It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They make .22 caliber ammo that does not use any gun powder but still has a velocity that is comparable to a traditional .22 round and they make almost NO SOUND. I know a .22 is not the correct ammo to use if your planning to kill zombies but it is powerful enough to bring down small game and you could easily sit at a high elevation and pick them off all day long without stirring them up from the sound.

The best weapon would be to group up with others and build structures that keep them out plus use elevation to your advantage. I would probably choose a high rise building then secure lower floors so they could not get up to our camp. Then I would spend all day picking them off from the roof tops.

On my person weapons would be pistols and a baseball bat and although I don't have arms like barrels OP I know for a fact that my swing is hard enough to crack a zombie skull..
edit on 18-6-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
While I doubt a .22 would be a good weapon in a Zombie Apocalypse, it is what I currently have in my BOB. The big reason? Ammo. I can put a TON of .22 ammo in the bag...way more than any other firearm. (also, I already had the gun).

Like you mentioned, they aren't too noisy (I'd even say my Paintball marker is louder). If headshots are the way to go though, the .22 isn't going to be incredibly useful there.

Then again, the main weapon in such a situation is your FEET...get the heck away from the zombies.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Zombies have never really been my thing but wouldn't a flesh melting acid like fluorosulfuric acid do the trick? Like if you put it in a bomb, gathered some zombies, and threw it on them from the top of a building? It would be even more corrosive if you added antimony pentaflouride....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I love this subject, secretly we all want this to Happen, I've got my theories on how this will happen, so I've got my plans to survive.

Who knows what experiments they get up to.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Kind of fun to revisit this thread after so many years.

I'm in such a different situation these days...

For starters, I'll change the stance on headshots with the .22 Sure, penetration is an issue, but if I do, the bullet will rattle around in the skull, scrambling the brain goo.

Firstly i love how everyone talks like this is a distinct possability.

Really, it's no different than any other contagion. A virulent strain of rabies would be a good analogy (like the Rage virus in 28 Days)...

Now, I live on a ranch, we have layers of fencing, at least two to get to the house, three in some cases. This is because we have and board horses, so keeps them contained. We have a well for water, and septic for waste, so fairly self-contained there. We'll be growing crops, and planting more fruit trees (and berry bushes). Plus, we keep chickens (havent' bought eggs in years), and bunnies (pets now, but they breed like crazy if we need them to). If the zombies come, we should manage OK....

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
A zombie outbreak will be done in a week, if the weather is warm.

The "undead" are corpses. And corpses draw flies. And they decay in the heat/humidity.

We bury the dead to slow down the decay. Zombies above ground will rapidly decay. You lose hundreds of skin cells with every movement of your body. Zombie bodies are no longer replacing old cells---they'll collapse in a few days.

Just lay low for a week, maybe two, max.

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

Except everyone won't turn at the same time. (and it really depends on the contagion...may not be "dead", may be more like the Rage virus).

A 2 week old zombie bites someone, now it's another 2 weeks, and so on, and so on, exponentially......

posted on Mar, 16 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
fair enough.

One of the problems I've always had with the "Walking Dead" type zombie, is, how can they turn other people into zombies if they eat brains at the same time. you'd kill the ones you are trying to convert.

Most really dangerous epidemic diseases use humans for only part of the parasite life cycle.

A zombie virus is much more of a threat than the undead. Especially if the virus could be airborne.

Pleasant dreams.

posted on Mar, 18 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
On walking dead, they mostly eat flesh, not brains specifically. Most humans really just get bitten. The ones that get eaten are when they are surrounded. So plenty of zombie fodder keeps being made.

Still, in ANY scenario, the number of zombies would only DECREASE after enough people found safety. This is even in more of a disease scenario, like the rage virus. If infected folks can't care for themselves, they'll die of numerous causes and thin the numbers.

It's the initial (we don't know what's going on) stage where the most would be infected, and be the most dangerous.

I envision the "zombie apocalypse" as being more like a very strong strain of rabies, versus animated corpses.

posted on Apr, 11 2016 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Go circumnavigate the globe a few times on a sailboat (tons to choose from) and periodically make land fall ever so often to confirm if "zombies" are still a walking dead problem or not.

The ocean has everything you need as long as you have a good water maker and of course cisterns, purifiers, and plenty of cocktail sauce.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join