It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving a Zombie Outbreak

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by majormojo500

Son I tried to star your post but since we are on the same comp it was a glitch in the matrix. How did you learn so much so soon in life about zombies?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is: what if the zombie virus evolves? I mean, look at the common cold! It's evolving so constantly that scientists can't even find a cure for it! And I don't mean that the virus' evolution is gonna be huge like those zed from left4dead. If we're going by the generic zombies (you know: slow, stupid, somewhat strong, and constantly moaning?) what if they evolved to be smarter(ex. learning how to use weapons, figuring out weak spots in barricades/armor/etc., figuring out how to lure people into traps or ambushes, learning how to climb, and so on.), faster, stronger, or if they became inhumanly tough?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
When surviving the zombie outbreak it is important to travel in teams of 3-10. Use close and long range weapons like shotguns and melee, sniper rifles and assault rifles. Get a vehicle that runs off gasoline so that you can sifen gas from other cars. Also use weapons that you can find amo for easily such as 12 guage shotguns and police pistals and military rifles.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (CDND)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Find a fortified location with access to water.

* Old gas station.... dig trench fill with oil/gas/diesel.. fire moat.

*Light long range hunting rifles would be easier than highly coveted military gear. .223, .270, even .22lr.
Use hollowpoints, and aim for the head. ( anyone that says a .22 with cci stingers ammo doesnt have stopping power doesnt know how to shoot..
It will leave a 2" exit hole in a white tail deer skull at 50 yards).

* Seek higher ground.. It's much easier to fight "down" on your oponnent than up a hill.

* Position old cars/truck to use a crushing rolling weapons.

* When ammo gets low, work in pairs.. #1 uses a pitchfork to hold them, while #2 person does the nasty with an axe/machette,sword, big knife....etc...

* Pray to your deity that the " Infected" are not in fast moving packs like the ones in 28 days later.
If they are we are screwed.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68
Find a fortified location with access to water.

* Old gas station.... dig trench fill with oil/gas/diesel.. fire moat.

Diesel will not burn in an open environment.
Sincerly,
CPL Sabastian Sears (Canadian Armed Fources Vehicle Techncian)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
this thread is too long has has too many holes in it just like a hollywood zombie flick.

Zombies lack the ability to use items (tools, weapons, door handles, etc).

stay inside and lock your doors

then the if it jumps to species cats dogs birds is important in alot of zombie movies i have watched this has happened.

have peoplenever heard of a silencer? buy one on make your own or use the famous 2 liter taped to a gun cliche.

i dont get some posters in a imaginative thread that lacks any real imagination.

plenty of ways to kill zombies and no the aclu wouldnt care or the might and be screaming bloody racists.

hell they are dead and dead people have no rights.

fire and in the walking dead in atanta they blocked off the streets and could have hearded them into an alley and tossed gasoline or rained lead down from an elevated position.

with the number of people "infected" there are quite literally a million ways to die.

flame throwers are easy to make can of hairspray or buy windshield wiper concentrate and goto walmart and buy a squirt gun and light it bam you got one.

thermite is another easy thing to make if you know how and yeah that instructions are on youtube for the serious effect .

hell making napalm is easy anyone can make it in a matter of minutes,

even making molotov cocktails is just as easy and the above.

keep changing the bar in a zombie thread wow sorry that is bad as a b zombie movie.

when all else fails goto police station grab all the weapons and ammo around or a military base and yeah there will be guns and ammo laying around plenty of it.

dont want to do that or cant do that other alternatives exist in what i call the "grand theft auto road kill" scenarios.

construction equipment,combines,tractors,garbage trucks,semis. and my personal favorites apcs and tanks.

there are any number of ways to send zombies to the makers.

use your imaginations.

**thats one of the things that upset me about the walking dead lots of miltary vehicles and weapons were laying around and it was like meh so what keep walking **

edit on 21-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by therealwolf90

You've never ignited a diesel soaked rag?
it most certainly will ignite and burn.

BadNinja68 - 43 year old Redneck with much experience.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Can we call the Federal Vampire and Zombie Agency?

www.fvza.org...

