It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Major Snow For the East!!!!!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well NOAA has Updated my Forcats Here in Detroit

Right now they calling for 3-6 inches

Just waiting for the winter Storm Watch to be posted now.

Zintac

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
well to all who doubted me, I guess I was off. I will put out my new snowfall totals map here in a few.
It don't look like OH will see anything, but an inch or 2. same for PA....

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Here is my updated snowfall map, I will make changes if needed

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zintac
Well NOAA has Updated my Forcats Here in Detroit

Right now they calling for 3-6 inches

Just waiting for the winter Storm Watch to be posted now.

Zintac

im in mid michigan thay just called intill late friday. good call

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Hey LoC,
What is the outlook for the western portion of Virgina? Local WX is calling for highs ~40F and Lows in the 20s. You think this front will have the juice to push all the way east....or will it diw out?

Check out the temp diff between Dallas and OKC!!! WOW

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Just saw this:

www.cnn.com...

brill

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
well, At least there is a storm, I did miss the locations, but I did predict a storm... Do I get credit for that... lol
I will explain one thing to you all. With winter storms, it is damned near impossible to predict the impact outside of 24 hours, The model runs last night didn't look too horrible for the ohio valley, but didn't pan out, which is why I didn't mention it.
Look for my next thread where I will give more than 1 possibility for the next storm, so there will be more than 1 opinion on what can happen

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s

I dunno LOC, they are still calling for 6-12" locally in the city of Chicago right now ... I think it may stay a little west of your map (although currently it DOES seem as if the majority of the activity is still to the south and east of here).

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What I am working on right now...

Of course this is 384 hours out, but something nice to look at

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Hey fivers, yea I am gonna stick with 6-12 in chicago, the only major change is in say ohio and michigan, most of ohio wont see 1-3" the western coner could see 2-4 which is what I am going with in detroit. There is another storm 7 days out, kinda gunshy to post it considering this storm didn't go the way I wanted it to go.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797

Anyway, I haven't seen you mention NJ? Just forgetting about us like that? haha.

New Joisey... Isn't that the suburb between NYC and Philly, with some piney woods between parkways?

j/k!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
lol not anymore it isn't. whens the last time you been here? 10-15 years ago?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Pretty much all of Oklahoma (except for the panhandle) is now in a winter storm warning.

Far N.E. and N. Central Okla. are in a blizzard warning.

It's pretty bad here right now.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Jersey is the armpit between NY and the rest of the nation.

LoC, thought you might like to know that last night's 11 PM news in NYC discussed the change in weather and the possibility that the season's first flakes might be seen Sunday into Monday. No accumulations but snow nonetheless. Predicting snow for a state that was sitting in 69 degree weather is a talent pal.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

Originally posted by l0rds0fcha0s

I dunno LOC, they are still calling for 6-12" locally in the city of Chicago right now ... I think it may stay a little west of your map (although currently it DOES seem as if the majority of the activity is still to the south and east of here).

That map called for 3-6 inches in my area! Know how much I awoke to?

Blue skyies, sun.. very windy but it never, not once snowed. Not even a mix of rain and snow. Infact as far as I know no city in Ohio has gotten snow.

You did predict a storm.. but common sense says when in a H a L will come along, so I can't give you credit for that. But don't feel to bad, every weather man last night was informing us on how best to be prepared for a wintery mix and up to 2 inches of snow. At least they didn't get carried away and cancel schools 24 hours in advance like they sometimes do lol.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
That map called for 3-6 inches in my area! Know how much I awoke to?

Blue skyies, sun.. very windy but it never, not once snowed. Not even a mix of rain and snow. Infact as far as I know no city in Ohio has gotten snow.

You did predict a storm.. but common sense says when in a H a L will come along, so I can't give you credit for that. But don't feel to bad, every weather man last night was informing us on how best to be prepared for a wintery mix and up to 2 inches of snow. At least they didn't get carried away and cancel schools 24 hours in advance like they sometimes do lol.

