It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miah

Originally posted by Realtruth
I want to point out some basics on the UFO at O'hare.

Some reports, people and groups believe it might be a experimental US government craft.

Now why would the US government that covers up almost everything experimental, including area 51 want to bring one of its top secret crafts and hover over one the the worlds busiest airports?

It is clear that it was a craft, whether alien or human made. Neither would have reason to purposely hover over O'Hare just to be seen.

I can only speculate that the pilot either forgot to turn on the cloaking, or it was not working and they didn't realize it until people were looking at them.
I'm also thinking in those lanes. The UFO was spotted just below the cloud level, right? Well what if UFOs use some kinda penetrating technology to watch what's outside the windowless craft itself, a technology that could possibly penetrate airborne moisture also known as clouds as well? This way whatever was controlling the UFO wouldn't be aware that it was being observed, and just base the fact that it was still concealed on... well, clearly faulty information. Maybe it thought it was in the clouds based on external moisture compositions, we all know it can be plenty moist out and not necessarily mean that there's clouds/mist involved.

This also correlates to My and many other UFO sightings. The UFOs behavior seems to be based upon the fact that they think they're invisible but in fact are not so. The UFO I saw was heading in straight over a city of 100.000 people, but seemingly suddenly realized either this or the fact that they weren't in full cloaking mode (I was able to see it after all) and decided to make a swift turn to avoid any other witnesses than...... me.

This make sense to anyone?

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Drexon]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 01:06 PM
link   
It is possible, I guess, that this WAS a Govt. object and it was intentionally brought out into the public as an expirament in public responce or a drill in suppresion of media or something. I am starting to wonder if this even really happened though, since time keeps going by and still no photos or video or anything has surfaced. And what about all the other people at the airport that day who should have seen it? where are they? All I have heard about are some employees for one airline. Could they have been TOLD to say they saw this?

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
great article. thanks for posting it. cant believe nobody got a cameraphone pic of it tho.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Interesting...in this (complaint) report, Davenport mentions there is a cell phone pic of the object, that they are trying to obtain...

NUFORC Note: Witness elects to remain totally anonymous; provides no contact information. The object was captured with a cell telephone camera. We are attempting to obtain a copy. PD

www.nuforc.org...

here's the other full reports, which have more detail than the articles...(if not posted already)....

www.nuforc.org...
www.nuforc.org...

[edit on 12-1-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would imagine a picture does - or did - exist.

If it hasn't hit the internet by now, however, I fear an authentic one never will.

And we must all be prepared for the opportunistic hoaxer - who might attempt to release (or even sell) a fake picture to the amateur UFOlogy community.

posted on Jan, 12 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthMagnet
I would imagine a picture does - or did - exist.

If it hasn't hit the internet by now, however, I fear an authentic one never will.

And we must all be prepared for the opportunistic hoaxer - who might attempt to release (or even sell) a fake picture to the amateur UFOlogy community.

Unfortunatly, but if someone was going to make a hoax pic i thought that it would already have come out by now. But meh, i think it will be fun to see what people try and come up with to fool everyone.

[edit on 12-1-2007 by funky monk]

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Patience my friends. Information is free, and we can only hope that the people who took the eventual pictures know the power of the internet.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
No pictures have even been produced yet, but some people are already calling them fake! Truly, no matter how genuine any video is of anything "unfamiliar" some people will call it fake not because of any solid evidence that it is fake but simply because the object videoed is unknown.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
SkyWay,

A picture released this late after the incident happened back in Nov. of last year?

As true amateur UFOlogists we must be open minded, yet remain skeptical of the delay.

Otherwise the credibility of many major events, such as Roswell, also comes into question.

It's just good detective work - and good science.

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
This should be here also, great find.

Unedited Off Air Newroom Discussion About UFO Over O'hare:

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2007 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Wouldn't people who live NEAR or AROUND the airport have seen this too? I'm not familiar with the area so correct me if I'm wrong. It seems like there would have been FAR to many people who would have seen this for there to be nothing coming out. Not so much as witness testimonies. I realize that not everyone is going to want to say "I saw a flying saucer", but there should still be more than what there is now.

Someone who lives in the area, and is a member of ATS NEEDS to go out to the airport and ask some questions. We need some actual investigation since the info isn't going to be coming to us. Sitting around and waiting for some grainy, blurred photo is not enough. I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma, so I can't just go out and ask questions, but I would be glad to offer my time in any way I can to help get to the bottom of this.

I personally am not that "into" the whole UFO thing, so I don't have any strong bias one way or the other. I would suggest this investigation involve other ATS members who do not frequent the Aliens & UFOs threads that often, to avoid bias from people who simply "want to believe".

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure this "should of been more photos" reasoning is correct. I don't know about your work, but some of us are not allowed to have cell phones in use during work, or even on us. What kind of rules are there at most airports about people that work outside with the planes? If there is a fear of your cell phone being used at a gas station, is there a fear of workers near a plane full of fuel also?

