It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why UFO's cant exist

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akraites
Just because you know a very tiny part of something doesn't make you an expert. You're just throwing around terms and saying "SEE?! THIS MAKES IT SO!" Yes, it would take quite some time to go from one place to another even at the speed of light. Allow me to introduce you to the wormhole. It is capable of warping you instantaneously from point a to point b and is completely plausible. If a civilization is capable of traveling at the speed of light (which im not entirely convinced of considering one would need energy on a celestial level to produce such speeds), then it should also be well within their capabilities to create wormholes.

Everything I said is true because I said it. If you don't believe me, ask me.

I think we might notice a wormhole opening since it would require more energy than is even in our solar system.

Sure, there could be aliens with wormhole technology zipping about the earth. There could be an invisible gnome in my backyard. There could be an infinite number of possible things if you ignore known science, but without the evidence there is little point in thinking about it.

Point is there is no evidence it's all been thoroughly debunked.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm no expert and this is my 1st post, yet i do know that even the men at NASA will tell you that it is just about mathematically imposible for there not to be life somewhere in the universe. and that there is a good chance of intelligent life out there. and if inteligent life is out there and devoloped say about 10-50 million years before us then there technology would be beyond the dreams of any human engineer or scientist.

oh and btw many scientist believed that travelling faster than the speed of sound was impossible and that chuck yeager and the bell X-1 would just incinerate as it aprouched mach 1

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Oh snap. I passed by that part. Sorry man. I think it's safe to say he won this arguement. I'd like to request this thread be closed so that there is no longer an opportunity for us to dishonor ourselves by saying the Bible (quite possibly the only book on this planet capable of benching 20 tons with one side of the cover) isn't telling the whole truth.

I just read his newest post. Actually, scientists are already working on a way to create a blackhole the size of an atom. Now, jump 100 years into the future. Who's to say we won't be able to create a wormhole of any size we choose once we have the appropriate technology?

Again, you have very little knowledge of a particular subject but you insist on pretending to be an expert. You may have got us when it came to the Bible quote (since it's infallible and all that good stuff), but wormholes can appear just about anywhere providing certain events occur.

As stated, according to science there is a higher likelihood of intelligent civilizations existing in our own galaxy than there is of us being entirely alone. You may have religion on your side, but science is on ours.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Akraites]

[edit on 1-9-2006 by Akraites]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Shamanator, you have to be kidding. You have to be. Please!?.....

I am a person who believes in the existence of UFOs/non-human intelligent life, who has had a couple minor UFO sightings, who has had the experience of being in the presence of some kind of entity, and who has the occasional drink and drug, and I would much much rather be who I am and believe in what I believe rather than simply writing off anything paranormal and threatening because of "what the Bible said."

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
It's a good thing to.
This guy is a power house of knowdledge.
What with hard hitting lines like "There's no proof."
How can he possibly be off the mark?
And I mean, come on, the bible. Would God lie?

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
God? Lie? Aha. Thats like saying God tried to kill all of humanity using water. Its preposterous.

Shermanator or w/e. Look at me. Come on.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Preposterous indeed.
Everyone knows evolution is also blasphemy. Dinosaurs exist in Africa.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Remember that time those birds had to work hard to crack open the seeds they found, and then over time their beaks changed and they were suddenly able to eat the seeds and nuts very easily? Yeah, God did that. He told me so. In a dream, no less. God looks like every picture of Jesus you've ever seen. He also has slaves.

Any who, Enoch pretty much said God was into some heavy scifi stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if God...dropped a stargate or something somewhere to spice up our lives.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamanator.
5:: In the bible God tells us he made man only.

First off, who's to say the bible is correct?
Second off, you will realize that Bible,Quaran, and Torah also refer to another race know as gog and magog(goog magoog in the Quran). This race will apparently eventually take over the world.
I think the holy books, actually go against what you believe. SO if you believe in the bible, and judaism(Jesus was a jew after all) and me personally being a muslim, you will realize the books acutally support the existence of extarterrestrials.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   
One time, while I was astral plane surfing, God was all "Sup?" an I was like "Nun much"
It was pretty cool.
I astral plane surf on occasion. But that's the first time I've met any holy figures.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Those are hardly reasons why UFOs cant exist. There is so much more evidence to prove their existence then there is to disprove it.

Obviously people dont really research this much, why would they, they dont believe it. And for those who have researched it and still dont believe, well...what can I say?

What you said about anyone who has seen a UFO is usually drunk, on drugs, or just retarded is completely false. There have been eye witness testimonies from all walks of life. Pilots, Policemen, Doctors, Soldiers, Scientists, Politicians, Teachers, as well as all the other people considered "less important" according to some.

