It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's cant exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This is a good one
SMART PEOPLE LIKE GEORGE BUSH.
BTW. how can you put G.W.Bush in one sentence with Stephen hawking.
Both are existing in two universes.
Sorry Pal!!!....come back into the real world

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   
What, no reply to my points?
Oh I just feel so left out *Sarcasm*

I think this thread should be closed, it's not of any use, and really
is serving to infuriate and annoy.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I think whether UFOs exist or not isn't a really debateably subject anymore. Pertaining to Extraterrestrials.. it's already been officially documented in a lot of cases in Project Blue Book and onto through to Present Day of aircraft defying conventional aircraft maneuvers and pulling too many Gs for a human to withstand (especially at the beginning of the century).

It's not a hard puzzle to put together if you look into the matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Shamantor, I got two words for you, Goodbye, Troll.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I think that I read somewhere on the internet that there are refrences of ufos in the bible.Like Moses being led through the desert by a ufo,parting the Red sea,etc.There are even biblical paintings with ufos in them.Anyone else heard of this?I for one believe in God,but I just can't believe we are the only living beings in the entire universe.Just doen't make sense to me.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos

Just on a parting note i haven't taken anything you've said to heart i think you are just creating a controversial thread to get your points up clever thinking tho!

agreed. there is a lot of this going on around here.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by chris01621
(oh, thats right, if aliens exist it disproves everything the bible states)

i register this as sarcasm... so cool. but anways... aliens existing doesnt disprove God at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator

I think we might notice a wormhole opening since it would require more energy than is even in our solar system.

Sure, there could be aliens with wormhole technology zipping about the earth. There could be an invisible gnome in my backyard. There could be an infinite number of possible things if you ignore known science, but without the evidence there is little point in thinking about it.

Point is there is no evidence it's all been thoroughly debunked.

ok ok ok, hold on a moment everyone. lets start discussing this guys opinions with him based on this quote.

sham, please explain to us undeducated sods how you can try to quote scientific points you obviously cant prove, who no one else has proven, say uncategorically that you are following "known science" and that you demand evidence to think about something, and yet...base all of this ultimatly on the bible?

now, to start ill admit, i believe in god and jesus. i do. but i believe in them on faith alone as theres NO HARD SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT EITHER OF THEM.

all we have to base anything on is a book. a very old book written in a language few even speak anymore.

prove to me the existence of god first.
then prove he only created humans (cuz honestly i dont know where in teh bible it says he created ONLY humans...just that he did create us) (oh, and before all of you evolutionists out there jump on me for this know taht i do believe in evolution also, i just dont believe that it "just happened" the universe is a little too orderly for me to think it "just happened")
then prove that someone would 'notice' a wormhole...as no ones seen one, how do u knwo we'd notice it.
prove taht faster than light travel=reversal of time

as a matter of discussion, how about you just prove to me all of what you say.

oh, and to the poster that asked what movie "if it is just us, seems like an aweful waste of space" was from. it was from the movie contact and also was purported to have been said by carl sagan many many times.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

I think we might notice a wormhole opening since it would require more energy than is even in our solar system.

Not really.

If you inject the right amount of exotic into the wormholes event-horizon,
than you could use a fusion power plant to hold it open indefinately.
Of course smaller amounts of exotic matter would have to be added from
time to time.

Point is, we're not technologicaly advanced enough yet to detect a wormhole,
even if it is the more crude kind that uses massive amounts of energy
instead of a more realistic amount of exotic matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Me thinks at worst this is a troll or an attempt to boost his points as his initial post wasnt worth the electronic paper it was printed on

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Why do these threads always come from "new members" that have only just registered? If I was a new member, I would search the many previous threads on exactly the same topic and add my 5 cents to the bottom of that particular thread. I would dip my toes in the water, so to speak. Why do they always come on with some bold statement that suggests they don't even have a real reason to come to this forum, other than to stir up havoc and detract from the threads with real value and geniune intent?

