It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Major Snow For the East!!!!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Why are you so critical of him.

excuse me for being skeptical...

i still desire to know where he gets his maps from

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
If I told you I'd have to kill you
I use over 100 forecast models. I will have my next update at lunch

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
If I told you I'd have to kill you
I use over 100 forecast models. I will have my next update at lunch

fine...

i hope your right (i love snow)

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
LOC glad to see you back and keeping us informed.
Dont' give a second thought to some of these cracks on this thread, I personally enjoy and look forward to your updates.

ER, well being one of those cracks, he did state that developing tomorrow (now yesterday) the 23rd there would be snow delays and freezing rain in the east.

Didn't happen. Not even air traffic delays. 60 degrees right now actually. Leave the weather to the weather man! Hes bad enough as it is, he doesn't need your help making it worse..

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by truttseeker
Why are you so critical of him. Yes, its out there for him to be doing forcasts for 10 days out BUT I've seen him in action before he's very accurate. I remember last year he said big snowstorm and huge snowstorm came, one of the only ones last year. Give him a chance without jumping all over him.

Even I to can look at a weather model and know when it is going to snow, as they tell you on the map..

Its is unseasonably warm in the East right now, the next cold front, depending on the strength of the low pressure system will either bring with it alot of snow or alot of rain. So far on this thread the predictions he has made are bunk and the predictions he is making for next week are skeptical being so far in advance.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Any fool can do hindsite bash-casts. Those that think they can do better long range forecasts should start their own thread, and then we shall see who really has a better crystal ball or who is merely farting in the wind.

Quiet, Mild for Now; Arctic Air, Storm on the Ready Accuweather

(State College, PA) - Unusual warmth with autumn bliss continues over much of the nation this weekend. However, A big storm and the coldest blast of arctic air since last winter will move into the Northwest by Sunday, and will spread eastward next week.

The storm system will bring showers to the Mississippi Valley Tuesday, with showers and thunderstorms possible Wednesday. A steady rain will fall Wednesday across the Great Lakes and the showers will reach the Eastern Seaboard by Friday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

National Snow Analyses NOHRSC

[edit on 24-11-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
just to add to lord's credit i payed close attention to his predictions and he was right on. last year he called the major snow storm that happened in the east (i was in hartford) way in advance, i want to say a week in advance. i remember him being very accurate. and if perchance he's off this time around, you cant call him a hoaxer, he's a very asstute weather man; mother nature can throw curve balls everynow and then. but thanks for the tip lords ive been waiting for snow up here, itll really get me in the holiday mood!
peace
-unter

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well actually They did have some freezing rain, and rain on wednesday night, I didn't give any amounts, but the storm next week, as I said before, could change and I told you my forecast will be 100% accurate by monday, forecast models change every couple hours. One second it can show a monster, and the next minute it could show nothing at all. I still think there will be a swath of snow in the above states, The Dakota's will see a blizzard, and the upper great lakes will see heavy snow. The fact of the matter is, is timing. will the cold air push in while there is still alot of moisture, which I think there will be.
As I also said before, I don't get every forecast right, but I give you a heads up of what to look for. Rather than a normal weatherman, who will give you a heads up a day or two at the most in advance. If you have a problem with me posting tell LOAM, as he already gave me a 500 point bonus. I don't ask you critizizers to come here with your opinion, you can take what I tell you and use it, just in case it does happen, or you can be a butt about it, and start and argument about how you are a great weatherman, I want you to start a thread and make a prediction for 10 days from now.

Edit to add: Just for arguments sake, I am going to give you the forecast right now for the big storm. 100% accurate.

A storm droping from Canada will cause a blizzard in montana and the dakotas, as the storm front pushes eastward, it will bring a rain storm the the state I listed above.. As the storm front pushes through the backside of the storm will turn to snow, and very cold a temp drop of around 35 degrees in 24 hours. The amount of snow will depend on when the switch happens, and how much moisture is left. I will say an average of 3-6 inches will be in order for many places with some spots getting upwards of 7-8". as of now the toughest call will be around NY,NY because of it being right along the coast the cold air will; reach there last. That will be tough to call to be honest.

