It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's cant exist

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Considering that it is esitmated that there are ~50 billion billion stars in the known universe; to think that this mudball of a planet has the only life is not only stupid but extremely naive.

I wish I could get back my 10 minutes I wasted reading a thread from such an obvious troll.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Considering that it is esitmated that there are ~50 billion billion stars in the known universe; to think that this mudball of a planet has the only life is not only stupid but extremely naive.

I wish I could get back my 10 minutes I wasted reading a thread from such an obvious troll.

It breathes a sigh of relief to see someone around here with a good head on their shoulders

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
you know. i kinda think people come here an post threads like this just to stur up an arguement or to get points

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat

you know. i kinda think people come here an post threads like this just to stur up an arguement or to get points

Yeah
You notice it in both UFO/9/11 threads.. well that's what I've mostly noticed them in.

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator
I know a lot of people here believe in UFO's and Aliens like a religion which really is a pity in this day and age. The truth is there are no such things of course why are the people who see UFO's always mentally unstable if there were "REAL" aliens don't you think they would contact smart people like Stephen hawking and George Bush.

i love that you used george bush in a sentence referring to "smart people".
(almost spit my gatorade on my screen...too funny)

also, funny that you bring mention to stephen hawking. stephen would laugh at your trite & cramped '3' x 3' room of consciousness. (theology)

there is a difference between science and theology btw. maybe best to stick to your snakes and apples.
-b

posted on Sep, 5 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masisoar

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat

Yeah
You notice it in both UFO/9/11 threads.. well that's what I've mostly noticed them in.

I've noticed them too. Some of them seem to follow me in my threads..

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   

They are always seen by people who are drunk and or drugs and never by intelligent people

ive only just seen this thread (has just come round from being drunk and high
)

ive seen 2 ufo's, im intelligent (contary to belief in chat) and i wasnt drunk or high, ive also read many abduction accounts that have been verified under hypnosis- you only have to look at the 'Battle of L.A.' to see that ufo's are amongst us.

i cant understand why you would join a site that provides a wealth of information regarding the exsistance of ET's and then say its all rubbish?

The 'proof' we lack is that no goverment has ever decided to blow the whistle on the missing links and come clean about what they know.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   
this thread is worthless
we are not going to achieve anyhting here

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
All religions are created to controll humans, all religions are constructed by aliens that want us in there controll. Science is also a religion, everything in say by sience is a fact no matter what, what they can't back up will be made false statments of to make them seem to know.

I think out of the "box" (the box is our religion/sciense today). And i KNOW both Aliens and UFOs exsist, i have even seen UFOs twice, and i have never drank in my life (yet).

And you can travel faster then light without age a bit, many UFOs that have been caught by the military can travel many times over the speed of light.

Every 1/2 of all the human race have no spirit, they are organic portals created by aliens to keep us in the box, the no-spirit humans are programmed to believe what they are programmed to. The only way you know if you got a spirit, is that you experiencing youself, that you are experiencing the world through your eyes, it's VERY simple, you can't tell who got a spirit or not, but yourself has if you are experiencing you. ye know what i mean.

That's what i think!

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
so you people actually think the government has UFO's yes they probably do but not "ALIEN" ones and certainly not DISK shaped. Why would a supposed superior so advanced they can CHEAT physics ALIEN race waste time talking to a little human Government it boggles the mind how insane that is.

Yeah they are super advanced and yet so scared they have to hide behind the government hahaha

Can you not see how absolutely stupid that is just think about it for more than 10 seconds objectively.

So far this thread has a lot of people claiming I am wrong and a TROLL yet not one has given any real evidence because there isn't any and never will be EVER. Photoshopped pictures of birds and planes don't cut it.

I believe there are people who do believe they have seen a UFO but what have they really seen "lights in the sky, a shooting star, a planet, a satelitte , a strange looking military plane, the list can go on and on. Seriously there is no evidence at all just exagerated storys and delusions.

