It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis
reply to post by Ggurl777

I have to agree with Thawk325 on this one.
Wal-mart has everything you need, food, water, and ammo.

BEtter have enough non perishable supplies for the Next 3 to 10 years and I would perfer a costco whole sale anyways...
ALso if you can't fortify a place which I probaly couldn't do then you in for one heck of a ride heading up north where it's real cold and finding a place to foritify...AlsoI just don't like the idea of being in a walmart locking it down so even if i wnated to get out I couldn't unless i wanted to die becuase theres a freakin horde of zombies outside with more coming everyday I mean have YOU seen DAWN OF THE DEAD and DAY OF THE DEAD "the first one of day of the dead"

Read the ZOmbie survival guide...

ALso I feel alot bnetter if I'm in the north where it's cold knowing that a human can last in low temps with out freezing to death unless wearing good cloths and even if a zombie wore good cloths they'd still freeze to death because their bodies don't give of or retain heat...

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i live in canada, if this ever happened i would barricade the warehouse i work at with the empty semi trailer's once winter hit.. SYSCO plenty of non perisables although once the cooler and freezer thawed it would stink an awful lot.. but yea think food warehouses Sygma Sysco

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
i live in canada, if this ever happened i would barricade the warehouse i work at with the empty semi trailer's once winter hit.. SYSCO plenty of non perisables although once the cooler and freezer thawed it would stink an awful lot.. but yea think food warehouses Sygma Sysco

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
In case of a Zombie outbreak I think I would look in the Yellow Pages, I saw an ad in there that deals with zombie infestations.

Might be handy to know, Its under P for pest control.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

For one, i live up in the mountains, so am not to worried about hordes of zombies.
For two, an un-embalmed human body in warmer weather will completely decay in about two months. That is not accounting for maggots and other scavengers. The muscle tissue will decay to the point of uselessness in about two weeks.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   

For one, i live up in the mountains, so am not to worried about hordes of zombies.
For two, an un-embalmed human body in warmer weather will completely decay in about two months. That is not accounting for maggots and other scavengers. The muscle tissue will decay to the point of uselessness in about two weeks.

I heard it takes 3 to 5 years for a human body to completely decay...????

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Only if the body has been embalmed by a mortician.
They pump the veins full of formaldihide which slows decay.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I would like to comment that the zombie survival guide is good up to a point. I mostly disagree with it when Max starts talking about weapons. Any one that has had some serious trigger time with an AK and an M-16 will tell you that when accuracy matters use the m-16.

don't give me any of that Viet Nam rifle jamming BS. The improvements that have been made in ammo, the weapon, and training have more than made up for any weapon short comings. I spent a lot of time in rain forest and desert conditions with the M-16 and never had a jamming problem that didn't involve blanks.

also, think about how much room 3-5 years of food will take up...

1 box of MRE's holds 12 meals. 2 a day is 6 days... thats around 60 cases... thats the size of a king size bed at least... and they are not good forever.

survival is all about being able to produce food and a replenish able water supply.

and i would put my money on a good .22 or .22mag and a # ton of ammo... 525 rounds of .22lr is about the size of 4 decks of cards.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by irongunner

I totally agree. With the M4 having a heavy barrel it inadvertantly makes it more accurate. And with the gas piston system designed by Frank DeSomma, they require very little maintanance and never jam unless using crappy ammo. As far as .22's go at Wal-Mart you can get boxes of 550 rnds of Federal .22 for $13. So for about $260 you could have 11,000 rounds.
And you can carry that in an ammo can.

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Anuubis]

[edit on 22-8-2008 by Anuubis]

posted on Aug, 23 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
finally some one that actually has used these weapons comments. I love cheap .22 ammo like federal the only problem is that my pistol doesn't operate on Federal ammo, I use the Remington golden bullet value pack it's just a tad higher at 15.50

But, again I think people mis-judge the economy of space for storage.

the cost of preparation

how long "non-perishable" lasts (hint its not forever)

and what it will take to defend these supplies.

Not only that but there is a necessity of grouping up. I dont know how to make clothes, but I can shoot. i need to find some people that think the same way i do, are willing to live with me for 5-10 years, work hard to survive and most importantly not ask ridiculously obvious questions like "when do you think this is going to end?"

posted on Aug, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by irongunner

That is why i like the Ruger 10/22 i built. It's very accurate and will eat any ammo without problem. Most people discount the .22 as a survival weapon, but they obviously don't know that it has the power to take down two legged predators out to two hundred yards easily. Be it zombies or people. And the fact that it doesn't have the power to exit the human body and bounces around inside makes it even more dangerous.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone posted this ever before but so much stuff on zombies it would be hard to tell.

Bush seems to take surviving a Zombie outbreak very seriously.

posted on Sep, 1 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
oh yeah i showed that 2 my lil brother and he believed it

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Okay just to let you know heading for a walmart or a costco is kind of crazy considering the fact if you get there to late it might already be boarded up with people inside who wont let you in.
So I say find a way....HEAD NORTH!!!!!!Fortify some place there and you might save a few slower lives on the way in which you would worry less if you were running away from zombies and they would get the slower travelers....

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
you could build a tree fort. that would be totally AWESOME!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by irongunner

Yeah and if you have a water system that doesn't need to be repaired run in there and years worth of nonperishable food than that will work perfectly just find a very very very high tree!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 6 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by irongunner

Yeah and if you have a water system that doesn't need to be repaired run in there and years worth of nonperishable food than that will work perfectly just find a very very very high tree!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I don't think i would have a problem getting in to my wal-mart. I know most of the people who work there, and when they see all the firepower i'm packing, they'll be glad to have me

posted on Sep, 8 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

well, since zombies have poor muscle coordination, they would be clueless as to how to stay afloat in the water. even if they needn't breathe, they wouldnt know how to move about underwater.
if they could think, theyd be like: "omgwtfbbq.. i cant move!!.. uhh..hungry"

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi
First time reader long time writer.I would just like to put it out there that if the zombie virus was cross species contaminating e.g. dogs, monkeys and birds, then your basically screwed and the only real thing to do is find a cure or build a rogue A.I. to completely crush the zombies and fight for humanity. However the only way to do any of the above is to build a really strong structure which can't be contaminated or overwhhelmed by the sheer number of zombies so i would stick with the rogue A.I, I mean seriously it would be the ultimate screw you to the zombies, that or nuking the earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join