It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's cant exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   
So many people clinging dearly to their unsupported beliefs on this thread yet I see no evidence at all
the police fire military etc take just as many drugs as anyone else.

Most people claim to see a UFO because they want attention and/or fame or where just too drunk to recognise an airplane.

It's shameful some would even mock the bible thinking that proves their point whats next putting honest scientists in the gas chambers?

The fact is people only started to see UFO's after sci fi movies were already here.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Shamanator,

I've spent 15 mins of my Good life listening to your Dribble whilst I should be Doing this Cover version Of Dead souls by Nine Inch Nails/Joy Devision.

You Posted without reading my post please go back to the end of page three and
"Discuss in an Aduldt Manner" the matter at hand

Thankyou.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator

rofl, I love their belief system. So the best you can do is your 'drugs and the bible' method? The bible one went out with the 70's and the drugs one was a thing of the 90's. You'll have to promote your religion with something fresh - something new and edgy; something for the new millennium. You could say the UFOs are actually fireballs thrown by Chuck Norris to defeat evil demons of the underworld.

[edit on 9/2 by Zareste]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

1:: They are always seen by people who are drunk and or drugs and never by intelligent people

I've previously sought examples of express statements that only idiots believe in, or report, UFOs.

Despite quite a lot of comments about the amount of ridicule in relation to ufology, the relevant thread produced very few explicit examples - so thank you very much for your statement.

As I noted in that thread, Philip J Klass (a UFO skeptic) made the following comment in his book "UFOs Explained" (in the Introduction):

"Some skeptics dismiss the UFO question without investigation in the belief that reports come only from 'kooks'. This is not so, as numerous UFO cases analyzed in this book will demonstrate. Many come from seemingly honest, intelligent and often well-educated citizens, including scientists, law-enforcement officers and aircraft flight crews."

Similarly, the Condon Report (which, to put it mildly, is not generally considered to be biased in favour of ETH proponents) includes a section by Aldora Lee on opinion polls relating to UFOs.

That section suggests that in fact there is some evidence that the _greater_ their education, the _more_ likely people are to think that flying saucers are "real".

Page 320 of the version of the Condon Report available online at the link below includes the following: "Although the relationships are not strong, the results of the 1966 Gallup poll suggest that education is related to opinions. The greater the education, the higher the proportion who indicated they have heard of flying saucers, who think they are real rather than the product of imagination and who believe that there are people somewhat like ourselves living on other planets." See:

ncas.sawco.com...

All the best,

Isaac Koi

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:08 AM
link   
1. All people who believe in god are drunks, this is evidenced by the fact that they take communion.

2. No-one has ever described what god looks like.....

3. The ONLY suggestion of god is in a 3000 year old book......

4.There are SO many evagalists all saying god talks to them, but they all have something different to say.

5. I remember reading somewhere that there was no god.... oh yeah and some guy on TV told me too...

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

So many people clinging dearly to their unsupported beliefs on this thread yet I see no evidence at all

Originally posted by Shamanator Deny Ignorance

I'm sorry, these two comments just don't go together.

Originally posted by Shamanator Most people claim to see a UFO because they want attention and/or fame

To be honest, Shamanator, I think you are the one after attention and/or fame. You don't seem to be taking in to account that other people have different views on just about everything and to try and prove your point with such ignorant remarks like " Only stupid people, drunk people, or people on drugs see ufo's" is just... well, ignorant, lol.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos

Would be an awful waste of space if we were the only species in it. (can someone tell me what film thats from cant remember)

it's from Contact and i agree with it .Also it wouldn't say much for the universe if we were the most intelligent species in it

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Please dont take my above post as an attack against religious beliefs. It was not meant as such...

It was meant as a spoof on the OP's incredibly stupid arguments....

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Mmm as well just to close this thread down, just seems like a blatant attempt at trolling as his posts have proved so far.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This guy hasn;t said anything that hasn't been said a thousand times before, he just chose a less..........intellectual and more insulting way of saying it.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The thread title should have been both the start and the end of this thread... c'mon ATS, don't give guys like this a chance

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
7:: If UFO's actually did exist why are you all trying to silence the truth I speak like some kind of religious crusade.

I concede that it was out of line to claim every sighting was drunk or drug induced some are simply venus, other airplanes, blimps, swamp gas, and other mistaken phenomena.

The fact remains that there is absolutely zero evidence of any kind for Aliens visiting Earth outside of blurry pics, delusions, wishfull thinking etc

The size of the Universe dictates that even if there were 2 advanced species they would never know of each other. The likelyhood is even if life did exist elsewhere it would probably be no more inteligent than a common earth animal.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The title should be "Why I think UFO's cant exist". Seeing as you hardly finalise anything. They're YOUR views on why YOU think it's all a bunch of crock. Your completely within your own right to have your views, and to share your views... but don't try and make the members on this forum sound like idiots for not sharing your views

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
It's clear that your knowledge of the UFO phenomena is zero by your ignorant remarks. You have succeeded in stirring the hornets nest which I think was your intent. Maybe you should try the BTS forums to post your jokes.
My advice for the rest is to ignore this thread thus denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   

7:: If UFO's actually did exist why are you all trying to silence the truth I speak like some kind of religious crusade.

