It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Yes a boat and or aircraft with supplies would be a great idea if that the zombies go by what this thread said. Fast zombies= its your time soon enough.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Ladies & Gentlemen: I wholeheartedly believe that those zombies who are frozen during their first winter outside will become destroyed. As you may remember from physical science class, when a cell becomes frozen, the water inside of it expands thru the cell wall. The individual cells burst because of this - however the southern climes will have zombies for years. Also zombies trapped in areas where the temperature doesn't get below 32 degrees during the winter will also survive. I hear that Resident Evil will have a 4th movie. Like-minded people should have a web-site that lets us all e-mail mono-a-mono. Anyone know of such a website? Later. MJA.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 01:31 AM
link   
wait how are zombies going to come forth? there is a 1 in a googleplex chance that humans would accadently make a virus that would make a zombie. im not saying that i dont think that this would happen but really its ALMOST impossible.

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wotan
This is what you need:-

www.dailymail.co.uk...

There are four of these Palmerston Forts near where I live; Spithead Fort, No-Mans Land Fort, Horsesand Fort and St. Helens Fort.

Fort Tregantle is the place for you my lad, Built during the Napoleonic wars, much modified since, even recently refurbished to modern standards, Its closed off underground tunnel network allows to total secure freedom of movement.
www.cyber-heritage.co.uk...

[edit on 31-12-2008 by Northern Raider]

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
how is zed fluid infected the diesease rest in the brain not the fluid thats why the brain is the only way to kill so you destroy the disease also why people think zeds can swim the water would speed up the deteriation process plz respond to this

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I need one of those where i live

Unfortunately any forts built like that here were built on the coast's.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
"You cant be serious!?" John McEnroe

Zombies? The video and horror movie kind vs the drugged Haitian kind?
If "zombies" are just fatally infected people then they would probably be too weak to hunt you and quickly succumb to the virus...if they were "undead" (walking dead) then they probably wouldnt have an appetite. And (hypothetically) if there were zombies in the area why couldnt you just start shuffling and moaning like them and they would think that you were one of them? Seriously are there any medical reports for such a condition as "zombism",,,I think not.

posted on Jan, 10 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
In the event that a possible zombie epidemic ever occurs i would just like to say that however you are prepared or whatever you do to try and survive it, eventualy you,Me and everyone would be *snip*!.
You would inherit a dirty diseased planet constantly on the run from the undead and in most cases your own government trying to stamp out the infected.You would be constantly suspicious of other bands of survivors trying to take what little you have.Wherever you barricaded yourself you would be besieged by hundreds maybe thousands of the undead that would never sleep or get tired of waiting for you to pop your heads outside.On the Psychological side of things how would you cope with killing your own family members who are about to turn?.How would you cope with the smell of the millions of undead rotting away or dealing with the diseases that they carry?.The list goes on and on.The main problem with the human body is the fact that it requires,Food,Clothes,Warmth,sleep and companionship.In a world dominated by the undead these commodities would be very hard to find, maintain and hold onto..The problem with a scenario such as this contains an important fact."How would you realy act if you suddenly woke up in the morning to a Zombie infested planet?." "Would you realy go into RAMBO mode without battering an eyelid?." "Or would you be just as frightened,horrified and as disbelieving of it all as the next living person standing next to you?." It *snip* me up just thinking about it all.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Sun Jan 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well, in my current location there's the armory about a mile away with six armored hummers sitting out front, that would be my first stop.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If the typical slow,stupid zombies invaded I would have a good couple weeks. I have a very good underground shelter that my grandpa spent almost a hundred thousand dollars on during the cold war. Circulating water system,filtered air,and a blast door. I would just stick my whole family in that and grab my rifle and play games with the mo' fo's. Seriously, it would almost be fun.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have been a huge fan of zombie movies since I was a kid. My brother and I watched them constantly. I now have a zombie movie collection that rivals anyone I know. But......

I cant understand something here.... My brother, who is now in the Army Special Forces serving over-seas, has had dreams of zombie outbreaks actually occurring for real. Hes had these dreams for so long now, that he actually has a plan formulated in the event that it does happen. He constantly ammends his plan, depending on where in the world he is stationed. I dont think he 'really' believes that this will happen, but nontheless stills plans for it.

I have never actually thought to myself, 'this is a possibility. I need to plan for this.' The idea of zombies is really cool, but hardly something that we need to worry about.

Now dont get me wrong here, I'm all for planning for the worst and hoping for the best, but come on! I have been slowly gathering 'supplies' for years, and reading books, learning from people, taking classes, all to prepair for the eventuality that my existance will change. I have been an avid outdoorsman, hunting, fishing, camping, shooting, ect. my WHOLE life...........and out of all of the possibilities for an enormus event of change that would require the use of these skills, a zombie out break is on the bottom of my list, if on the list at all.