I like the way everyone tells me i must provide evidence of something not existing that's crazy how can anyone prove that "invisible ninja elfs that walk around doing handstands" dont exist but anyone with a shred of common sense can see that is a crazy idea.

Life in the universe I accept is a tiny possibility but simple physics says we will never meet even if the ALIENS were advanced enough to get into space like ourselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Simple mainstream physics says that God doesn't exist. Call a spade a spade man.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I like the way everyone tells me i must provide evidence of something not existing that's crazy how can anyone prove that "invisible ninja elfs that walk around doing handstands" dont exist but anyone with a shred of common sense can see that is a crazy idea.

yeah..there is a wealth of evidance pointing towards aliens and their ships being real,..how do you explain the multitude of hypnosis recollections?

what about the yestisburg ufo pics? if im correct there yet to be proven fake, even after years of annalysis.

your bold statement

anyone with a shred of common sense can see that is a crazy idea.

no..that would be believing in a god or a supreme being.

(even though i believe in god and dont have any proof he exsists)

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

5:: In the bible God tells us he made man only.

Then what about demons, Angels, Nephilims, bacteria (plagues), viruses (plagues), or the Rahab, or the Leviathan, or the Behemoth?

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

i agree with your entire post with the exception of this paragraph.

and i cant totally disagree with it either...it is entirely likely they dont have our best interests at heart, but to think of them as malicious would be to apply our sense of morality to them. and even to do that we would be hypocrits. they "could" think of us as a novelty, an odd curiosity, maybe even waht they would consider 'almost intelligent'

True, but in the absence of knowledge on their morality, all we have is ours to form a basis of comparison, and the logical conclusion is that they may not be completely malicious, but they don't seem too interested in friendship either.

so you people actually think the government has UFO's yes they probably do but not "ALIEN" ones and certainly not DISK shaped. Why would a supposed superior so advanced they can CHEAT physics ALIEN race waste time talking to a little human Government it boggles the mind how insane that is.

Really? We "advanced" people often seek out remote tribes because we want to learn more about them. Is it so difficult to believe they would do likewise? Just descending through the clouds, it becomes apparent that crops don't grow in squares on their own, and that some kind of intelligence is at work here, so to assume they wouldn't recognize that sentience would actually boggle the mind.

Yeah they are super advanced and yet so scared they have to hide behind the government hahaha

Who said that? The aliens would have it completely in their control whether to reveal their existence or not. A simple landing on the White House lawn would do the trick. So, obviously the secrecy is THEIR idea, and they don't need much help there...

Can you not see how absolutely stupid that is just think about it for more than 10 seconds objectively.

Just did, can you refute it objectively?

So far this thread has a lot of people claiming I am wrong and a TROLL yet not one has given any real evidence because there isn't any and never will be EVER. Photoshopped pictures of birds and planes don't cut it.

This entire board and it's posts give one plenty of EVIDENCE. It doesn't furnish PROOF, but then, if we had that, the discussion would be moot, no? There are scores of government docs, pictures and videos WAY before photoshop (and studied by highly respected scientists), and tons of very credible witness testimony.
You've already demonstrated your ability to believe in something that lacks EVIDENCE (i.e. a God) and certainly has no PROOF, so bit of a glass house syndrome there...

I believe there are people who do believe they have seen a UFO but what have they really seen "lights in the sky, a shooting star, a planet, a satelitte , a strange looking military plane, the list can go on and on. Seriously there is no evidence at all just exagerated storys and delusions

The evidence is plenty of places, including this board, and looking at one thread (i.e. the stickied Classic Cases thread), will show you many of them. Again, you are completely generalizing all sightings by one broad brush, and that is not a logical argument.

You mean like the belief in an invisible, intangible deity in the clouds creating all and walking around dishing out destiny is a crazy idea? Again, glass houses...

Life in the universe I accept is a tiny possibility but simple physics says we will never meet even if the ALIENS were advanced enough to get into space like ourselves.

