It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
"...it zipped to the east and disappeared..."

"...it just shot straight up into the clouds..."

WTF?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 06:43 AM
link   
judging by rampagent's post he is either:

a. a hoaxer who works in the industry and is therefore quite familiar with the lingo.

b. the genuine article.

either way, he has convinced me that he works in the industry.

Originally posted by Bhadhidar

The information provided should make it easy for those experts in our little community of CT'ers to quickly determine the flight number of that 727. Perhaps then an FOI-like request for the transcript of the pilot's radio transmission might be made?

At least we can, I presume, be fairly certain that a professional commercial Pilot would be authorized to report an airspace breech; and, being aware of the potential consequences, would be most unlikely to make a False report of such a breech by his plane's radio!

you'll find a link in my signature to a thread that explains the procedures for requesting such tapes....you will also find that those tapes are erased after 15 days, so there is no longer a tape to transcribe. i still find it rather interesting that NUFORC, an organization who's sole purpose is the collection of and investigation of UFO sightings, didnt bother to request either the voice or radar tapes from that day. considering NUFORC's purpose, they would have to know that those tapes are erased after 15 days if they are not requested to be held. as has been mentioned several times on this thread, they received a report of the incident well within that 15 day time frame.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
In the financial section on a Yahoo Message Board / UAL Corp. (UAUA) (United Airlines), a Poster claims to have the "Inside scoop on ORD UFO " (ORD being the O'Hare Airport)

UAL desired to win the China route from D.O.T, which they have now been awarded.

Anyways just thought I'd post it.

Link

United gets China route - News Article

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I just got called in because they expect there to be delays from the weather. I'm normally off on Sunday and Monday so doubletime is fine by me.

I saw some of your questions and I can try and answer.

The clouds were normal low ceiling overcast so I don't know how thick. From where we were, we couldn't see directly up the hold the thing made but there was definately sunlight inside the hold so it went all the way through the clouds. And yes it looked like the hole was made by the thing as it went up.

I'm pretty sure the sup's words were unauthorized reporting of false airspace breech but it might be something slightly different. But it was we knew they want us to treat the thing as some freak weather and not a UFO.

I don't think there is a risk if you say they can't trace me here.

When our hair stood on end I'm certain it was just a couple seconds before it took off into the clouds like there was some build up of something. It felt like the static electricity of pulling off a sweater.

I don't think there are any pictures since none of us carry anything like a camera with us but a few people now are. We all talk about it almost every day and if there were pictures it would help us because the people that didn't see it are getting pissed and think we're all crazy.

Two other rats from C thought the thing flew away to the east but most of us saw it go straight up. The boss from C thinks this might mean there were maybe two different things or the same thing showing up two different times. I'll find those guys and ask them today.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 07:58 AM
link   
good find violet!

that's pretty close to my hypothesis of why they were told not to report it: the customer's view of united's integrity being demeaned by a ufo report.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
ok, after that last post i am going to jump out on a limb here and say that i think rampagent is genuine. he certainly knows the industry lingo and unlike other hoaxers ive seen on ats, he doesnt skirt around the hard questions....he tries to answer them all.

i have a question for you ramp:

i've worked in other towers, but never ohare (i've only flown through a few times). from what i can tell from looking at field diagrams, if the object was over concourse "c" around 700 ft, it would most likely be above the tower's line of sight. do you agree with that thought?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
judging by rampagent's post he is either:

a. a hoaxer who works in the industry and is therefore quite familiar with the lingo.

b. the genuine article.

either way, he has convinced me that he works in the industry.

Agreed.

Originally posted by rampagentX
We all talk about it almost every day and if there were pictures it would help us because the people that didn't see it are getting pissed and think we're all crazy.

I don't think most people would need pictures to believe you, as long as there's proof you really work there and were there at the time.
At least that would be good enough for me.

Would you and your colleagues be willing to come forward more publicly?

It would be nice to get a little movement going, keep pressuring the federal agencies.

I think this case could be a good opportunity to actually get some positive results, getting closer to disclosure, considering the mainstream media seems to be finally taking it seriously, we could use that to our advantage.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
ok, after that last post i am going to jump out on a limb here and say that i think rampagent is genuine.

I'm with you in this..I think he's genuine too..and i think we should focus our efforts to support him and his coligues( via him )..in this incident !!!

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Cybernative]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I don't think its wise to try and figure out if his IP address is assigned to an IL area/provider.