The fact that most people report the same basic entity sightings, in my view, would only help to prove the UFO phenomenon...not disprove it because they all are delirious.

No one has ever proven God exists....but still many believe....including myself.

I highly doubt that God would create a universe, an entire universe...think about that for just a second...a whole universe where WE humans are the most advanced, intelligent species, not only that, but that we are the ONLY intelligen species...actually sit and think about that....its fricken looney to think that.

[edit on 1-9-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
Yes, Religions are only a way of controling all the people on the earth, Oh so you must believe in Jesus, why don't you give us the proof of his existence??

while I do agree that this shamanator is completely full of it, and i also believe that most religions are designed ( in present time) to control people, I do have to say that in my opinion Jesus did exist.

I've seen him before, not in a dream or hallucination, ( i don't take drugs or drink). I have never really been a christian and i'm not now, but about 10 years ago when i was eight, some people were at the beach with me and my mother. I was really getting a bit nervous as it was getting stormy, i happend to look out over the water and i saw a man standing on the water wearing loose clothing.

Now, if you want to call me crazy, then go ahead, most people would. I'm just saying what i saw.

May peace, love, and light be with you all.

posted on Sep, 1 2006 @ 11:52 PM
link   
ok one more final point on why UFO's can't exist.

Theoreticly say there are aliens and they are light years away as presumed (highly unlikely)

6:: How would they know to come here! ,after all when we look at stars were seeing thousands of years into the past.

It would be the same for them so as yet they wouldnt know we exist and it's quite possible the earth might not exist by the time they ever saw any signs of us at all.

I think that one on it's own is good enough to prove there are no UFO's the distances are too vast for them to even detect us till thousands of years in the future.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Um...they probably found us the same way we find planets we believe have a high probability of sustaining life. We look for solar systems that resemble ours. There are so many galaxies and solar systems and planets, that its a lot easier to find a planet like ours than one might suspect. Who's to say Earth is the first planet they found? What if they found 200 other planets like ours, and each planet was closer to Earth than the last. Whos to say they didn't construct observatories on the nearest Earth-like planets, and (by chance) found us? After all, many of our major discoveries came about out of pure luck.

How can someone who believes in God truly believe that humans are the only intelligent species in the entire universe. Is it because they aren't quite grasping the sheer imensity of the universe? Are they too stubborn to believe we aren't completely unique or that God doesn't favor us after all? Or are they afraid? By they, I mean you.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You are thinking in 3D terms...these beings have evolved beyond that.

They are multi-dimensional. Time and Space have no meaning to them. Quantum physics touches upon this subject to a certain extent.

To understand this, its vital to understand vibrational frequencies/dimensions, energy, and Creation. Not an easy task, in fact many of us have spent countless lifetimes searching for these truths, and we still dont have nearly the full scope of what it intails.

Remember...humans have been around for about 2 million years or so (according to scientists); the universe (according to scientists) has been around for 4 billion years!

I highly doubt we are the only ones, and you know deep down that there has to be as well.

[edit on 2-9-2006 by AscendedMaster]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Actually, the human species has been around for maybe 2 million years, but think of how long ago the first true human civilization emerged. Thats the beginning in my book.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
www.mcremo.com...
www.atlantisrising.com...
www.forbiddenarcheology.com...

And we or somebody intelligent may have been here far longer ago than 2 million years. Check out the links above for the work of Michael Cremo, whom I personally know is very devoted to God, but yet who keeps an very very open mind about the origins of humanity and life beyond Earth.

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I hate to give this person points, but I gotta say it. I have done ALOT of drugs in my day, and have never seen a UFO. If the only people who see them do drugs, then I want to know why I have been cheated. The rest of your reasoning is laughable at best. Good luck!

[edit on 9/2/06 by W_Smith]

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Shamanator, Look up zeta reticuli and then ebens, see what comes up,
It is said that we were put here by aliens and religion was made up so we dont self destruct, If you cant get these thing round your mind then you shouldn't be thinking of them,

There is such a small chance that we are the only beings to have been created and if you can beleive in a GOD why cant you beleive in alien races, (oh, thats right, if aliens exist it disproves everything the bible states) I think it is so small minded to think we were created by a higher spiritual being, and we are something special.

There are so many planets out there with similar conditions to ours that could inhabit life.

From now on your name shall be small minded shamanator!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
To be honest, I don't quite believe the eben story and based on current events I'm fairly certain religion is having quite the opposite effect of what you say the ebens intended.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join