It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The latest press conference also said just about nothing. If there were any explosives involved or found in the house searches the airports would be closed down and the areas around the houses evacuated. Not happened has it? Some of the people arrested have been 'de-arrested' already and all the police have found so far are 'interesting items' if they had found explosives they would have mentioned it for sure. They're now moving to get all airports flying again. Stock market back to normal after only a slight dip and recovery. I don't know what all this has been about but it's just not stacking up. I predict a lot more of these ppl will be released.

John Reid making a play to take over from Tony maybe?

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Is it just heathrow were flights are cancelled? cos ive seen at least ten fly over my
house in liverpool in the last hour or so.

no, some flights have been cancelled coming in and out across the UK. But London airports are the ones who have restricted international flights coming in and some going out.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kickoutthejams

John Reid making a play to take over from Tony maybe?

I don't like him at all, his eyes are too close together and he is such a slaphead

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   
If tony blair knew this was gonna happen, and he got the hell out of dodge the day before, then, clasping at straws here but maybe as a security precaution to something bigger than what were being told. You have to ask the question it is a bit suspect!

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by ericds
I was busy for a minute but I think I heard a news anchor saying there could be 25 suspects still at large, is that right?

25?!?!

what news station? there has to be a large section of suspects from that cell to trigger this sort of alert to maintain and hints it would stay at that alert for a while.

It was on Fox News when I was flipping through stations. Their headlines at the bottom say that "Their are 50 people suspected in airplane plot" and other that says "At least 21 people have been apprehended". I'm looking around to see if any other station has the numbers.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
BBC one has not gone back to normal package (still serious). BBC are discussing the theory that those who are left, will wait for another time to strike again (thats why the maximum alert will stay).

BA has cancelled all flights short haul (and long haul aswell i think) flights for today. I think they have said Heahtrow has closed for the day aswell (but im not sure).

Im just worried how long this will go on for and i REALLY hope the cell (or whoever) doesn't carry out an attack.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by timeless test

Originally posted by Stormy waters
I love that statement, 'Terrorist do not distinguish between women, children, race, religion etc'

WTF are our govt doing at home and abroad LOL

We are just targeting the Muslims - much more specific. HTH.

Please don't speak for the population, the only people/organisations that are 'targetting' muslims as you put it are governmental ones.

This is not the people, please distinguish this point in future.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Argos
If tony blair knew this was gonna happen, and he got the hell out of dodge the day before, then, clasping at straws here but maybe as a security precaution to something bigger than what were being told. You have to ask the question it is a bit suspect!

correction blair was aware of the intelligence operation regarding these people, in the last 24 hours "something happened" to lead the counter terrorists they should move now after blair had left the uk, they're keeping him updated as events occur.

blairs holiday usually takes place this time of year and was booked a while ago

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
ABC is saying that the 50 people are people connected or involved, so not just the people who were going to carry out the plan, but I do think there could be people that got away.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I can't believe some of the posts I'm reading. 'it's just hype' and 'they are just
doing this to take my freedoms' or to paraphrase - it smells fishy and was made
up, etc etc etc.

HELLO?? WTC attack #1; Bali Night Club; 9-11; Spain train bombing; last years
subway bombing in England; etc etc

Terrorism is real. These morons wanting to blow up planes and kill you are real.
Some folks need to get their heads out of the sand ... welcome to 2006 and the
FACT that people want to kill you because you don't worship God the same way
that they do.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It would appear that Mr. Bush is also on holiday at present....

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

ABC is saying that the 50 people are people connected or involved, so not just the people who were going to carry out the plan, but I do think there could be people that got away.

"the ones who got away" are the ones who worry me. who know's where they are and what they are thinking. Plus, what do they have on them? explosives?

*sighs*

bloody terrorists *growls*

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thanks timeless test, you have saved me alot of typing against some real 'tarded'
statements. Get 'em oh boy

Vance

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
is it me or is the US Homeland Security abit paranoid?

im suprised in how "public" they are in stating its methods and views, etc.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   

"the ones who got away" are the ones who worry me. who know's where they are and what they are thinking. Plus, what do they have on them? explosives?

True, and the authorities being quiet about them also makes me think those people may have something important on them. Though, it might just be as to not risk anything, but I don't see anything to risk. Again we are left in the dark.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by ericds]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:16 AM
link   

True, and the authorities being quiet about them also makes me think those people may have something important on them. Though, it might just be as to not risk anything, but I don't see anything to risk. Again we are left in the dark.

as long as there isn't an successful attack, i don't mind being kept in the dark.
something very important is being held back.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

as long as there isn't an successful attack, i don't mind being kept in the dark.
something very important is being held back.

I think you are right, they are not telling us much at all. If the pattern of terrorist attacks continues then an eye should be kept out tomorrow, being the 11th. All the major attacks so far have taken place on dates with either 7 or 11 in them...

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkUK
I think you are right, they are not telling us much at all. If the pattern of terrorist attacks continues then an eye should be kept out tomorrow, being the 11th. All the major attacks so far have taken place on dates with either 7 or 11 in them...

another member thought that aswell. i think it was set for tomorrow, for the 11th. The security, intelligence community, etc may be waiting to see if the remaining cell members try something tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Missing Egyptians... I'm SURE this is just a coincidence, but it wouldn’t surprise me otherwise. Also, 9/11, 7/11,.... 8/10... MAYBE this was something that was really supposed to go down 8/11.

Man, if it comes out that these suspects are Iranian.... enough said.

Peace

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I wouldnt have thought they would be ACTUALLY Iranian, maybe we will be told that they are. Werent the guys arrested today British Pakistani's?

On a side note to delve further into the conspiracy, the numbers 7 and 11 are two of a series of numbers which hold special meaning to the Illuminati...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join