I just don't understand this. They could just find a similar thread posted a week or so ago and add their bit to that. This to me is attention-seeking and showboating - no different to the people who come on here with their role-playing games.

As for the topic itself, I noticed something about people who report these things are drunk or on drugs - what an ignorant thing to say. Yess, the complete Disclosure Project panel were all high and sozzled to their eyeballs! If you're going to debunk this stuff, at least come up with some quality and candour.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShamanatorWhy UFO's cant exist

Why your wrong - because UFO's absolutely positively do exist is why!

Do your research el brighto.

Start with doing some simple history research. Eric Von Daniken - Chariots of the Gods is a good place to start, and then go from there el brighto!

If you can't figure it out that aliens and ufo's must exist, then you are ignorant fool!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Read a few of these posts, so pardon if i repeat, but these are my retorts to your ridiculous premise.

1. police, airline pilots, fighter pilots, and at least one confirmed astronaut.

2.fatima, and other such religious miracles, since you want to bandy about mass delusion.

3.our own physicists theorize that this may indeed be possible, and we have managed to teleport already.yeah, it was only a photon, but not ten years ago that was classified as science fiction. imagine what the capability will be in another 10, 100, 1000??

4.why are there so many religious idiots; ole' georgy, falwell, ad nauseaum? ok, nothing to do with it ,but what the hell, we're all thinking it. roswell has never been proven adequately by either side, but the evidence albeit circumstantial points to the ufo crazies being correct and the military full of # as usual. besides you definition of hoax is incorrect. unless you mean the part about project mogul.......

5. in the what by the who now? please look in a mirror and reread the first line of answer 4, then do a little research on the topic you chose to try and debunk with your superstitious gobbledy gook.in the bible god tells us......what a freaking crock.
bible tells you to beat your kids to.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I think this thread is a giant lame joke. Let it die.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
1:: They are always seen by people who are drunk and or drugs and never by intelligent people

As has been said, perhaps they are intelligent enough to target those the general population would not believe, so that they remain undetected. Or perhaps its because the drunk, drugged and mentally inferior are not locked down by the physical world and distracted by modern day #e and stress, leaving their minds free to and receptive? Your bible has plenty of loonies in it. Some bloke went up a mountain and said god spoke only to him and give him these commandments, which he conveniently wrote on stone. This was the same bloke who claimed a burning bush spoke to him, I believe. Moses had a tripping time seems to me. His promised land today would be at the end of a syringe

Sure some nutty delusional types claim to have seen aliens but nutty dellusional types aint restriced to aliens and UFOs. Religion has certainly had its fair share...and look at George W Bush (god told him to go to war) for evidence of a religious delussional man.

2:: All Aliens that are seen look the same proving a mass delusion

All images that religious nuts see look the same to me. Take that jesus bloke...the alleged messiah (done a good job didn't he) and the whore / mother mary. People see their faces in rocks, crackers, laminate flooring etc. The church usually the Cathies exclaim "Its a miracle!!" Religious nuts are going round saying this looks like someone they never met. Someone who never left an image of their likeness.
These people are as mad and deluded as any drunk, drugged mentally ill alien witness.

3:: The distance between stars is light years and if any aliens developed travel fast enough theyd end up going faster than light and end up back in time.

Yea even if they end up back in time they could come from the future, did you think about that? Even if they could not get back home they could leave evidence of their existence for their subsequent generations to pick up. Explorers on a one way trip? Why not?

4:: Why are there so many hoaxes like the famous roswell hoax.

There will always be hoaxes, the church has its fair share. The Turin Shroud comes to mind. The cathies worshipped it for years (against the bible) and when science said it was too young they still worshipped it. Some even believed that god changed the law of physics to test the believers.

5:: In the bible God tells us he made man only.

The bible is bull. A collection of fables collated to support a corrupt point of view. Even then these sources cant agree, look at the gospels. Any how isn't there references to UFOs in the bible? Ezekiel's wheel? And what of the "Giants" in the old days...they stood out enough to be mentioned separately, could they have been alien. Personally I would have more of a belief in Von Danikens contention (or elements of it anyway) that the god(s) were in fact aliens, than I would believe that any of the abrahamic books were telling the truth of an all seeing, all powerful entity.