The ONE thing that is constant in science (including Physics), is that we constantly and consistently learn that everything we knew before is rubbish. We used to KNOW that the Earth was the center of the universe. We used to KNOW that it was flat. We used to KNOW that the atom was the smallest particle. We used to KNOW a lot of things, and all we KNOW now, is that it was all baloney. Similar to what we KNOW about physics today, compared to what we will eventually KNOW. We don't KNOW crap...we just think we do, and we constantly find out we're wrong. But, we have to go with what we think is correct at the time. There's nothing "simple" about the physics involved here really, as far as interstellar travel. Modern physicists have certainly published plenty of articles that allow for the idea of bending space/time and alternate methods of interstellar travel, and all without violating any KNOWN laws of physics as we believe them to be.

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Shamanator is obviously "under the influence" or "on drugs" if anyone didn't realize it yet, lol. No love lost. But uh, I have seen a UFO in my twenty some odd years.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by ResinLA]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
In order for me (and many others) to accept the premise that ufos do not exist, would require individuals to discount, disregard, and admit to themselves that they can not trust their own senses and the stimuli our senses provide our mind. In order for us to accept that there are no such things as ufos we must accept our senses are unreliable.

I know a lot of people here believe in UFO's and Aliens like a religion which really is a pity in this day and age. The truth is there are no such things of course why are the people who see UFO's always mentally unstable if there were "REAL" aliens don't you think they would contact smart people like Stephen hawking and George Bush.

Source/Link:
www.bibleufo.com...

"I know some. I know a fair amount."
-- George Bush replying in 1988 to a question about UFOs while campaigning to become President.

Source/Link:
www.timstouse.com...

"Of course it is possible that UFO's really do contain aliens as many people believe, and the government is hushing it up"

— Comment by Stephen Hawking on C Span Television. Stephen Hawking was the guest lecturer at the second Millennium Evening at the White House on March 6, 1998

Here are the reasons why UFO's are not real

1:: They are always seen by people who are drunk and or drugs and never by intelligent people

I'm here alone manning the 911 Dispatch center at a well known U.S. Airbase. I am neither drunk or on drugs, nor was i when i witnessed and observed ufos.

2:: All Aliens that are seen look the same proving a mass delusion (or more likely baby memorys of seeing their mother before their eyesight is developed) please see this link www.badastronomy.com... for unrefuteable proof

your unrefuteable proof is refutable.

3:: The distance between stars is light years and if any aliens developed travel fast enough theyd end up going faster than light and end up back in time.

No kidding.

4:: Why are there so many hoaxes like the famous roswell hoax.

I'll agree that the Roswell incident was a hoax. It was a hoax to convince others that anything other than an alien spacecraft crashed at Roswell, after having been shot down by humanity in a future time. Perhaps after it was shot, as it decended it travelled years into our past?

5:: In the bible God tells us he made man only.

The bible does not say any such thing.

[edit on 6-9-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Sep, 6 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Sorry but I find this post a bit comical, and completely opinion based. Please post some proof or evidence to back your claims.

...don't you think they would contact smart people like Stephen hawking and George Bush.

It's unfortunate for Stephen Hawking (considered one of the world's leading theoretical physicists and professor of mathematics at the University of Cambridge] be lumped into the category regarding intelect as George Bush. BBC Article

They are always seen by people who are drunk and or drugs and never by intelligent people

Try searching the Disclosure Project, and reference which of the many former Astronauts, Air Force, Navy, and Military personnelle were on Drugs or Alcohol. Or perhapes question what they have to gain or lose by their testimony.

All Aliens that are seen look the same proving a mass delusion (or more likely baby memorys of seeing their mother before their eyesight is developed) please see this link www.badastronomy.com... for unrefuteable proof

This is only my opinion but if isolated events were described in the same way would it be more believable not less believable? This crosses race, culture and language.

Also I found the above article a bit questionable rather unrefuteable
Quote "And yet, there are so many similarities between alien abduction stories and the way mothers take care of infants."
Really? Like what? They way they love, nuture and care for their abductees?