IMO this could throw off other people that might want to come out in the future, and probably not knowing much about the Internet/IP addresses etc would think they would be tracked down or something.

For a testimony like rampagentX's or anyone else's to make any difference people like him need to publicly come out and not just keep posting their story on forums, lists, etc.

If they don't come out publicly, doesn't matter if they are really telling the truth or not.

It's already as hard as it is trying to confront authorities with tangible proof.

Remember the Area 51 Environmental Lawsuit?
People proved they worked in Area 51 and were exposed to hazard materials, and actually some died cause of it.

Did anything got disclosed because of that? No.
Other than that the Government basically had to acknowledge there was a base there, and still, called it "The Air Force's Operating Location Near Groom Lake, Nevada".

The difference from then and now, is that the media is actually taking a serious interest in this, and as everyone knows, public opinion is very important for politicians to do anything!

[edit on 15-1-2007 by danx]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rampagentX
I just got called in because they expect there to be delays from the weather. I'm normally off on Sunday and Monday so doubletime is fine by me.

I saw some of your questions and I can try and answer.

The clouds were normal low ceiling overcast so I don't know how thick. From where we were, we couldn't see directly up the hold the thing made but there was definately sunlight inside the hold so it went all the way through the clouds. And yes it looked like the hole was made by the thing as it went up.

I'm pretty sure the sup's words were unauthorized reporting of false airspace breech but it might be something slightly different. But it was we knew they want us to treat the thing as some freak weather and not a UFO.

I don't think there is a risk if you say they can't trace me here.

When our hair stood on end I'm certain it was just a couple seconds before it took off into the clouds like there was some build up of something. It felt like the static electricity of pulling off a sweater.

I don't think there are any pictures since none of us carry anything like a camera with us but a few people now are. We all talk about it almost every day and if there were pictures it would help us because the people that didn't see it are getting pissed and think we're all crazy.

Two other rats from C thought the thing flew away to the east but most of us saw it go straight up. The boss from C thinks this might mean there were maybe two different things or the same thing showing up two different times. I'll find those guys and ask them today.

I think you should report this directly to www.MUFON.com or www.nuforc.org. These are trained investigators that will take your report seriously and keep your information private.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Miah]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

IMO this could throw off other people that might want to come out in the future, and probably not knowing much about the Internet/IP addresses etc would think they would be tracked down or something.

EDIT: Told you I sucked at this...seems (from other confirmation) it is resolving to a Chicago-based subnet, so all I'm confirming is that poster seems to be posting from where he's already stated he is (so no privacy overstepping).

As for why not to go public....I'd imagine he isn't keen on losing his job....
(assuming he is genuine). Which is exactly why other witnesses aren't being named by name.

[edit on 15-1-2007 by Gazrok]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I found this picture by googling ohare ufo. The website it came from
was unavailable however the picture was still there. I don't know if this
is anything but because of where it came from I thought I should post it.
www.ecanadanow.com...

[edit on 15-1-2007 by u4itornot]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Note, IP isn't resolving to IL, but then again, I'm not very great at this...so I've asked other supers/admins to verify.

Gazrok,

There are many ways to mask the IP by software or using a service to make the IP appear to change constantly, if I was a hoaxer I would use this service and if I was authentic I would use the service also to hide who I was.

Granted if he is the real deal he may be a bit apprehensive about his identity because he might very well lose his lively hood.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

There are many ways to mask the IP by software or using a service to make the IP appear to change constantly, if I was a hoaxer I would use this service and if I was authentic I would use the service also to hide who I was

I'm well aware of this, but as I said, it is only info, shouldn't be taken any other way. Had the poster not stated he/she worked at the airport, I certainly would not have volunteered a location. Therefore, I'm only asserting that there is evidence (not proof) that the poster is posting from where they claim to be.

Snafu has already offered good evidence to support what he/she does, and so this approval combined with the IP does present good evidence that the witness is somewhat truthful at least. That's all I'm saying...and personally, I'm glad the witness is sharing their observations with us.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
EDIT: Told you I sucked at this...seems (from other confirmation) it is resolving to a Chicago-based subnet, so all I'm confirming is that poster seems to be posting from where he's already stated he is (so no privacy overstepping).

Ok, that's good to know!

As for why not to go public....I'd imagine he isn't keen on losing his job....
(assuming he is genuine). Which is exactly why other witnesses aren't being named by name.

Doesn't the Whistleblower Act apply here?
Mmm maybe not since he's an employee of United Airlines (a private contractor).

