It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I've Always been a Zombie Fan , I have all of the Romero films and variants on DVD. I Play Left 4 Dead & Deadrising on 360. I thought I had it all figured out... THEN last week I read World War Z on a long flight I was on. It scared the PISS OUTTA ME
If you enjoy zombie ANYTHING you gotta read this book.

SO Hypothetically If The Zed's came to town I would have my Wife strap up the kids into the Landrover and I'd be hanging out of the front sunroof with the SAR-1 sending 123 grains of 7.62x39 goodness downrange on the way to Costco.

posted on Aug, 13 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Hell yeah, Left 4 Dead is one crazy game... especially when you first find the runway at the end of the airport mission. That poor 737

It looks like you've survived and then you see the tactical nuke arch over head heading for the city centre. . . How pi**ed off would you feel then?

Please do not assume my emotions. What is the point of losing my emotions if I know that death is inevitable? It would be my final moments so I would act the way I want to act. To be honest, I'd probably laugh the deep dark laugh of irony.

Surely you would have to give a warning? Perhaps someone with a loud speaker in a low flying helicopter could tell of the governments intentions to nuke the city. . ? Maybe tell any survivors below where pick up points are located so that they can be saved. . . You have to give survivors a chance- don't you?

Obviously a nuke would not be used unannounced. It would probably be all over the TV, radio, internet, loudspeakers, whatever means to warn the people within the city. They would probably even give a deadline to escape too.

This is a survival situation, dude. It's not about saving any of the unknown amount of survivors because the government doesn't know if there are even any left. The only thing on the government's mind is what can they do to contain the outbreak and the only viable option is to bomb it all to hell. Radiation? Thousands of dead survivors who couldn't escape? It means nothing when compared to how far the infection can spread if it is not contained in the early stages.

A destroyed city is a much better option than a destroyed country. If this ever happened in real life, then I guess you ney-sayers will just have to break down and cry at the necessary actions of the people who have the job to take care of the problem.

You can't combat zombies head to head, because one bite from the "New zombie" (28 weeks infected type.) is all it takes. Even a bit of their blood getting into your system.

Obviously we have very different experience in zombies. I have confidence in my experience and training when it comes to survival and that's all you really need to survive. The moment you start believing that you will not survive, you die.

And you know what? I'd rather be fighting zombies on the streets of a city than armed soldiers in far away lands. It is programmed in every human that a zombie is something that should either be avoided or destroyed at all costs. Some people are pussies who prefer to run away, some people have the training and mindset to stand and fight. Sometimes you even have some people who've lived in the city far too long and they just break down and cry in a corner... I'd probably just shoot these people too since they'll end up as zombies anyway (mostly kidding)

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
i'm just saying but it would appear you guys have forgotten about crazy people because after you've managed to keep your sanity what about those who haven't

posted on Aug, 17 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyhobo
i'm just saying but it would appear you guys have forgotten about crazy people because after you've managed to keep your sanity what about those who haven't

Correct! And what about looters and those who have taken to the road in an effort to survive? As far as I'm concerned the first thing to do if this scenario ever occured (and lets face it-it's not!) would be to get away from the big cities and populated areas. The next would be to find somewhere to hold up, or perhaps steal a motorhome! And the next would be to find a farmhouse where I may get my hands on a shotgun.

Because of our strict gun laws it would be far harder to survive than what it would be for Americans.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
LOL. Love this thread! I suppose it all depends where you are when the outbreak takes place and how much warning you have in order to prepare. If you are out in the middle of nowhere sat in your armoured fortress caressing your 12 guage then your pretty well sorted. If, on the other hand, you are wandering in your pajamas down to the shops for some milk and a zombie lunges out of the bushes to chew your face off you may experience some issues.

Living in the UK pretty much dictates you wont be reaching for the M4 and the 100 round drum magazine. Our government doesnt look too favourably on the population being armed to the teeth just in case the undead decide to come to town. I have therefore come to the conclusion you would need to have three separate plans of action.

One, you will need a 'safehouse', a place stocked with essentials (food, clothing, water and medical equipment) that is isolated, sturdy and in an advantagious location (high above sea level with good 360 degree views). This will be the place you intend to end up after the outbreak, unless you are allready there.

Two, you will need an appropriate method of transport, just in case you are not in your safehouse. Something quiet but speedy like a mountine bike (needs no fuel) or a horse. Horses have been used throughout history in war and seem to cope fairly well in frightening situations. Also, once you have reached your safehouse you could kill the horse for food so you no longer have to look after it. A tad harch perhaps but the situation is dire!

Three, you will need to be physically fit, know basic self defence and be constantly wary for the undead menace that could strike at any time! If you are caught unawares then you need to get you prefered method of transport fast so as to get to your safehouse.

If for any reason the outbreak occurs when you are on holiday or miles away from your preffered safehouse then count yourself unlucky, steel yourself mentally, crank up the metal, find a big stick (baseball bat if your in the US or a cricket bat if in the UK) and go out swinging, with dignity and with words of your forefathers on your lips.

