It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Major terror plot thwarted in London 8-10-2006

page: 9
0
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
Well what do you expect?

They have to start saying something but I'd imagine details and specifics are going to be kept very quiet for a long time yet.


of course,
but its worrying (you have to admit) that some are still out there. the government have done well and acted quickly to avoid an attack (we hope).




posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I love that statement, 'Terrorist do not distinguish between women, children, race, religion etc'

WTF are our govt doing at home and abroad LOL



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
little to no sign of air force jets taking off from near me ( i live fairly close to a couple of RAF bases ) but they could well be active just not flying towards where i live



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormy waters
I love that statement, 'Terrorist do not distinguish between women, children, race, religion etc'

WTF are our govt doing at home and abroad LOL


We are just targeting the Muslims - much more specific. HTH.



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
LOL Prescott really hasn't been in charge of this, he has been speaking to community leaders while John Reid is taking charge, you think John Reid has been left in charge of the country aswell while Tony is on holiday?



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I was thinking either they planned it within the next few days. This time though they were planning on blowing up the planes mid flight, and I don't really see how Bush could gain from this. We are already in Iraq and staying even longer, plus Bush is out in a few years for good.
Can see how Bush can gain from this? You know that his political campaign is based on fear of terrorists and how he can protect american from those evil-inhuman terrorists. That's where he can win points. You must vote for me or the democrats won't protect you from terrorists.


Aragami, I was talking about mid-term elections. Where you know, Bush can loose the congress and that would really piss him off.

And the medias are saying... you know Al-Qaeda-Hezbollah-Iran... prepare the ground for a British implication in this mess. God bless everywhere exept White House.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Vitchilo]



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Prescott has got out of bed ? WOW ! This must be serious !



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
LOL Prescott really hasn't been in charge of this, he has been speaking to community leaders while John Reid is taking charge, you think John Reid has been left in charge of the country aswell while Tony is on holiday?


Which of these people have more control in the masonic heirarchy?
That is who is really in control.



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
LOL Prescott really hasn't been in charge of this, he has been speaking to community leaders while John Reid is taking charge, you think John Reid has been left in charge of the country aswell while Tony is on holiday?



well i'd assume in situations such as this the home secretary would be more involved then prescott



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Koka are you sure that they were twin finned deltas?
Because there's nothing in UK inventory that fits the description...
Could they have been Eurofighters, Single Fin, Deltawing and Canards?




posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
No flights coming in, but are going out. Its going to be reviewed at 3pm.

But not alot was said about those suspects who are still out there and about the threat from the cell. Main leaderes have been arrested (what does that say about the other then?)

Reid is confident the main players have been arrested (is that C word again)



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So you can compare Bush/Blair speeches in the next few hours/days against ones they have already copied before.

www.hitler.org...



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I was thinking either they planned it within the next few days. This time though they were planning on blowing up the planes mid flight, and I don't really see how Bush could gain from this. We are already in Iraq and staying even longer, plus Bush is out in a few years for good.
Can see how Bush can gain from this? You know that his political campaign is based on fear of terrorists and how he can protect american from those evil-inhuman terrorists. That's where he can win points. You must vote for me or the democrats won't protect you from terrorists.


Aragami, I was talking about mid-term elections. Where you know, Bush can loose the congress and that would really piss him off.

And the medias are saying... you know Al-Qaeda-Hezbollah-Iran... prepare the ground for a British implication in this mess. God bless everywhere exept White House.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Vitchilo]


I really don't see this as an advantage for him, I still see the same outcomes for House, but we'll see how much he talks about it and tries to use it.



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Originally posted by Zaphod58



The seat that Yousef had been assigned was the last seat over the main wing spar. One seat over and he would have been directly over the center wing fuel tank, and the plane would have exploded killing everyone instantly, with no one figuring out what happened as the plane was over open ocean between the Philippines and Japan.



A bomb held by a passenger in a seat over the center wing tank penetrating the top of the wing box of a Boeing 747? I don't think so. Whoever came up with this scenario doesn't known anything about airplane construction and less about explosives. First of all the explosives would have to get through the floor, then a large space, then the wing box and wing plank, together probably several inches thick. Even if the explosive could be properly directed which I fail to see how a passenger could do it is highly unlikely if not downright impossible for this scenario to happen. If this is the real reason that they are confiscating liquids from passengers then it is a scam.



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
[edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]


what about if the plan was to detonate a explosive in order to blow a hole in the fuselage?




Quoting – Please Review This Link.


[edit on 8/10/2006 by 12m8keall2c]



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I was busy for a minute but I think I heard a news anchor saying there could be 25 suspects still at large, is that right?



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:50 AM
link   
1,5L Coke Bottle filled with properly shaped explosives can punch a hole to a BTR-80s side wall, and thats steel not aluminium... You can use plastic "plates/cones" to give a liquid explosive the same ability... I think it's possibe to bring down an airliner with a "bomb-in-da-bottle"

Ps, i know very little about aircraft contruction, but i do know a lot about killing tanks with improvised weapons



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Is it just heathrow were flights are cancelled? cos ive seen at least ten fly over my
house in liverpool in the last hour or so.



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ericds
I was busy for a minute but I think I heard a news anchor saying there could be 25 suspects still at large, is that right?


25?!?!

what news station? there has to be a large section of suspects from that cell to trigger this sort of alert to maintain and hints it would stay at that alert for a while.



posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesneakiod
Is it just heathrow were flights are cancelled? cos ive seen at least ten fly over my
house in liverpool in the last hour or so.


Yes, plenty of airports still operating albeit disrupted, plus overflights from elsewhere, (depending on how high up they are).




top topics



 
0
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

log in

join