It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Major Snow For the East!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
As I had told you before, I would be posting maps soon.
There is a major front developing, which could tur the midwest from ohio to new england into a snow machine next Friday. Understanding this is still 10 days away, but it looks big folks, real big. From the data I have now, it looks as though people from ohio across PA will see up to a foot of the white stuff, Places like boston, NYC, and others along the eastern seaboard could see up to 2 feet of snow!!!!!, I will definitly keep you posted with all changes.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
10-Day Forecast for Yonkers, NY (10703)...

no snow for friday, november 24th...

no data on the friday after, although it is supposed to rain the day before...

where is your information from???

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:13 AM
link   
In my experience that's WAY to far in advance to predict snow in NYC...

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
In my experience that's WAY to far in advance to predict snow in NYC...

10 day forecasts in general are usually unreliable

hell, the forecasts for tomorrow could be wrong, a bit

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   
RIIIIGHT.

First off, the East already got the big snow in Buffalo..

Secondly um, Friday forcast says mild, highs in the upper 50's to low 60's bright and sunny.

Nice change if you ask me seeing as this morning it was 26F .. froze my junk off warming up the car..

EDit to add I am in Ohio.

South West Ohio to be exact.
They predicted a very wet summer.. it was dry..
They predicted a hot summer.. it was bellow average
They predicted an early fall.. It didn't get cold until 2 weeks ago.. light snow this past sunday and coldest day was today.. pretty late considering it is November..
They predicted a wet and very cold winter, driving natural gas prices up...
They then predicted a mild winter with a several large storms..
They now predict a very warm winter with few major snow storms (6inches+ at a time)

My advice is do as I do! ... stop watching any weather people. Id have better luck asking my wall how tomorow will feel.

[edit on 11/22/2006 by Rockpuck]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Secondly um, Friday forcast says mild, highs in the upper 50's to low 60's bright and sunny.

i was going to mention this too but i felt bad because, if i did, i would be discrediting everything l0rds0fcha0s was saying

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:26 AM
link   
not this friday, next friday the 1st of december.. wait and see. I use the most high tech weather maps and data available.... trust me it is coming

[edit on 11/22/2006 by l0rds0fcha0s]

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Well I don't mean to put ya down at all.

But can u show me a map? I mean if a storm is coming I need new tires, preferably before it hits.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I will show you the 00 run of the gfs. I will edit it on here in 1 sec

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:14 PM
link   
UPDATE!!!
The GFS is doing it's normal waffling with the storm. It is now showing the storm going across the upper midwest through the great lakes, with a secondary storm developing in the east. Not too sure where this storm is heading, but the most likely scenario will be the eastern seaboard.

Thanksgiving travel update
The storm in the east right now, will cause many travel problems tonight into tomorrow morning. As the rain will turn to freezing rain in NY

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hey They See All, I see you've posted a 10 day forecast for Yonkers, Ny. My old home! I lived there for a while then I moved to the south, And if your from the Y.O then you must know about ghette square, I used live around Elm street where all the crimes happened
Its nice to know people from Yonkers go onto ATS
And yeah 2 feet fo snow for NY would'nt be irregular, i mean i remember in 98 or on of those years we had about 3-4, currently I live in SC and I'm hoping I get to see some snow

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I remember last year Lords of Chaos made weather predictions. He was ALWAYS absolutely accurate. I used his reports all last winter so I'd know when a storm was coming. If he says it's going to be a heavy snow, you better get out those snow tires.

LOC as I remember doesn't use the regular weather reports. He has his own system. Did I get that right LOC? And thanks for posting this information, it was very helpful to me last winter.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
LOC glad to see you back and keeping us informed.
Dont' give a second thought to some of these cracks on this thread, I personally enjoy and look forward to your updates.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I use weather maps, But I also have alot of expeirience doing it, so i also have a thing called intuition. I still think the spot I said yesterday will get quite a storm, as out lined in the map above.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I have a feeling LORD is correct- I put my money on his being right-

snow by end of next week...

For my support, I would like you to, in general terms,
tell us (or me) how you crunch the data to come up with your
brilliant long-term meteorological predictions...

Do you use conventional techniques- or something new and radical?

I am a neophyte... I know nothing of the science... but-
I am interested in people with gifts of any kind-
and I am sensing you have a gift for this.

PS

Is your name referring to those killers in Florida who say they are wrongly accused? If so, do you think they are wrongly accused?

Let's go snow!!! I am looking forward to fresh powder, baby! Whooooohooo!

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sympthons_WDF
Hey They See All, I see you've posted a 10 day forecast for Yonkers, Ny. My old home! I lived there for a while then I moved to the south, And if your from the Y.O then you must know about ghette square, I used live around Elm street where all the crimes happened
Its nice to know people from Yonkers go onto ATS
And yeah 2 feet fo snow for NY would'nt be irregular, i mean i remember in 98 or on of those years we had about 3-4, currently I live in SC and I'm hoping I get to see some snow

niiice...

l0rds0fcha0s, where are those maps from???

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
No my name is a band I was in from age 13- 16 my 2 best friends were in it with me, my best friend and guitarist passed away in 01 and I use this name for everything for the most part, in dedication to him.
I use alot of weather maps, But I also get feelings for these types of things. I can sense it. you know kinda like people with arthritus say they can tell when a storm is coming. I am that way with winter weather I have a knack.. My forecast models help too.
I am wrong sometimes, but I am not afraid to admit it or change my forecast if I feel it isn't going to do what I first said. by monday I will have a pretty clear picture of how things will unfold. should be about 95% accurate for next friday's snowfall by monday.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Update!!!!! The storm count is officially on...

Storm 1: A massive cold front coming out of Canada will set the stage for the big snow events next week. A strong storm will hit the dakota's and hit it hard. Look for an all out blizzard there with heavy snows, cold temps, and high winds. The cold air will push south far enough for Denver to get snow as well...

Storm 2: I haven't got a handle on the eastern seaboared storm yet, but for the midwest and east I do.
A wave of low pressure behind the arctic front will spread a swath of snow for the midwest to the northeast, that will cover Kansas, Missouri, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, PA, NY, VT, NH, MA, ME. In the big cities,such as, Boston, NYC, Washington D.C. etc, it's a rain event changing to snow at the end. I still believe a major storm will wind up on the eastern seaboard, but as we get closer to the storm the models go crazy. Look for a possible nor' easter next weekend for the eastern seaboard. From the areas I mentioned above I see a general swath of 4-8" with the exception of the places with the rain to snow, where I can see a general area of 2-4. Local amounts could be 6-12" and 4-8". Will be back tonight with an update...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you know, if your wrong, you could be forever marked as a hoaxer...

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Why are you so critical of him. Yes, its out there for him to be doing forcasts for 10 days out BUT I've seen him in action before he's very accurate. I remember last year he said big snowstorm and huge snowstorm came, one of the only ones last year. Give him a chance without jumping all over him.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join