It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Major Snow For the East!!!!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
First major snow?

October 15, 2006

Buffalo, New York – According to National Grid and NYSEG during an afternoon press conference, at least 300,000 people and businesses are still without power as the City of Buffalo, New York begins to clean up after the worst October lake effect snow storm in "137 years of records" being kept, according to the National Weather Service. The NOAA calls the weather event "unprecedented." Power in many areas may not be fixed until early next week. Electric crews from Massachusetts and Rhode Island, and Pennsylvania have been called in to assist in the clean-up efforts, but power to many areas may not be fully restored until next weekend.

en.wikinews.org...

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Not talking lake effect I mean for the major cities, like us in ohio, pa, nyc etc

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
LOC its so good to see you back. Im sorry that we never got to talk via YIM. I got a new PC and lost YIM and never redownloaded it. How have things been? Great to see your sticking to whether prediction, I know you loved to do it.

Anyway, I haven't seen you mention NJ? Just forgetting about us like that? haha.

By the way rock, I vouch for this guy, I remember last year he was hitting them dead on. He called it and sure enough, no school lol. Anyway, I look foward to hearing from LOC this season.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
haha thanks posting new maps in a few,,,,

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   
really wish I could stay up to check out your new maps coming up, but I have school tomorrow and I have to wake up in 6 hours or so. So LOC good luck with this prediction and I look foward to seeing some maps that can spell it out in layman terms for weather fools like me

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
It's Tues. night, 11/28 here in N.E. Oklahoma.
We've been put under a winter storm watch for Thurs., 11/30 with possibly 3+ inches of snow, sleet and weather cold enough that they are warning people to keep their faucets dripping if they want to keep their waterpipes from busting.

Storm is supposed to track to the northeast and get worse as it goes.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ok people get ready for this....

If this holds true with the next model runs, it is time to get prepared for a monster for the states mentioned... I don't want any sympathy if my forecast from 10 days ago holds true.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
humm....

I'm in Detriot, i think i'm gonna get the snow blower, shovel, and rock salt ready later today...

just a little be more of a northen track and where gonna get hit hard.

Whats your thoughts on detroit? l0rds0fcha0s

As allways great work l0rds0fcha0s.

Zintac

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Zintac]

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Zintac]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:57 AM
link   
hmmm really it depends, The good models will be in the morn, this is the 00z run, and I hope this holds true. here is the name snowfall forecast it has you getting 15 inches in 6 hours. but I feel that it too far west.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Man I hope that shifts east a little More.

We haven't had a good snow storm here in ages.

Zintac

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
you want it west.. A little further east guarantees the snow for me not for you... I wish more people were in this thread I am bored to death... need some company lol

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I can understand that, I have added you to my MSN messanger list

My user name is Zintac

But yeah either way i want to see a lot of snow!

Zintac

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Hey I live up in plattsburgh ny, if it shifts east am i gunna see a nice big amount of snow

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
you know the really sad part, LOC? you use to be able to see these maps at any flight service station in the country, and the FSS guys and gals use to be able to read them like you can. now you have to pay to see these maps, and since the FSS's have all been contracted out, nobody has a clue what the weather is going to do anymore beyond 48 hours....all in the name of saving the federal government money. it's a sad state of affairs when the almighty dollar is more important than safety of flight.

keep up the good work though, LOC.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
LOC!
Great to see you posting again!
I'm in Philly, and I hope we get a good snowfall! My little boy is getting a new sled for Christmas - Just might have to break it out early..........
Keep us posted!
lombozo

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Models have once again went west... for you east coasterners look out for monday or tuesday huge storm forming

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Our winter storm watch for Oklahoma, that was to go into effect tomorrow has now been changed to a winter storm warning instead.

Looks like it's going to get interesting.

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
any updates or predictions for NJ LOC? Im rather interested to see what I should expect and when. It would be a big help, I like to keep people I know informed of what may happen. Basically your weather travels by word of mouth, haha

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hey grim... moday possibly for you my friend. don't get your hopes up, but a just in case for monday

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
LOC,
Do you have a website that would show more info (maps, details, etc). Also what are you projecting for the Buffalo/Toronto region ?

brill

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join