It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Hey Gradius,I happen to live in a small town in B.C, but the only problem is that it is just 3 hrs from a major city, which poses pros as well as cons.

Pro- small enough community that would be well stocked as well as knowing some residents are hunters, so no shortage of food.

Pro- only 3 main entrances in and out of town.One way east, one way west and one way south.

Con- with only 3 ways in and out of town, the bad part will be people fleeing from east to west so the highway would be beyond jammed.

Con-the south direction goes right to the U.S border, again, the highway would be packed.

Pro- I can high-tail my ass into the mountains if I need to.

Con- hunters may think I'm one the undead and shoot my ass lol.

Pro- I have the skills to survive in the bush (building a shelter, finding food and water)

It's a short list but the more I think about it the more I will come up with.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One more thing I would like to add is that since all is quiet right now, I can drive to the nearest city and stock up on my gear and supplies and prepare. I'm currently working as a maintenance worker at a motel so having a building maintenance course under you're belt is an asset.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blade The Hunter
One more thing I would like to add is that since all is quiet right now, I can drive to the nearest city and stock up on my gear and supplies and prepare. I'm currently working as a maintenance worker at a motel so having a building maintenance course under you're belt is an asset.

Your survival skills will save you no matter what happens, you are one of the few who will always be okay unless of course you do something silly or just run into bad luck
. The mountains are going to be the best strongholds, the zombie presence would be the absolute strongest in large cities like Vancouver B.C. and Seattle. So naturally anything East of Vancouver or further North of Whistler would be good.

Communities like the queen charlottes in the north would never see the zombie invasion and they are completely self sustaining except for fuel.

Zombies cannot swim or climb mountains very well.

I have read in multiple zombie lore's that the immediate time of infection is a zombies most dangerous moments, they become more and more useless/damaged by the day, gravity eventually pulls them apart. So all you need to do to survive the hard time in a situation like this is find a stable communtiy that is self sustaining and live there for 4-5 years, by that time it has completely set in and begun to stabilize.

Obviously there would still be a threat, but I think the sea's of zombies that would have originated in the cities would be a past scenario.

Eventually groups could return to claim the oil production of Alberta/Texas (If it ever fell) and eventually take back the cities that we're lost to the virus in the beginning.

Always remember, the beginning of any outbreak is the most dangerous.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That is so very true. In the beginning of an outbreak, there will be chaos everywhere. Living in a large city such as Vancouver, those living in the inner areas would have little or no chance of being able to flee, even in a moderately sized city such as Regina Sk ( where I'm from originaly) the residents there would be unable to get out, except those living on the edge of the city limits. In rural communities that are a few km's away from Regina, the people would stand a better chance because of their small size, and since most of them are farmers, they would be able to grow all their own food.

posted on Sep, 27 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blade The Hunter

that's kind of the cool thing about rural communities; they are pretty damned escapeable

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Hole up and hold on till mid winter. Simply throw their frozen corpses into the fire. The worst place to be if a zombie outbreak ever happened would be those areas that never freeze.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeenMyShare
Hole up and hold on till mid winter. Simply throw their frozen corpses into the fire. The worst place to be if a zombie outbreak ever happened would be those areas that never freeze.

Too true brother too true.

Zombies have no pulse, no heat source of their own, they would turn into a block of ice within 4 hours of any temperatures below -1 would they not?

Surely even almost freezing weather should slow them down at least.

Interesting concepts to consider, I guess the northern canada provinces would be damned safe into winter.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
All I have to say is-

Blades don't need reloading.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sikmike620
All I have to say is-

Blades don't need reloading.

This is an awesome fact.

I will star that,

-g

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
wouldn't zombies be attracted to heat in cold weather? just a thought. oh and realism aside, has anybody ever thought of necromancy as a possibility? if so where would be the most likely place to harbor such a necromancer?

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
wouldn't zombies be attracted to heat in cold weather? just a thought. oh and realism aside, has anybody ever thought of necromancy as a possibility? if so where would be the most likely place to harbor such a necromancer?

I'm sure necromancers of modern day dont require any type of special harboring, they could be working at your local supermarket for all we know or living in a castle in england squandering an inheritance that allows them to engage in affairs like necromancer.

But if I had to guess, I would say a necromancer would reside in old world settings like Europe, Africa or England.

Forbidden lost knowledge does not venture far from its origins.

-G

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

I'd have to disagree with a human having the advantage, even in 1 on 1 melee combat.

The zombie never gets tired
Just one drop of zombie blood getting in eyes, ears, nose, mouth, open wound, etc., and now you're one of them.
The zombie feels no pain
You don't scare the zombie

The human only has his speed and intellect to save him. This helps, but I'm not so sure it trumps all of the above factors. Even ONE zombie is indeed something you don't want to melee with. Get it at a distance, and from somewhere it can't get you.

The best advice in any zombie encounter would always be the same.

GET AWAY FROM THE ZOMBIES

That should be your primary goal if you want to survive. I'd wager that very few engaging in melee with zombies will live to tell the tale. (at least for long, as they'll likely be infected during the struggle).

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You'll have to find fresh clothes often in this case, can't be running around covered in zombie blood.

Perhaps the first stop should be a Chevy dealership and then a thrift store for a stack of fresh jeans and t's.

mmm Leather jacket would make a liquid barrier against the zombie.

But then again, I'm thinking PCV clothing is the best for liquid protection. Lets fight zombies with these ladies, they are prepared.

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I just have to say that getting in melee range of a zombie would be my absolute LAST idea (probably literally)...
Even if you kill it (or them), with all of that blood flying around, there's a damn good chance you'll be infected afterwards.

All these zombie movies always show our heroes with all this zombie blood on them. Yeah, so what happens when they absent-mindedly wipe the sweat from their eyes? Oops....

posted on Oct, 7 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

shouldnt it be hard and coagulated after a few weeks?

Fresh zombies must be the higher risk when considering the blood?

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Maybe, but since all we can do is speculate about zombie physiology.....we can only guess about it. Maybe the blood inside isn't (and then gets sprayed when a zombie hunter takes its head off?).

I just know for me that the best place to be when fighting a zombie is up out of reach and away, and using a distance weapon (preferably with lots of friends, armed the same way).

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
if for any reason i would have to be mobile, i would use a lot of incendiary devices, a spear would be useful, or a bayonet on the end of a rifle. if you run out of ammo you have the bayonet until you can reload your spent shell casings.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
well you forgot 1 important detail... that being the cause of zombification. A zombie is an infected individual. An individual that was bitten, bled on, *giggles* kissed... is infected with a highly complex smart-cell that undergoes mitosis without apoptosis (much like cancer). Then slowly killing it's host. After the host has deceased, the cells spread out to act as axons to connect nerves and make movements, while some act as preservatives to keep the host from rotting, others do things such as work like sensory nerves, even mimic thought. while a zombie's "thoughts" are rough and sketchy, they are the bare minimum to keep the host in animation and running order, such as food or water.

so there is my 2 cents hope you enjoyed it.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sikmike620

all i can say is your arms are gonna get tired after a few zombies.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Agreed, I would treat it the same as any other infectious disease, period! In the dream there were very few that did not succumb and really it was not too difficult to fight them but almost impossible not to come into contact with their cough, blood, sputum or other bodily deification processes.

I didnt think I even thought about zombies, but I guess deep down I must see it as a short lived possibility...

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join