That means you need a camera, which any tourist would have, but no tourists reportedly saw this since they were inside. Also the object was flying over an airport, most people expect things to be flying over the airport. It's not like you're in your back yard and something is suddenly hovering over it...this is one of the buisest airports in the world, people expect things to be flying overhead and so they may not scrutinize this object the way they normally would. Most people are stressed enough about making a flight, getting through security, or getting their luggage and getting out of the airport. I'm not sure if looking for UFOs is really on anyone's mind until maybe they get up in the air.

On top of that I used to live somewhat close to an airport and besides looking at the occassional plane coming in for a landing (usually because of the noise), I never paid much attention to what was flying overhead...you grow numb to it.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Hello. A friend told me about this website yesterday and said I should talk to you guys.

I saw the thing at O'Hare. It was a big thing for us, but then our supervisor said we'd get fired if we talked about it so Im kindof nervous.

Can they trace me here?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Can "They" trace your post to ATS? Well, it depends on just who "They" are.

Your boss/supervisor...No.

Your Corporate employer...Not likely, without a lot of "official" (ie Governmental/Legal) "help".

The Government....Oh Yeah, THEY can track you easily. BUT! in doing so, they would be essentially "tipping their hand"; proving to the public at large that this incident was much, much, more than just "an atmospheric phenomenon".

If you were to lose your job for truthfully reporting what you saw that day, you can rest assured that the financial compensation afforded you in the form of speakers fees, book advances, and film and TV rights would more than offset your lost wages, likely for the rest of your life.

Of course it would be a life in the public spot-light, and there would be numerous attempts to dicredit and intimidate both you and your family.

But such is the price of fame....and Truth.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rampagentX
Hello. A friend told me about this website yesterday and said I should talk to you guys.

I saw the thing at O'Hare. It was a big thing for us, but then our supervisor said we'd get fired if we talked about it so Im kindof nervous.

Can they trace me here?

Not if you are using torpark for surfing! It's based on firefox and allows you to surf the web without leaving traces.
Their site is down at the moment, try to download it later:

torpark.nfshost.com...

[edit on 14-1-2007 by unarmed]

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Without A Trace

Can they trace me here?

I can't speak to the question of "they" in the sense of "The Government", which seems to have more power than it lets on, but I sincerely doubt anyone like the FAA, United Airlines or the Chicago Airport System could track you down here.

IP addresses are only available to trusted staff members (and only if we push a button), and email addresses are visible only to administrators (there's only five of them, and they don't just make anyone admins).

If you avoid including any personal data in your posts, you should be fine.

If you have any concerns about that whatsoever, or inadvertently post personal data and later want it removed (after your post edit window expires, which is a couple of hours after posting), please don't hesitate to let us know with a Complaint.

If you're not sure about any of this and would like to discuss this privately, please feel free to send me a U2U and I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Needless to say, if you can provide additional firsthand information about this incident, we're interested and quite willing to listen, but we want you to be assured that you can do so safely, and will do whatever we reasonably can to help.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok

I dont know what more I can add to what your chatting about here. I was reading your chat log and it looks like you already know a lot.

What made me finally want to say something was all the news about this thing and was because we were told to stay quite. Like there is a cover up like you see in the movies. There are three of us baggage handlers who saw all of it. I never believed any of this stuff until now.

If you have any questions I can do my best to answer.

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
rampagentX

What did the ufo look like?

How long did it remain at O'hare?

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I've been looking on some weather web cams maybe there might be some footage on one of these from that day archived. My computer at work isn't the best but if anyone else wants to look.

www.earthcam.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Ok

What made me finally want to say something was all the news about this thing and was because we were told to stay quite. Like there is a cover up like you see in the movies. There are three of us baggage handlers who saw all of it. I never believed any of this stuff until now.

If you have any questions I can do my best to answer.

Several questions (Most have already been asked, I know, but details are important):

Please describe what you saw, from the begining, to the present.

What was the shape? Did the object have an obvious front and/or rear (as a conventional aircraft wouldhave a "nose" at the front and a "tail" at the rear)?

What color(s) was the object. Did they change? Did any color appear to be "around" the object rather than "painted on" or part of the object's structure? Where there any markings, or insignias?

Did it hover, or did it seem to be in constant motion? If it did hover (remain motionless) for how long? When it began to move, did it accelerate, that is, did it appear to pick up speed over a period (even if short period) of time, or did it appear to just "leap" from zero to whatever its ultimate speed ended up as?

Any other flight characteristics you can remember?

What was its aproximate altitude when you saw it?

How big was it, at that altitude, compared to, say, another aircraft you might be familiar with? Or, if the craft hovered over a bldg, which bldg and how did its size compare to the bldg.?

Where there any sounds that you could identify with the craft?

Or, did you notice an unusual Lack of sound in the immediate area? (A dampening effect)

Where there any other unusual visual or physical effects or sensations that you experienced duing the event?

Did the craft transmit any kind of signal?

Presumably this craft appeared, without warning, over one of the busiest airports in the world. Did you notice any reaction, either by other aircraft or airport personnel, to this sudden intrusion?

The craft is said to have "punched a hole in the clouds" as it left. How big was the hole? How long did the hole remain?

Thank you for you help!

[edit on 14-1-2007 by Bhadhidar]

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join