Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
They make .22 caliber ammo that does not use any gun powder but still has a velocity that is comparable to a traditional .22 round and they make almost NO SOUND. I know a .22 is not the correct ammo to use if your planning to kill zombies but it is powerful enough to bring down small game and you could easily sit at a high elevation and pick them off all day long without stirring them up from the sound.

The best weapon would be to group up with others and build structures that keep them out plus use elevation to your advantage. I would probably choose a high rise building then secure lower floors so they could not get up to our camp. Then I would spend all day picking them off from the roof tops.

On my person weapons would be pistols and a baseball bat and although I don't have arms like barrels OP I know for a fact that my swing is hard enough to crack a zombie skull..
edit on 18-6-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
While I doubt a .22 would be a good weapon in a Zombie Apocalypse, it is what I currently have in my BOB. The big reason? Ammo. I can put a TON of .22 ammo in the bag...way more than any other firearm. (also, I already had the gun).

Like you mentioned, they aren't too noisy (I'd even say my Paintball marker is louder). If headshots are the way to go though, the .22 isn't going to be incredibly useful there.

Then again, the main weapon in such a situation is your FEET...get the heck away from the zombies.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Zombies have never really been my thing but wouldn't a flesh melting acid like fluorosulfuric acid do the trick? Like if you put it in a bomb, gathered some zombies, and threw it on them from the top of a building? It would be even more corrosive if you added antimony pentaflouride....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I love this subject, secretly we all want this to Happen, I've got my theories on how this will happen, so I've got my plans to survive.

Who knows what experiments they get up to.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join