Still, I'm sure that a bunch of people speaking out and worried about airspace breeches, and the obvious public safety implications, wouldn't be prosecuted.

And besides, people don't necessary have to allege it was an alien craft, because even if it wasn't, it still needs to be looked at and investigated.

Having an airspace breech, the object not showing up on radar, and not invastigating, doesn't make any sense. It makes more the sense to invastigate in cases like this!

And it's FAA's job to investigate! After all, they are the agency that regulates (civil) aviation in the US.
If they claim that they don't have jurisdiction (as I believe they did), then it's because they acknowledge it was a military craft or that it's the Air Force's jurisdiction.

No matter who has the jurisdiction, someone has to answer for this.

Demand answers!

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I like to think he's telling the truth because if i have a choice i rather think positively of someone else rather then negative even though there is a possibility that he's a hoaxer i tend to think he is not one.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
pity narcap.org don't appear to be working on this. I could be wrong. email ted_roe@narcap.org if you want.

Silence is interesting. - We definitely know something happened.

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by danx
Having an airspace breech, the object not showing up on radar, and not invastigating, doesn't make any sense. It makes more the sense to invastigate in cases like this!

And it's FAA's job to investigate! After all, they are the agency that regulates (civil) aviation in the US.
If they claim that they don't have jurisdiction (as I believe they did), then it's because they acknowledge it was a military craft or that it's the Air Force's jurisdiction.

Demand answers!

The object was described as a circular ovoid (like a fat M&M candy), aproximately 20 feet across, dark shiny grey in color, possibly metallic. The object hovered relatively motionless for a time at an altitude estimated by expert witnesses, of between 700-1000 ftt agl when it was first observed.

I did a little playing around with ellipsoid profiles on my CAD program to get an idea of what a 20ft diameter disk might look like. Unfortunately, none of the observations have yet given an aproximate height (thickness) for the object, just its diameter. So my intent was to see how various heights would affect the object's appearance.

Bear in mind that all of this is pure speculation on MY part, and bears NO relationship to what was actually observered!

Given a 20ft dia circle, to appear to an observer as "a fat M&M" the height of the object had to be less than its diameter, less than 20ft.

This means that, barring some "Trans-dimensional 'interior-volume-is larger-than-external-dimensions-allow'" hocu-pocus, if the object was manned ("crewed"?), its occupant(s) and All their equipment, were nestlled into a space of less than 4189 cu ft, less than the total volume of a room measuring 16.2ftx16.2ftx16.2ft.

Imagine traveling all the way from Alpha Centuri to O'Hare in a space about the size of a bedroom! Even at Faster-Than-Light (FTL) speeds, I'd go nuts (OK, More nuts!).

Which leads me to the following, Speculative, conclusion:

Assuming that the object observed was a real object (not a fabricated hoax, trick of light, or "atmospheric oddity"), I would tend to conclude that it was either a short(er)-range secondary craft linked to a much larger, longer range vessel (as a scout/recon device, perhaps?); or, an advanced vehicle of terrestrial origin, probably military in nature.

Given the "official" response to the qualified witness reports, and the information regarding the object's appearance and behaviour contained in those reports, my money is on the latter: Military "black-project" big-time "Whoops"!

Of course, these two possibilities beg questions of their own.

If the object was extra-terrestrial in origin, Is there a "Mothership" and Where is She?

Or, if this was a military craft of some kind, Where did Whoever built it get THAT kind of technology?

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by selfless
I like to think he's telling the truth because if i have a choice i rather think positively of someone else rather then negative even though there is a possibility that he's a hoaxer i tend to think he is not one.
I don't believe rampagentx is a hoaxer either,just wanna say my hat goes off to rampagentx to have the courage to share his experience here.
.Just a quick question to rampagex if I may.You stated that your superviser told you to stay quiet about this,did he say if he was told by any government agency to warn you guys against speaking out?

[edit on 15-1-2007 by crowpruitt]

posted on Jan, 15 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   
thanks to rampagent. my hats off.

to those asking why he doesnt come forward with such important info...ya know, a couple years ago if i were him i might have. but at the time if i lost a job i didnt care, there are others and i can fend for myself. but now i have a wife. we dont know his situation and shouldnt judge his handling of this. a man/woman with a family has a lot to lose and we shouldnt forget that. this incident has gotten probably as much exposure as its going to so him coming forward by name to tell a story that the media is already starting to consider "old news" is pretty much occupational suicide for him.

just my thoughts

again rampagent, hats off

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join