It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrentReznor
Originally posted by Saviour Of The Real

What part exactly about this sighting says “alien spacecraft” to you? Shouldn’t all the other possibilities be ruled out first? How much information do you really have to base your opinion on at this point?

Point taken, but what Possibilities?

I hate to say but it could have been a known “weather phenomenon” or perhaps even an unknown (because it’s rare, short lived, and so far impossible to study) or poorly understood weather or other atmospheric related phenomena. Unfortunately, despite all the attention and publicity, we still may never have enough information to figure out what this may have been one way or the other.

the Described Object is said to have appeard as a Metallic Disc which hoverd and shot through the clouds at hive speed leaving a Hole in the clouds.

Key word “appeared”. Whether we want to believe it or not, eyewitness testimony is highly subjective and often the least reliable evidence, especially when dealing with something anomalous for which we have no previous frame of reference because we tend to interpret things in terms of what we know and “flying saucers” is one thing everybody “knows” about. Ask any police officer who has interviewed crash scene witnesses. Generally speaking ten different independent witnesses (meaning those who haven’t “compared notes”) will describe an event ten different ways, and that’s just dealing with things we supposedly do “know” and can agree about, cars and roads etc.

We all know that Aliens visiting us in craft is in no way shape or form
Impossible and dosen't require any Mystical or "out-there" beleifs

Its perfectly plausable and fits the bill quite well I'd say

Sure it’s possible (however I would argue most likely unmanned) but is it probable? Until we have proof, in the eyes of science, all the data we have points to that being the least likely possibility. So unlikely in fact that it’s easier for many people to just laugh at the possibility… (thanks to the all the hoaxers and nut cases and people who take this all way too seriously)

Why do you say we should rule out any other possibillities "FIRST" ?

Because whether we want to believe it or not something like (depending on who you ask) 95% or more of UFO sightings turn out to be explainable and those that aren’t there just isn’t enough information to say what it was without a doubt.

Show mw some Pics of examples of what this could be,
Ball lightning or other "known" phenomenom, I'd like to some resembling the described object,

Unfortunately whatever these objects are they’re extremely rare. Look at any UFO pic that hasn’t been identified or ruled a fake and that’s what it probably “really” looks like. Show me a pic of a UFO that doesn’t look that and then we’ll talk.

Anyway, I’m just saying, that’s how the “other side” see this…

(and thank you for your thought provoking post
)

[fixed typos]

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Saviour Of The Real]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
According to NUFORC a television interview of one of the witnesses has been filmed, and may appear soon on a national news program

Another Audio Interview with Chicago Tribune transportation reporter Jon Hilkevtich, who reported on the incident

www.npr.org...

Wow! Keep us posted on this as it would be great to actually see some witnesses talk about what they saw in a visual medium so as to further confirm the veracity of this story.
But as it stands now, I've no doubt that those employee's actually did see a UFO because they of all people should know or not if it's a plane of some sort -- they've probably seen all kinds of aircraft that most of us have never even seen before but for them to say that what they saw up there looked like those quintessential saucer type UFO's that have been seen for many decades now and photographed all over the world .... I would say that this UFO event stands much more credible than most reports of such sightings.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   
well, you make a good point Saviour Of The Real

What ever it was, It is a rare and Unknown phenomenom.

keeping that in mind I cannot think how such an event and object would manifest naturally in the manner and behaviour it managed

(assuming the airport staff are not high on jet fumes)

hey I might be on to somthing there...

if it were indeed a metal Object as described How would that come about in terestial terms and exhibit the manuver described (assuming thats true)

it shure dosen't sound like a terestial Craft.
However it does resemble Aircraft Carictoristics as in Moving on its own accord and not (blowing in the wind).

Thats the Information I'm using to make me think this is some sort of aircraft that wasent manufactured here on earth.

I would have probily come to that same conclusion even if the Idea of aliens in spaceships visiting earth diden't exist in our culture.

Is that right? 95% of U.F.O cases have been Explained and Prooved as a teresteral object or occurance?

I find that a little hard to beleive. hmmmm

so even if its an unknown and compleatly non-understood object.it still wouldent make sence unless,
if it were a ball of light or weird colours in the sky or strange sounds comming from nowhere, yes I would say that was some Yet undiscoverd phenomenom of some kind ...But a metalic disc seeminly controlled somehow?...

my money would be on Aliens Observing us as we know how that would work and can work.

Dosen't mean it is that, but it does point strongly in that direction.

Peace to you all

[edit on 6-1-2007 by TrentReznor]

[edit on 6-1-2007 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I dunno if this has been posted, but here, listen to this. It provides a little more insight into the actual vitness testimonies. Apparently the UFO punched a donut shaped hole in the overcast and left clear sky to be seen.

www.npr.org... Click the 'listen' button'.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
They're talking about this on CNN earlier today I posted it in another thread so if anyone wants to take a gander and find the small clip on CNN be my guest I may look myself...this interview took place today around 4:30 pm (mt)

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thsi si the main thred for this subject..the other thread is been opened for an out of trac discussion..would u plz [post the link here ?