The distance between stars is light years and if any aliens developed travel fast enough theyd end up going faster than light and end up back in time.

This, for one is only a theory. Not to mention science is not only just begining to indentify that a multi-dimentional reality could exsist, but could also facilate such means of travel. Reference Superstring Theory.

Why are there so many hoaxes like the famous roswell hoax.

If Roswell was such a hoax why has the US Government yet to come up with a concrete explaination of the incident.

In the bible God tells us he made man only.

Can we have a direct reference for this too?

posted on Sep, 7 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   

1:: They are always seen by people who are drunk and or drugs and never by intelligent people

I think it isn't the alcohol, it is the marsh gas which supposedly spontaneaously combusts into metalic craft which make right angle turns and travel at supersonic speeds.

ALSO, I think your theory of faster than light time travel needs a flux capacitor in its design.

You can take my reply as tongue in cheek.

I consider myself to be fairly intelligent and not a drunkard, nor do I use drugs. I have also seen several UFOs in my lifetime. I do not suggest that what I have seen is extraterrestrial in nature, but is definitely something which I cannot explain.

I have seen supersonic objects leaving contrails which stop on a dime and others make right angle turns leaving the contrail as proof of what I just saw it do. If you could tell me what aviation manufacturer is capable of making and flying craft like that, I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

I have also seen a diamond shaped object just a few hundred yards away hovering above the ground which had no usual engine noise, but more like a deep vibrating hum which I could feel in my chest. I had another person with me who saw the exact same thing I did.

I am sure that my experiences have no place in your reality. After reading your words, I am somehow okay with that.

posted on Sep, 12 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
posted to the wrong thread sorry removed

[edit on 12-9-2006 by Teknikal]

posted on Sep, 13 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xman_in_blackx

ALSO, I think your theory of faster than light time travel needs a flux capacitor in its design.

It isn't my theory I am just following time dilation and general relativity to the natural conclusions. We know for a fact time will slow down right up until lightspeed is reached and then will stop completely. Is faster than lightspeed travel possible more than likely not but so many people say oh but the Aliens will travel faster than lightspeed these distances are no problem my observation is if you somehow accelerate faster than light you are also going to reverse time. I'm actually quite happy with us never breaking lightspeed the vaster distances are between stars the better in my opinion.

I consider myself to be fairly intelligent and not a drunkard, nor do I use drugs. I have also seen several UFOs in my lifetime. I do not suggest that what I have seen is extraterrestrial in nature, but is definitely something which I cannot explain.

People make mistakes most ufo photos show that the mind is also very capable of playing strong tricks on people. That being said yes there are real UFO's that can never and will never be identified. Some child loses their silver helium baloon with the light catching it to make just the right effect. I'd also go as far as saying apart from the innocent mistakes people make misidentifying there are real hoaxers out there who get their kicks out of faking sighting.
an interesting Tv show I watched was around theis very idea. The British UFO hoax they basicly made a ufo shaped baloon added lights tiny motors made it radio controlled and flew it around. This
fakery conducted for a tv show made the headlines as a genuine UFO sighting as far as Mexico.

I have seen supersonic objects leaving contrails which stop on a dime and others make right angle turns leaving the contrail as proof of what I just saw it do. If you could tell me what aviation manufacturer is capable of making and flying craft like that, I would be very interested in hearing what you have to say.

Sounds to me like experimental aircraft testing the very fact it leaves contrails at all would convince me It is earth technology.

I have also seen a diamond shaped object just a few hundred yards away hovering above the ground which had no usual engine noise, but more like a deep vibrating hum which I could feel in my chest. I had another person with me who saw the exact same thing I did.

Diamond is a very popular shape among the military at the minute I'm not sure you are being completely honest but I guess it is possible there are some type of stealth blimps the hum would be a telltale sign possibly some type of experiment but almost certainly earthly.

I am sure that my experiences have no place in your reality. After reading your words, I am somehow okay with that.

Return to sender.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join