, 8 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I do have the original zombie movie (1968). Here is a link for all those zombie fans...

www.imdb.com...www.imdb.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I think the best zombie invasion defence would be a team of people who have certian skills for instance on my team i would have my friends (who we all have weapons and certian skills (Me- driver, Todd-gunsmith, Peter- Runner, Chris-runner,) then we would find people throught the community we would look for mechanics, doctors, anyone who has extensive knoledge of a certian area, then we would go to my old elementary school then we would board up the doors and windows sit on the roof with our rifles and then have peter whos the runner attract the zombies to the parking lot to where we would then have a bunch of easier targets. eventually the team would have to go out for supplies and what not.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
With The Body Armor Part, Most Body Armor Is Composed Of A Vest That Is Used To Hold Kevlar, Led And Steel Plates Which Easily Weigh 50+ Pounds Which Could Hinder Your Movement. I Would Go With A Hoodie Paintball Mask And A heavy carhart.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Son we just crossed the street

Buewahahahahaha

Ahhh A Topic I love.

All I need is my autyShoti and plenty of rounds

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Has anyone thought of a castle? Those who live in europe should know what i meen, they have solid walls, are huge, eough space to grow food maybe even keep animals, mostly on hills or surrounded by a pond. I meen those things are made exactly for this purpose. and you have no need for electricity and mostly you would even have space for an helicopter as an escape plan.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
or an Oil drilling Platform

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The best protection against Zombies is obviously to live where there are no Zombies; Like the entire planet Earth

Fun thread, thanks OP.

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've always liked the idea of a US Navy destroyer that way you can cruise anywhere in the world and have some fun target practicing onshore

Also an abandoned prison

[edit on 15-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Dec, 15 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You meen like Alcatraz (which resembles a lot a castle or a fort)

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
This is what you need:-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are four of these Palmerston Forts near where I live; Spithead Fort, No-Mans Land Fort, Horsesand Fort and St. Helens Fort.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was sat here reading this thread thinking, yeah ok Zombie out break, ok like that would ever happen and then the light bulb switched on.

Could a zombie out break ever happen if say the rabies virus changed the way it attacked its host ??????

Rabies in animals can cause fury, rage, madness.
If you were to take any rational thought away from a human that was to become infected with rabies, then effectively you have a zombie.

Just a thought. Why do you guys think ????

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This would be alot harder then some think because if a zombie apocalypse were to happen it would be utter chaos dont forget how selfish some people would be depeding on the scenario people would sacrifice others to buy them time and most morals would be put aside because depending on the scale of infestation its everyone for themselves, you cant stay in one spot because food would run out, staying in one spot also shows that you think someone would come and save you, if thats the case do you think this would of happened in the first place if someone could just come and save you? Every passing second equals more zombies if were going by zombies infect others then re animation upon death.

The only ones who have a 100% of survival are the ones in the government and people with money since they already have the advantage to things most middle class people dont, bigger houses, more ammo for any kind of wepon, and alot of surveillance.

Personally if this were to happen i think if it was a large enough scale we would pretty much wiped out and the surviors would have to starve and rough it untill all the flesh of the zombies rot and can no longer hold the bones together to let them even move a couple of feet.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Being part of the military would be a great advantage! Mostly the Navy.
If you are able to operate on a skeleton crew on lets say an aircraft carrier, or large ship that is well supplied and stay out of the open oceans where you would have to deal with hurricanes, or other extreamly bad storms.. Chances of living threw a Zombie attack would be my choice.

Hunker down upon a large and well supplied ship or aircraft carrier.
Zombies couldnt climb up those large ships to get inside.
And you just need to stay where the water is deep enough they can not get themselfs meshed into the gears, and propellers of the ship.

So I would want to be on a well stocked house boat. Cruise ship.. Or aircraft carrier for any zombie outbreak.
Land is just to dangerous.. Yet with ships.. the issue would be having enough supplies to last you so you didnt have to port and restock.
But sooner or later you would have to restock.. Thats when you have to take everything else said in this thread to heart..

Out in the waters you are pretty safe.. More so than any roof top. Mountain or otherwise well defended spot.
The zombies that can not reach you on a boat or ship would be my best idea of saftey.. Yet its important to note.. supplies are limited, and nothing lasts forever.. But lets say 25 men on an aircraft carrier that was well supplied to keep you going to about a year or so..

And then you just have to make sure you dont run ashore.. Or your a sitting duck.. As you have now crashed your ship, and zombies can breach the hull if its cracked open run a shore..

Rivit city in Fallout 3 is one of the better safe havens of this new world..
Why? Because it is surrounded by deep water, and no one can get on the ship or off the ship without the say so of those in charge..

But a full manned ship wouldnt last to long.. supplies would be used up to fast.. And if one person on the ship is infected.. Then the more people on that boat means more zombies to deal with in the enclosed area..

Thats the base issue.. A secure zone with to many people could turn out to be a bad thing.. Where the less people you have, the better your chances are.. Sadly enough you would have to leave many behind.. And have only a handful of people, enough to keep the ship running, and keep it out of harms way when dealing with other non zombie realted issues..

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What about just going to the south or north poles on a plane or something? If there was a place with snow year round, wouldn't Zack just freeze? You could knok holes in the ice and fish and stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I love the zombie threads. Great reads. If you enjoy this there is an entire board devoted to the hunting of zombies, and prepation for the zombacalypse.

Have fun.

Spiritowl

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by colec156

Rabies in animals can cause fury, rage, madness.
If you were to take any rational thought away from a human that was to become infected with rabies, then effectively you have a zombie.

Just a thought. Why do you guys think ????

thats new Zombies from like 28 days or the remake of Dawn of the dead

I'm old school slow scary quietly coming up on you in your sleep

thats strange I keep hearing something out back

must be a cat or

[edit on 17-12-2008 by SLAYER69]

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join