All of the time and effort spent on reasearching what you should do in the event of a zombie infestation, could be spent learning survivalist techniques that would 'actually' help you in a real life situation.

Please forgive me if I've misunderstood the purpose of this thread. If it's all for fun and entertainment, then have at it. But if anyone is actually worried about zombies becoming real...........please try to think rationally.

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Think rationally?

If you add up the types of people who are literally zombies and live everyday based on what they are told to do by religion or philosophy or politic the reality is your already living in a world full of zombies and you ARE walking around everyday pretending to be one of them so they don't kill you or worse.

This is what i find life to be like mainly, might has well have my arms out because I have to dress and behave and conform to a system that will eat my brains if I don't comply and blend in

So as I see it, I'm already living in the zombie scenario

As for "real" zombies

It can happen it's a serious thread... there are a variety of plausible scenarios without ruling out that there are things we don't understand as well and if the concept exists then so does the possibility

Frankly though... it would be an improvement

posted on Jan, 15 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ok, metaphorically, your living in a world of zombies....I get it.

But saying that just because you can think of it, gives it more chance of actually happening, is just plain not true.

Are you telling us that just because we can imagine something fantastical, that it then has a basis for being possible? Sounds a little far fetched, but ok. Lets say your right.

Explain to us how you 'know' that it's possible for an actual zombie outbreak to occur. Dont get me wrong, I'd be just as excited as anyone here if it were possible. Living a zombie movie! That would be awesome! But the reality is that it will never happen that way. Sorry.

posted on Jan, 17 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
Ok, metaphorically, your living in a world of zombies....I get it.

But saying that just because you can think of it, gives it more chance of actually happening, is just plain not true.

Are you telling us that just because we can imagine something fantastical, that it then has a basis for being possible? Sounds a little far fetched, but ok. Lets say your right.

Explain to us how you 'know' that it's possible for an actual zombie outbreak to occur. Dont get me wrong, I'd be just as excited as anyone here if it were possible. Living a zombie movie! That would be awesome! But the reality is that it will never happen that way. Sorry.

Never happen that way? Have you ever seen 28 days later? There is a virus that has been around for thousands of years that causes the same effects as the rage virus from the movie. Ever heard of RABIES? If not treated early it causes the victim to go into uncontrolable rage and attack any living thing it see's. Hows that for your "not possible"?

posted on Jan, 20 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anuubis

OK anuubis, I see you have a flare for the dramatic. Firstly, yes, I have seen 28 days later, and no, that has absolutely no relavance to the topic. 28 days later is A MOVIE. Not real. Second, RABIES does not turn you into the walking dead, craving human flesh. Agression is one symptom in a long list of symptoms that a person MAY OR MAY NOT get from the virus.

The fact is, with rabies your more likely to have flu-like symptoms first, and by the time you notice these things, you'd soon die from it. You wouldnt see any symptoms for 2-12 weeks AFTER exposure, and once you begin having symptoms, you have anywhere between 24-72 hours before you DIE.

You definately dont have to worry about RABIES naturally becoming the T-Virus, or monkey rage.

The truth is, that there is not anything that we know of that naturally exists in our world today that would cause the dead to rise from their graves. Or turn perfectly normal people into flesh hungry crazies that chase you through London.

The only real possibility I can strech my mind to think of, is an engineered virus. It is pretty likely that we humans could intentionally create a virus that could turn people into some sort of zombies, considering the advances we've made in the last 5-10 years.

But someone intentionally making a virus like that, would probably not be too high on the list. Engineered viruses are made to be good quality killers, decicive and deadly.

I applaud your imagination, though. Bravo!

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Hello i live in Australia and i don't have access to assault rifles and Walmart and that. But what i have found is that living on a property is very handy when it comes to surviving a zombie invasion and having access to a large transport truck ( Rual fire truck) and generator which i have covered also. I have also found that a sharp samurai sword works well because it is designed to cut things off. And if you have enough people you should raid your nearest major city or major town for food survivors etc. and you would be one of the first rescued if it is isolated to your area and as for roofs they a good if you can supplies up to you if not your screwed but in Australia i have found it would be very hard for us to survive a zombie outbreak because of our strict laws and pussy government and also try and have fellow survivers with you cause thje loneliness can drive you to insanity

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by treemanx
reply to

OK anuubis, 28 days later is A MOVIE. Not real. Second, RABIES does not turn you into the walking dead.

No you have to become a republican to join the walking dead

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by treemanx

First of all, i know it's a movie and not real. I was just using it as a basic reference to what happens with rabies. And my point was(i guess i should have illiterated) that with simple genetic modification they could cause rabies to basically become the rage virus.

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Northern Raider

I'm not "the walking dead". I am a Republican. The Democrats we now have in office want us to be the walking dead though.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

# you, you dumb #in piece of #, fire is awsome.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join