Thing is the bible is adaptive. Believers thought heaven was above us until man went up there. Hell is just a lot of hot rock below us. Now intelligent design is the truth and flawed evolution is wrong

I am unsure as to whether or not aliens have visited earth or indeed exist. But I believe their existence more than your god. By the way shouldn't you respectfully spell bible with a capital "B" if you really are religious and not just out to cause controversy?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
this has to be the worst started thread in ATS history
to say all accounts of UFOs were people who were stoned or drunk is pathetic
if you brought some evidence to your claims then maybe you had a chance to change some peoples minds
but with this...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   

5:: In the bible God tells us he made man only.

Who created Angels? Or are you implying they were there before god?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   
hows this thread working out for ya?

[edit on 2-9-2006 by krossfyter]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
I think this thread should be closed, it's not of any use, and really is serving to infuriate and annoy.

I think it's entertaining. These people are fun! Really, you can name a fact and they'll scramble for years to debunk that fact. Fifty years ago, it was 'there are no aliens and you have to believe us', then it became 'people who see UFOs are drunk', then when video came along, 'UFO videos are a hoax'. And we've all seen their wild fantasies regarding abductions. ("We made a guy hallucinate a penguin! So penguins aren't real! No wait I mean aliens -")

It's great. The followers of the 'no aliens' belief usually hang out on their secret sites where they can talk about things like the flat-Earth model without fear of dispute ("Some people believe the Earth is round because they enjoyed playing with balls as a kid" etc etc), but it's exciting when they come here to the outside world have and their beliefs dashed to pieces.

Doesn't it leave you wondering what they'll think of next? I love it

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Theoreticly say there are aliens and they are light years away as presumed (highly unlikely)

There is A thought I came up with a few Years ago Whilst Reading "A Breif History of Time"

Basicly the Universe(visible part) is Very "Uniform" or was that "Entropy" Can't remeber, anyway it meant that the Universe is the Same all over, I'd dig it out but the book is lodged under Piles of stuff and Studio Gear.

So no part of the Universe is Unique there are no "Patches" of "Special Galaxies or Sol Systems" Which would Imply to me that our Planet and Solarsytem Structure and Mechanism is Pretty Common, yes theres probley not in the near vacinity (10-50 llightyears away but your not looking at the Bigger Picture. 50 lightyears is like a Speck of dust Compared to the size of Australia, more so.

There are Theories that suggest you can alter a Field Around a ship that Won't be Affected by Space time and use that field to propell the ship through spacetime (without actually "moving" Think of it like Tank tracks yes? the Tank Tracks dont move across the floor.) .. If we have a theory, then Beings Millions of years ahead could Shurley achive this or somthing Similar.

As for them Finding us... Really easy, really really easy using a simple Meathod.

Using Tech we will have in Ten years!!!! ok,
They can "See" Planets That have Methane in there atmospheres, which Indicates "organic Waste producing life"
now they can measure How far back in time that was from How many lightyears away there Viewing it from. Simple.

Now they can Narrow Down a list Of planets that have had say what evers best , 60 million years for example of Time to evolve into More complex even Inteligent life

--Please can some one more intelligent than me tell us how far away that planet would be if there viewing the light 60 million years old?--thanx in advance.

Its really not that Difficult for us in ten years when they get that new telescope up n running to find Good canditate Planets that could have intelligent life, imagine what Tecniques beings millions of years ahead would have,... The mind Boggles!!!

Ontop of all that (And I nurge everyone to take it with a pinch of salt as I got 0 Proof) I Witnessed " to Inteligently controlled craft which looked like Glowing Jelly fish Flying at high speed and Hiding behind clouds this time last year which Absoloutly floored me. if my Camcoeder was Charged up We all Wouldent be having this Conversation.

Thank you for Listening Shamanator

[edit on 2-9-2006 by TrentReznor]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join