Overall winter:
Winter in the east will be very wild this year, as there will be wild swings. It may go from being 60 degrees one day to 20 the next. which is what causes the big snowstorms. If you want big snows you want wild contrast to the weather, which is what will be happening. There will be at least 3 huge storms on the east coast. I don't mean 4 or 5 inches, I am talking over a foot, with high winds and the works. the midwest, Ohio Indiana, chicago, michigan, etc. will get many storms of 6 or more inches. I do see 1 monster around the end of january or the first week of febuary. I mean a monster. Remeniscent of the presidents day storm of 2003 or the christmas eve storm of 04. 12-20" of snow.
Much of the east will see a white christmas this year as well. Ohio, Chicago, Indiana, Philadelphia, Michigan, New York, Connecticut, and Vermont to name a few.
As we will see at least 1 major storm of 8 inches or so.
That's all for now. Don't worry guys I won't let a few bad apples spoil me coming here for anyone else.

[edit on 11/24/2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

[edit on 11/24/2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
i enjoy this thread...

but i desire to know where you get the maps from...

what's the big deal???

for all we know, those maps could be from a previous year...

i am not saying you are a hoaxer, i am just curious...

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
i enjoy this thread...

but i desire to know where you get the maps from...

what's the big deal???

for all we know, those maps could be from a previous year...

i am not saying you are a hoaxer, i am just curious...

LOL now why in the world would I use maps from a previous year???? That would make no sense. I just choose to keep my maps to myself. If you predicted the weather, would you post the places you got your models from???? Probably not. I will tell you this. You can't even look at my models unless you are willing to pay 800/year for them, which is what I pay

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Er..

Who ever posted the Accuweather material that says showers and thunderstorms, nothing about snow..

I want snow.. I hope your right because I would like at least one major snow storm this year! But I live in Ohio and I doubt that we will get any.. and even if we did get some next week the ground is so warm the snow will melt. meaning ice sheets. that's fun!.. ever drive on I75 during an ice storm let alone a normal day???

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I want to throw this in this morning. I got the east coast figured out for the most part. You will get snow.
There are actually 2 scenarios that are possible.
1. a secondary storm forms in the southern plains, and cuts through Michigan, which will bring blizzard conditions to Chicago for a brief time period. It would also bring some good snows to Indiana and Michigan, and possibly Ohio.

2. The second scenarion is, that the storm will track east and just move across the country, bringing the rain to snow switch. Here is the kicker, does the storm explode once it reaches the eastern seaboard? I think it will. Then we are talking a major storm for all the big cities. We'll wait and see how it pans out, I will know more when the next model run comes out.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
do some research on his posts from last year folks.....he's a helluva lot more accurate than the official aviation forecasts the faa gets.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
LOC you mentioned a storm from Canada down to the Dakotas. I am in Mpls, any chance it's moving east towards MN?

BTW - nobody and nothing can be 100% all of the time. At least you are putting yourself out there for us and giving us up to date forecasts. Keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
LOC you mentioned a storm from Canada down to the Dakotas. I am in Mpls, any chance it's moving east towards MN?

BTW - nobody and nothing can be 100% all of the time. At least you are putting yourself out there for us and giving us up to date forecasts. Keep up the good work.

Yes, it is likely that you will get some snow out of the first storm, as it cuts north. Tuesday night and Wednesday. You will see a very rapid drop in temps from the 50's and 60's Tuesday and struggling to get to the 20's on Wednesday and Thursday.
When I get the next model run I will be able to give you a more accurate amount of snow... looks like a couple inces right now, but that will also depend on how far west the storm is when it cuts back north. a difference of 50 miles could mean up to 6 or 7 inches of snow. I will let you know a little later on

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
any news lords?
ive still got my fingers crossed
please give me some good news man...

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
We have a big dinner to go to on Friday that is 45 minutes away and 2 years ago we had a blizzard that night so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if we are using 4 wheel drive to go there again.
But I hope you are off by a day or two so I can be home and comfy during it instead of driving in it.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Also want to backup LOC. I too remember his prediction last year and he was spot on. I'm glad to see he's back, keep the info flowing LOC

brill

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I found your forecasts from last year very interesting and am looking forward to more.

Do you have anything interesting in store for us in the SouthWestern states?

N/W corner of Arizona is what I'm mainly interested in.

Right now, it looks like there's a chance the jetstream will sag down south of the Southern border of Utah . . . I hope so, we could use some rain and snow would be ok.
3300' altitude fwiw and about 90 miles south of Hoover Dam.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Interesting that a very cold mass of air is coming down and will be hitting the northeast coast.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join