Well the storm tracked more northerly than originally thought by everyone, inculding all the computer models. Considering LOC had predicted the storm 7-8 days out fairly accurately I think he DOES deserve credit. It obviously gets harder to predict a path of a storm as it goes to the east across the nation. Had that trough shifted a little to the east you would have had horrible snow in the Northeast tonight into tomorrow. He was more accurate with his predictions than every weather man in Chicago ... even the god known as Tom Skilling (WGN) was a little off and didn't even mentioned this storm until 4-5 days ago.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:20 PM
link   
My kid just called from college. Their town got hit by a tornado today, SE of Pittsburgh. Lacrosse practice got cancelled and sounded like they're partying. I told them to stay off the roads, they don't need any trouble there while damages are being cleared up. Tomorrow they can go hunting for firewood.

Storms leave thousands without power
More than 10,000 people are without power in Southwestern Pennsylvania after severe thunderstorms rolled through the region this morning.

Winds possibly exceeding 70 miles an hour ripped through Greensburg shortly before lunch, scattering debris across Main Street in front of the former Troutman building, damaging a vehicle near the Westmoreland County Courthouse and damaging the new parking garage under construction.

Armpit, eh? Don't forget the gizzards between Boston and Richmond, our east coast megalopolis. Yes, I confess... it's probably been twenty or more except for a jaunt from Easton to NYC a few years back. I have cousins in Camden (Merchantsville) who have a house at the shore that we visited as kids. Cherry Hill Mall was my big excursion there. So I have no idea what the landscapes look like now.

Norfolk Southern also said service was being delayed in the Midwest because of the severe winter storms that dumped heavy accumulations of snow and ice in that region.

Reminds me of my favorite Twain, where the Congress gets stuck in a snow drift and eat ... Oops, almost gave it away! But they did it by Parliamentary Procedure.

"On the 19th of December, 1853, I started from St. Louis on the evening
train bound for Chicago. There were only twenty-four passengers, all
told. There were no ladies and no children. We were in excellent
spirits, and pleasant acquaintanceships were soon formed. The journey
bade fair to be a happy one; and no individual in the party, I think, had
even the vaguest presentiment of the horrors we were soon to undergo.

"At 11 P.m. it began to snow hard. Shortly after leaving the small
village of Welden, we entered upon that tremendous prairie solitude that
stretches its leagues on leagues of houseless dreariness far away toward
the jubilee Settlements. The winds, unobstructed by trees or hills, or
even vagrant rocks, whistled fiercely across the level desert, driving
the falling snow before it like spray from the crested waves of a stormy
sea. The snow was deepening fast; and we knew, by the diminished speed
of the train, that the engine was plowing through it with steadily
increasing difficulty. Indeed, it almost came to a dead halt sometimes,
in the midst of great drifts that piled themselves like colossal graves
across the track. Conversation began to flag. Cheerfulness gave place
to grave concern. The possibility of being imprisoned in the snow, on
the bleak prairie, fifty miles from any house, presented itself to every
mind, and extended its depressing influence over every spirit."

[edit on 1-12-2006 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fiverz

Well the storm tracked more northerly than originally thought by everyone, inculding all the computer models. Considering LOC had predicted the storm 7-8 days out fairly accurately I think he DOES deserve credit.

actually, it was more like 10 days out....how many forecasters out there can do that one accurately?

kudos to LOC (and a wats).

[edit on 1-12-2006 by snafu7700]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Yep, nice one. Weather is a bit topsy-turvy for my tastes as we have yet to see a flake. Figure you were as accurate as anyone on this one. Good on you for letting it hang out there. WATS.

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Thanks all for the kind comments, makes me feel good, considering my original post was off on where the snow would hit. The models showed my scenario for most of the 10 days, but the last 3 days the modles went nuts and showed the storm east, then west, then east, and then west again. I knew we weren't gonna get snow here man, I just didn't update my map.... But Chicago didn't get the snow they thought my map was more accurate on that I think they got like 3 or 4 inches. Look for my next thread, on the next storm...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join