I concede that it was out of line to claim every sighting was drunk or drug induced some are simply venus, other airplanes, blimps, swamp gas, and other mistaken phenomena.

The fact remains that there is absolutely zero evidence of any kind for Aliens visiting Earth outside of blurry pics, delusions, wishfull thinking etc...

The size of the Universe dictates that even if there were 2 advanced species they would never know of each other. The likelyhood is even if life did exist elsewhere it would probably be no more inteligent than a common earth animal.

The fact remains that there is absolutly zero evidence of any kind for the existince of god ...except for delusions and wishful thinking...not even the blurry pics. So....how can you quote "god" as "proof"?

Where the hell are you getting your info? I think your making it up as you go.....

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Tiloke]

[edit on 2-9-2006 by Tiloke]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:03 AM
link   

5:: In the bible God tells us he made man only.

Ahh the old religious excuse.

Show me your god and I'll show you my alien !

See, we meet at an immediate impasse. I have no alien and no proof. You have no god and therefore no proof.

You believe in a book and I believe in little shiny things which have been seen flying in our airspace.

You believe you are right. I believe there is a chance I'm right, but I'm willing to accept I could be wrong.

I can take it or leave it....I doubt you can turn your back on religion so easily....

We do however share a common faith. We both believe in things we can't prove but feel is right.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by timb3r]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   

The truth is there are no such things of course why are the people who see UFO's always mentally unstable if there were "REAL" aliens don't you think they would contact smart people like Stephen hawking and George Bush.

you're kidding, right?

1:: They are always seen by people who are drunk and or drugs and never by intelligent people

I've never done drugs, and i've never been drunk. blows your theory out of the water doesnt it?

2:: All Aliens that are seen look the same proving a mass delusion (or more likely baby memorys of seeing their mother before their eyesight is developed) please see this link www.badastronomy.com... for unrefuteable proof

so, when a group of people see a home run at a baseball game, are they experiencing a mass delusion too?

3:: The distance between stars is light years and if any aliens developed travel fast enough theyd end up going faster than light and end up back in time.

c'mon, Warp Drives, warping space to go faster, much faster, than the speed of light. there's even the possibility of subspace travel.

4:: Why are there so many hoaxes like the famous roswell hoax.

if your only proof of this is Mack Brazel (sorry, i cant spell names for crap) saying he found a weather balloon, after the alleged cover up, you're missing the part where government officials came to him, and told him that if he said anything, his bones will be picked out of the sand. that would change your story real fast, wouldn't it?

5:: In the bible God tells us he made man only.

does that mean all men, or just christians, what about the followers of hinduism or budhism?
and deos that mean evolution does not exist even with all the evidence to prove otherwise?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Not to forget there is also the science of bending space and time to get someone other than using speed, A.K.A. the shortest distance between two dots on a piece of paper is to bend it in half, not to travel in a straight line.

Also, I think you will find that the bible on no accounts says that god made man only, it does not say anything at all about other worlds and species.
Does this mean that if someone is not mentioned they do not exist?

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Most people claim to see a UFO because they want attention and/or fame or where just too drunk to recognise an airplane.

It's shameful some would even mock the bible thinking that proves their point whats next putting honest scientists in the gas chambers?

The fact is people only started to see UFO's after sci fi movies were already here.

Deny Ignorance

Hey Shamanator I love your thread. Is been awhile since I've laughded so much in ATS. Congratulation my friend, you are the absolut winner of the
flag of the month and I can tell openly you are the best winner ever

Yes buddy DENY IGNORANCE is a good thing but starts with getting informed and well aware of a certain subject. Is not an expression that one can use like is chewing gum

Be cool man and start reading and researching things before making such silly claimes.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Old paintings have been found in which there are strange objects flying through the sky, some with people inside them. A lot of them date from before the idea of aeroplanes was even conceived, let alone sci-fi movies.

www.crystalinks.com...
www.marsearthconnection.com...

The size of the universe dictates that there is a good possibility of loads of other species, some of them being superior/more intelligent than us. How can you say that they would never know each other when you don't know what technology lies in other parts of the universe.

So what would it take for you to believe someone about an alien sighting/experience? If some of your closest friends and family all said that they had seen a flying saucer would you just assume that they'd been to a drug party?

Oh and don't use statements like 'the fact is...' unless you're actually posting a fact which you've at least researched a bit...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join