In the words of one of the extras at the beginning of the film 'Robin Hood: Prince of thievs' - 'FOR ENGLAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!'

posted on Dec, 1 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i would probably use katana for melee weapon because it can cut flesh with ease so you can decapitate zombies with it the only problem would be finding one
i was amazed that no one has suggested it already (unless i missed it)

posted on Dec, 2 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHazz81

Reading this amusing thread , I mustadmit I've often thought about a ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE
( man I must've been bored).
My work place is about as safe as you can get. If one should happen everyone head to the Bank of England.
High walls, 20 metres high, no windows. 7 floors above ground 3 below, thick walls, thick doors, no chance for zombies to get in,
High enough to shoot ropes through to the adjacent buildings should you need to explore the area, of course by tthe time they find you, you'v already planned what needs to be done .
As I feel the Zombie hordes would congregate round the building once they find out your in there, your biggest challenge is to not kill the ones by the walls as the ones behind could use them as a step that gets higher.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
for me a katana and a wakizashi against the rotted slower moving undead would suffice greatly. faster moving undead would bring the zombie count down to an acceptable amount to escape. based on the premise that zombies can't use weapons, i would say that the nearest military base would be my next stop. after getting past the infected soldiers, i would steal an m-60 with many ammo cases, an m-16 with one of those grenade launchers on it (anybody see scarface? might be an ar 15 i don't remember) a hummer with a minigun on top of it, some rpg's, a few cases of hand grenades, and if there was a b.a.r. i'd take it instead of the m-16. after the army base, i'd go to my friends house, tell him to come with me to costco, backtrack to my trailer with a pound of weed and a couple of vending machines. the advantage of a trailer is that it's a smaller space in which one can self destruct and you can board it up quicker. also with a back deck you can make a promising machine gun nest as well as the front porch.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith

you know napalm can take care of the zombies having an extra step. just don't get the brickd too hot!

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

edit on 13-9-2010 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Most of these rules would change if a 28 days later type scenario happened and I actually think that would be more likely to happen as a virus that would destroy higher brain functions and the virus takes over the host.

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Id infuse my dna with the zombie dna and become the daywalker.

edit on 14-9-2010 by rajaten because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i would find a tall building, have friends with m-60s miniguns, rpgs and assorted small arms defend while i crank up my marshall fullstack, and rock out with my band and let the zombies come to me while i orchestrate the zombie mowdown with such classic hits as "monolith" "bloodlands" and other cannibal corpse favorites

CX

posted on Sep, 14 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I have just purchased this....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c8fd70667873.jpg[/atsimg]

Written by Sean Page (who very kindly let me use the front cover as my avatar), this book is about surviving a zombie apocalypse in the UK.

Should be fun.

My zombie plan at the moment roughly involves me feeding them my homemade cake.....a work in progress trying to get the recipe right, it's the most deadly thing i have in the house.

Failing that, i'll set the kids on the walking dead.

CX.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
hmmmmmmmmmmm very nice thread(s)
id survive and this is gonna sound stupid but...take a mini gun go far out of newyork sh@#load of ammo lure them out and let fly with the sukas!lol and have a choppa ready to go in a blink if needed
im not realy the "ninja" type of person im the guy that if he fails he nukes it

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockoperawriter
i would find a tall building, have friends with m-60s miniguns, rpgs and assorted small arms defend while i crank up my marshall fullstack, and rock out with my band and let the zombies come to me while i orchestrate the zombie mowdown with such classic hits as "monolith" "bloodlands" and other cannibal corpse favorites

lol id come to the concert
the only alive "fan"

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrHazz81

nooooooooo it woudnt be "for england" if you where from the usa itd be more of "LEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

posted on Sep, 25 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
This is very interesting lol

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I was reading my copy of Max Brook's book The Zombie Survival Guide and in the section with some of the reported attacks throughout history I read something a bit odd.

Back in the early 60's some Russian military personnel captured a supposed zombie project from a project called 'Black Dragon'. According to the records, this is considered fact and it states the Russian military was or is creating an army of the undead for the inevitable 3rd World War (pge.226). Maybe this is the reason Russia is so friendly these past number of years.

posted on Sep, 26 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
When considering a zombie invasion these are the things that come to mind for me.

Get out of the city - Obviously millions of zombies are a major issue to survival

Find a small town - preferably population of a couple thousand - there would be lots of food and supplies but not enough zombies that a strong and well equiped team couldn't handle.

If the town is secure, prepare evacuation routes and supplies, establish communication with other stable groups.

The best way to survive a zombie invasion in my opinion is to establish a road warrior nomadic community, a permanent camp will not work indefinitely unless it is a babylonian fortress fully armed and supplied from underground networks and even then you may have to abandon it after it has attracted a sea of zombies.

Mobility is the key, Healing is your advantage.

Love this post so far, its always interesting to consider these possible scenario's...who knows, it may happen

Blessings,

-G

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join