It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Major Snow For the East!!!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hey all I am posting a map of what is going to happen, there has been some changes, and the model can still change. The only change is for the east coast.. I will post my weather map later.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Hey i live in plattsburgh ny, do you know whats gunna happen here? Am I gunna get a good snowstorm here?

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hey LOC haven't seen ya since one of the other ATS games. I haven't gotten involved in this one though haha.

I've seen your predictions before, and I enjoy doing similar things with seeing trends in maps and whatnot. On what little info I've recieved, I predicted that we were going to have that doozy coming over the Chicago area roughly wednesday to thursday of this week. So far the local weather reports are stating that'll be the case with unknown precipitation amounts. Are you seeing the same thing? How about snowfall levels here? I know it'll probably pick up some juice from the Great Lakes before it gets to the N.E. Cheers!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I just checked out the 10 day forecast for my region (Philadelphia) and it says rain on Friday, too warm for snow, our low is 37 and high 57.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
The National Weather Service office in Charleston, WV is calling for snow here on Friday. However, they are not calling for any accumluations from the snow. But, it is the weather service I'm talking about and it can change drastically.

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
LOL now why in the world would I use maps from a previous year???? That would make no sense. I just choose to keep my maps to myself. If you predicted the weather, would you post the places you got your models from???? Probably not. I will tell you this. You can't even look at my models unless you are willing to pay 800/year for them, which is what I pay

i am just going to say what should be known:

ATS isn't a site where one posts something without backing it up with links / etc...

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s
LOL now why in the world would I use maps from a previous year???? That would make no sense. I just choose to keep my maps to myself. If you predicted the weather, would you post the places you got your models from???? Probably not. I will tell you this. You can't even look at my models unless you are willing to pay 800/year for them, which is what I pay

i am just going to say what should be known:

ATS isn't a site where one posts something without backing it up with links / etc...

And how exactly does one back it up with links when he clearly stated some of it is intuition? Is he supposed to provide some as of yet undiscovered cerebral link to the net? Hmmmm. LOS also stated that he used about 100 models to base his theory on and that he would post additional information when he was ready. Stop beating a dead horse and get off the guys back. Give him some time.

Added to which your statement that "ATS isn't a site where one posts something without backing it up with links" is amusing. I see the opposite everyday but it usually involves such high calibre breaking conspiracy news like Bushes daughter losing her purse.

brill

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well looky here. I heard our forecast for MN this morning and guess what? A major storm is moving west and through the Dakota's as LOC had originally predicted.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
where's the updates for NYC this weekend? I need to be snowed in. If that happens I can avoid the drive to Westchester for some bratty kid's 4th birthday. Snow dammit snow!!!

Lords was pretty damned accurate last year. There was one other guy who was also frighteningly accurate last year. Between the two they managed to nail the majors all winter.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I hope its the storm of the century and we get clobbered, however, temperatures are very mild here in the NE...in fact it feels like fall.

Its very strange weather we're having

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
strange? supposed to hit 63 today in NYC. that's scary. all the pasty white flesh that will be on display. it's going to be like a bad dream where you live in pilsbury doughboy land.

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Highs for the Miami Valley, South West Ohio for the next few days...

Mon. 64
Tues. 62
wend. 65
thurs. 69
fri. 66

So, when are we getting snow?

Says rain for Friday... unless it can now snow in 70 degree weather. Isn't it odd though.. going into December with spring like temps!

posted on Nov, 27 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
OK sorry I had to run out and didn't get back til this morning, was dead tired so didn't get my maps posted. The change I mentioned yesterday was the east coast. It doesn't seem that enough cold air will make it over there to get the switch to snow soon enough, so odds are you guys are out for this one. Stilll going with my original everywhere else.
As I had said the storm is bringing blizzard conditions to the dakotas...
Weather is now switching to my idea of this storm. I do have to lover my amount unfortunatly though. 2-4" across much of the midwest, with local amounst of 4-8"

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 04:25 AM
link   
MAJOR DEVELOPMENTS!!!!!

Are you ready? Get prepared if you live in a line from Arkansas up to Michigan... Also get ready east of there in ohio just in case.

The more I look at things, the more I am concerned that for a 6-8 hour period Friday, we are going to have near blizzard if not blizzard criteria conditions from Missouri through Illinois into Michigan.

1. You have a trough going that will become highly negative as it travels from Arkansas to Michigan. The negative tilt of the trough will cause intense upward motion and rapid deepening of the storm from Arkansas to Michigan.

2. During the deepening phase, very cold air is going to be pulled into the storm. Temperatures will fall into the 20s and teens turning the rain over to a heavy wet then powdery type of a snow. Convection wrapping into the storm will create snow rates 2-3 inches per hour and the winds will be gusting 40-50 mph on the back side of the storm as the isobars become aligned with the upper level wind field.

3. Roads will go over to an instant glaze in many areas and some places will have the worst driving conditions seen in a long time.

4. The area I am most concerned for blizzard conditions and just awful weather given what I see tonight...
kansas city to Davenport to near Milwaukee to Saginaw to west of Detroit to north of Indianapolis to near St Louis and back to Kansas City. I think that area has the best chance of seeing the worst of the storm.

I will say, I am still concerned for a slightly eastward shift in the track of the storm. If that happens, then I will have to move the area east as well. In any case, folks living in the Midwest should be preparing for a really nasty Friday.

My last concern for the night. It's been bothering me as to why the models have not been showing the third wave. I am not sure if they just overwhelm the whole east with cold air and just lose it or what, but typically, whch that much trough hanging back, a third wave of low pressure should run along the front from the Alabama to Virginia on Sunday into Monday. If that happens, and keep your fingers cross you snow lovers, that's how we get the snow in the East. You have to remember, a few day ago, this was going to be a strong front crossing the country with rain changing to snow all the way to the coast. Now we have a storm coming along the front and one that will be nasty, so why should we believe the models tonight and think that the front just goes sloshing across the Southeast without a third wave of love pressure to push things along. Makes one think doesn't it..

[edit on 11/28/2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Pardon the ignorance but is that red batch in Canada also coming down through to the Twin Cities MN?
Our weather has changed drastically and will continue to do so throughout the week but they aren't calling for any major snow.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
get ready dday, as the storm has shifted east. and no that snow is going from south to north

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Models are all over the damn place, making it impossible to say where the storm is going. 2 of the 4 gfs runs has the storm at a more eastern track, and the nam is the same. I am still going with the first report of a more eastern track... we'll know all tomorrow for sure once that low forms

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I think this is a little west of where the actual track will be. I think 50 miles east.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
HMMMM LOC

The weather report for the Miami Valley Region of South West Ohio has changed.. We are now told to expect a 40 degree drop off at sunrise on Friday Dec 1st. We are being told to expect a high of only 31 instead of high 50's as predicted a few days ago when the stream of H pressure was coming from the south. Now a L pressure system is moving in. In the early morning hours of the 1st we should expect 1-2 inches of snow. More snow then expected, as they earlier predicted nothing at all, and advise finale estimates will not be available until tomorrow. Could you be right? Near blizzard conditions in the Ohio Valley?? Who knows??? I have Friday off so a good snow storm would be wonderful. Hope your right LOC and if you are I will retract all past arguments against you.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Lordof Chaos, you seem to know what you're talking about. I remember you predicting a storm last year (I think it was you), and you were right! You predicted it like 12 days before the storm came based on the maps you've read. Impressive!

Now here's hoping your prediction is right again, because I really, REALLY want this blizzard to come on the day I have to take my anatomy and physiology lab practical/final (Just so I have an extra day to study!).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join