Thx for the info and I am ready!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
oh how will we know if we have been infected by a zombie?

and we haven't had a zombie outbreak for a while now...so perhaps we are due for one?

posted on Nov, 19 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
yes but i think we're due for a zombie plague from a necromancer instead of a chemical biological warfare kick. not like army of darkness but more like an undead necromancer.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thelibra

Unless a person is a trained sharpshooter it's not that easy to get a head shot on a moving target either. The average citizen is not. I know Im not. My weapon of choice would be a machete if I have access to one-otherwise a piece of pipe to hit them with and the makings for molotov coctails-but my main one would be evasion until I could get with a group of survivors
Also since zombies are dead and therefore not digesting their food wouldnt eventually after a few meals they'd be swelling up-they'd still be decomposing so depending on the climate and time of year of the outbreak it probably wouldnt take long for them to basically fall apart-they'd be exposed to elements one would assume they'd still be vulnerable to maggots etc

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
These guys in Japan are trained at a young age.

Japan...

posted on Jun, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Has anyone mentioned anything about surviving with children? Or, assuming tha a small pocket of humans create a strong hold against them, how would one continue the population? How do you keep a new mother and baby safe?

posted on Jun, 9 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SephirothsChild15

yeah id suggest keeping things clean and as sterile as possible. its up to you as paernt of a baby to decide when and where to learn how to kill a zombie. try age 7 through 9 to give them the zombie talk and also the story of crom

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The more i think of getting that perfect head shot, or trying kill a brain thats protected by a very hardskull....i think that if i was close enough to have to engage a zombie, i'd want a heavy machete to take a leg off.

No legs...no chase

Then again, i guess that applies to the neck too. So yeah, a sweeping blow to take the legs or head off rather than go for the smaller target of the brain.

If someone else wants to finish them off then all the best to them....i'll be long gone.....probably changing my shorts

CX.

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
They won't come here as I have already sent them a warning through the zombie underground.
I am feared as a zombie killer king.

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it's been suggested in the many pages of responses however I feel that a well trained archer with a bow and arrow is the best solution. It fulfills a majority if not all of the requirements of avoiding the herds and has enough stopping power to render the zombies inert. An arrow with a proper broadhead has the same killing capacity as a 30-06. It has a limited range but a good archer should be able to hit the zombie in the head from 60 - 70 yards. Plus they are QUIET. Zombies are naturally inquisitive to their surroundings regardless of their corpse like actions and looks. If you drop one at the end of the herd the others will be attracted to it while you and your group slip past unnoticed. Of course it is a very good idea to have at least 1 person packing some serious heat if you need to let a bunch of bullets fly to subdue a herd.

HSR
edit on 12-6-2012 by HellstormRising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

You'd have to be more than just a GOOD archer. You'd have to be pretty damned good.

Not only that, but hard to carry a ton of arrows. I'll agree that the silence is an awesome factor, but really, this would only be good for taking out lone zombies. The rate of fire, and limited ammo, means you really need to concentrate on the best defense against zombies... DISTANCE

I seriously doubt we'd ever face zombies that are reanimated corpses. (and if we did, we'd be lucky...) Why? Because they wouldn't hold up very well, or be very capable of attacking. A corpse is a fragile thing.

No, I'm more worried about a Rage-like virus ala 28 Days, or maybe a mutated strain of Rabies like in Quarantine. That would scare me a LOT more than a bunch of walking corpses. Some recent attacks in the news, blamed on drugs, are more in line with what I'd fear on a massive scale. At least with these, you don't have to get it in the head...just need to put enough in 'em to make 'em stop!

posted on Jun, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
i would probably go around the jewelry shops, pawn shops and collect diamonds to reload shotgun shells

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

I wouldn't, you wouldn't be firing that gun too many more times...

Besides, a regular shell would do just fine.

My main rule # 1 would be to simply put some distance between me and any zombies. With distance, I have options. Up close, all it takes (under most zombie ideas) is one drop of infected blood, and no need to fight them anymore.

These movies where people are hacking off heads....just movies. In reality, they'd have gotten some diseased blood in their eyes, nose, mouth, ears, etc. when it sprayed all over, and soon they too would be what they were just fighting!

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join