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm looking for it but cannot find it, I saw it live on TV today like I said i'll keep searching.

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Interview from one of the Taximan at O'hare.

Excellent account from him.

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
If the UFO shot skyward and punched a hole in the cloud cover, does this qualify as a CE2?

[edit on 6-1-2007 by Flatwoods]

posted on Jan, 6 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Interview from one of the Taximan at O'hare.

Excellent account from him.

www.ufocasebook.com...

I listened to this audio recording and it's not the taximan but another witness who's a pilot who also saw that UFO at O'Hare.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea

Originally posted by violet
According to NUFORC a television interview of one of the witnesses has been filmed, and may appear soon on a national news program

Another Audio Interview with Chicago Tribune transportation reporter Jon Hilkevtich, who reported on the incident

www.npr.org...

Wow! Keep us posted on this as it would be great to actually see some witnesses talk about what they saw in a visual medium so as to further confirm the veracity of this story.
But as it stands now, I've no doubt that those employee's actually did see a UFO because they of all people should know or not if it's a plane of some sort -- they've probably seen all kinds of aircraft that most of us have never even seen before but for them to say that what they saw up there looked like those quintessential saucer type UFO's that have been seen for many decades now and photographed all over the world .... I would say that this UFO event stands much more credible than most reports of such sightings.

I think the television interview may have been the witness who appeared on Anderson Cooper, CNN last night., and was only shown in sllouette.

I didn't see the show, but I found a Blog that has a transcript of the interview.
Here:
frankwarren.blogspot.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:27 AM
link   
regarding Palasheea's above post:

to keep the confusion at a minimum, if you are saying that the above link isnt the taxi man and is a pilot you are not correct. he says in the beginning of the interview "i stated what i do for a living. i move airplanes around the airport from one place to another".

previously, the link incorrectly stated that he was a pilot but now is fixed.

[edit on 1/7/2007 by homeskillet]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I saw the Anderson Cooper interview that was on Friday this Interview happened on Saturday and involved two different parties. It was on CNN for about 4 minutes or so. One of their small blog interviews...etc

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
If the UFO shot skyward and punched a hole in the cloud cover, does this qualify as a CE2?

Well , actually no.

A CE2 would mean your claiming to see "Entities" (I can't stand using that word) , either inside or outside of a "Craft" or "UFO".

A CE1 would simply mean you've seen a UFO within 500ft.

The O'Hare "sighting" would be very much be like a CE1 , only that its fairly clear the UFO was above 500ft, thus technically it's not a CE1 by definition.

Not by definition , but loosely I'd say yes this was a Close Encounter with a UFO , whatever "UFOs" are.

Of course if you go to Google maps , you'll see that 500ft is around 1/3rd the length of Terminal 1 , where the UFO was said to "Hover". Above Gate C17.

Just for perspective , Terminal 1 is around 1,750 ft in length. And that is somewhere close to the average height attributed to the UFO.

Also for perspective the highest recorded cloud ceiling level reported for the day was 2,100 ft. ( Less than the distance between Terminal 1 and the ATControl Tower.)

BTW, here is a Picture from Nov. 7th 2006 of the Chicago Skyline that shows the Cloud layer we are discussing. (Janet S. Reed photographer.)

blogs.trb.com...

[edit on 7-1-2007 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Yeah, I've seen a little about that "UFO" sighting. Supposed to be over 50 whitness', staffers and customers. Said it was 'a disc shaped object hovering over the airfeild'..

The Nazis had flying saucers in the 30s, I'm sure we have a few too

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Lost Shaman,

I think you're confusing CE2 with CE3. Here is a link to an article about the UFO classification system: en.wikipedia.org...

A CE2 is not one in which entities are seen. Rather, a CE2 is defined as a sighting in which physical traces are left by the craft. That's why I was wondering if the hole in the cloud cover qualifies this sighting as a CE2.

A close encounter in which entities are seen falls under the category of CE3, or "Close Encounter of the Third Kind."

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Flatwoods,

Your correct , my mistake.

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
New report from Chicago Trubune by Reporter Jon Hilkevitch

THEY'RE HERE!
( Or so we'd like to think. )
A purported UFO sighting at O'Hare gives flight to hopes that we're not alone

So I interviewed the witnesses and tracked down some additional observers--pilots, ramp workers, mechanics and management officials at United Airlines.

They were all dead serious about what they saw, and the accounts--whether made from the tarmac or from 25 feet up in the cockpit of a Boeing 777--were consistent.

The unidentified aerial phenomenon was dark gray and shaped like a disc, it hovered in a fixed position above Concourse C of the United Airlines terminal, and it vanished with a burst of energy that cut a hole in the overcast skies.

Source: www.chicagotribune.com... 335491.story

[edit on 7-1-2007 by violet]

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I remember hearing about this on Glen Beck. (I like to watch it even though Iam canadian) there was supposidly a pilot that had a digital camera with him and snapped some images...have they shown up on the internet yet?

posted on Jan, 7 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Wow, according to the guy in this interview www.ufocasebook.com... the UFO was there for a good 20 minutes and was seen by a Lot more people than what's been officially acknowledged. This is big.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join