It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
A Zombie outbreak may indeed happen within our time, if accidents happen. There is a hypothetical combination of 3 viral infections (HIV/AIDS, Rabies and Ebola) that if combined with one other thing (dare i say stem cells *AND BY NO MEANS AM I PRO LIFE, RESEARCH SHOULD STILL CONTINUE WITH THIS*) could create a super virus that effectively kills the victim with a high infection rate that spreads rapidly and is incredibley contageous. This combined with the stem cells (yes it may sound farfetched but just read on) could effectively reanimate certain cell lines between the muscle walls just before rigormortis kicks in effectively (thus creating the shambling effect seen in most fiction, "28 series" fiction doesnt include true zombies). Just think, why have there been no reports of trying to use stem cells on dead organisms? Maybe for a reason?

I know I will be prepared if it would ever (hypothetically) hit, a possible scenario in this case would be a cure for a well known disease, that if an accident happened within research and they added too much of an active virus in order to create an immune system response (etc etc we know how vaccines work) that combined with the other said things would create a possible scenario of zombie outbreak. These zombies wouldnt be reanimated dead per se but still a realistic possibility of a zombie virus nonetheless. Be prepared.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Your basically refering to what happened in the movie I am legend.
Modification of known viruses with stem cells could easily cause affects similar to that.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
ZOMBIES ( as what the people of 21st century have imagined) does not exist. those kinds of zombies dont exist. If u happened to hear about the rise of the dead ( prolly from the bible) on apocalypse day, well that one is maybe true ( who knows, it didnt happen yet) BUT those walking dead bodies will be there to gather with the living to be judged BUT never to run after the living, and get the second chance to killed again.LOL just people exaggerated it and materialized it for movie/tv use. plain simple thing called ENTERTAINMENT.

posted on Feb, 3 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
...he actually has a plan formulated in the event that it does happen. ...

I've heard of people joking about having a "zombie plan", but he ACTUALLY has one?!

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dr_strangecraft

banks are made not to be essily acsesed when clossed all the glass in most bank is bullet proff and most doors have meatle reinforce ment sorry abought my spelling im dislexic

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Lol, is this serious?

Zombies?

Come on...

Zombies?!

Lol...come on...really?

I'm fairly certain we have more to worry about then 'Zombies'

zombies are below everything on my list to worry about.

even below reptilians

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

This hypothetical combination of a HIV-AIDS/Rabies/Ebola virus is not really a possibility. The reason being that none are airborne and neither are they by contact. They are all fluid and/or blood-borne viruses, hence some kind of penetration is needed to transmit the viruses.

Before the HIV/AIDS/Rabies viruses kicked-in, the Ebola virus would have likely killed the person infected. None of the above viruses make humans attack other humans either, contrary to popular belief.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Shakezoola

Have you ever read the bible? In the book of revelations it says at the end of days the deads shall walk the earth. Sounds like zombies to me! Now i'm not a religious person at all but you have to ask "what if".

And Wotan, the rabies virus will make people attack others. Have you ever seen a dog infected with it? They are very feral and will attack anything.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

Rabies in humans does not act the same way as it does in animals.

BTW, the dead do not walk.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

How does it affect humans, and have you actually seen someone in the later stages of infection?

And i know the dead don't walk, they shuffle about

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
No I have not seen anyone affected with rabies, fortunately its not a problem here in the UK, though there was a recorded case recently of someone who was infected and later died in hospital after contracting the disease whilst abroad.

Just do an internet search of rabies, you will soon find the symptoms that humans acquire whilst infected. If not, I have many medical texts, that I would be happy to quote.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

It hasn't been a major problem here in the USSA in a hundred years or so. I just assumed it had the same affects as it does in animals.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

RABIES

Symptoms in humans

The typical incubation period for rabies is 2 to 3 months. In rare cases, the incubation period can last from several days to more than a year after exposure to the virus. During the incubation period, there are usually no symptoms of rabies. Early symptoms include pain and numbness at the site of the bite followed by vague symptoms that are often confused with those of other conditions. These include:

Fever.
Cough or sore throat.
Pain, burning, itching, tingling, or numbness at the site of the bite or original exposure.
Abdominal pain.
Anxiety or restlessness that gradually gets worse and may become extreme agitation.
Later symptoms are more distinctive and may include:

Periods of normal behavior that alternate with bizarre or unusual behavior, such as:
Anxiety or feeling agitated.
Hallucinations.
Delirium.
Fear of water (hydrophobia) or fear of air (aerophobia).
Muscle spasms in the face, neck, and/or diaphragm, followed by seizures.
Paralysis, which is often the only symptom of the less common paralytic form of rabies often associated with rabies from vampire bats.
Wide fluctuations in temperature, pulse, and blood pressure.
Coma, and heart and respiratory failure.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wotan

All very similar to what happens to animals. The only real difference is animals suffer from extreme aggression.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You give me a couple short katanas, a 9mm, a few grenades, and a sniper rifle and im good to go. And some of the stuff you guys are talking about is genious! The thing with the firetruck and the septic cleaner! That is great!

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by friendoftherevolution
You give me a couple short katanas, a 9mm, a few grenades, and a sniper rifle and im good to go. And some of the stuff you guys are talking about is genious! The thing with the firetruck and the septic cleaner! That is great!

What are you talking about? Stocking up on weapons really.....

What you really , really need to do , is get Milla Jovovich as your friend and then just stay next to her, whilst she dispatches the zombie hordes whilst occasionally getting her kit off.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
If you can dodge a zombie, you can dodge a dodgeball.

And what I mean by that is, if you're prepared for a zombie outbreak then you're prepared for pretty much anything short of a nuclear bomb going off nearby.

1. Natural disaster? Check. If your bug-out location can withstand the constant pounding of the undead hordes, it's pretty well built.

2. Society breakdown? Check. If you have the tools to stop attacking zombies, you have the means to stop attacking rioters/looters/etc.

3. Long term power outage? Check. If you have preparations made to live off-grid after a zombie uprising, then those preparations will work just as well for any other off-grid living needs.

4. Biological or chemical attack? Check. Since a zombie outbreak is said to be biological, you'd have the tools to survive a bio-chemical attack.

Etc., Etc...

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Live on top of the matterhorn!
Easy peasy

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
You say that zombies shuffle along... How in gods name would I be able to distinguish them from normal people who aimlessly shuffle around all day?
I guess once they started to chow down on your leg that might give me a clue.

As for the chance of there ever being a zombie outbreak?
If George W Bush can become president of the most powerful country in the world then anything is possible. . !

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join