It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I just started a thread on retrocausality Here. It seems to be in-line with what I've been seeing as a time-paradox angle being set up on the show. Also fits with the whole ' universal course correction mechanism' brought up by the old lady in Desmond's back story.

From the article: "If you could see the effects of your choice before you make it, could you then make the opposite choice and subvert the laws of nature?"

It could be used in everybodys back story so far, I think.

Am I on to something? Just lost... still?

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
Am I on to something? Just lost... still?

this is interesting...

i have seen the losties use the experiences of their flashbacks on the island...

they seem to make the same mistakes / correct their mistakes while on this island...

this is a reason why i love this show: the characterization...

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Everybody hush...the shows about to come on....

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

:hands popcorn to wupy:

Ok how does eyepatch know John?

Lost,
-Rob

(edit)So Claire and Jack are brother and sister?!? Sheeeesh

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Rren]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy

and what a show it was

:hands popcorn to wupy:

Ok how does eyepatch know John?

Lost,
-Rob

(edit)So Claire and Jack are brother and sister?!? Sheeeesh

[edit on 14-3-2007 by Rren]

we still don't know the answer to your first question is...

and i actually read your post before i saw tonight's episode so i was a bit spoiled by the fact that jack and claire are related (even though it made sense and all)...

i enjoyed tonight's episode...

i liked claire with black hair

the preview for the next episode looks amazing (as usual i suppose)...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
here are the two versions of the trailer of next week's episode:

linky...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Great episode!

Claire looked hot with the semi-rock chick thing going on.

And c'mon TSA... Claire and Jack being siblings was more obvious than 'Henry Gale' not being 'Henry Gale'.

And Mikhail confirmed what we've been debating for a while.... Ben isn't the mysterious 'Him', its someone else.

And Jack

I was ready to run right on into Othersville (or should we start calling it the Barracks now?) and kick his hairy, tatooed behind!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
here are the two versions of the trailer of next week's episode:

linky...

Locke wants to blow up the sub so no one can leave the island, that's my guess anyway.

Finally a Locke-centric episode though! He's pretty much the only reason I watch the show even though they turned him into a bit of a whiney wuss last season.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

and i actually read your post before i saw tonight's episode so i was a bit spoiled by the fact that jack and claire are related (even though it made sense and all)...

Humblest apologies sir... I didn't even think about it.

i enjoyed tonight's episode...

Cool, glad I didn't wreck it for ya.

Ya'll thought it was obvious they were brother and sister? I didn't see it at all. Any ideas who the "great man" is? I've heard him mentioned before but don't have any clue who he, or she is.

Oh yeah, and Claire looked GREAT with the dark hair... and the pole-climbing scene (over the perimeter fence)... forget about it.

Who knew.... Jack, her brother from another mother.

Regards

(edit)homonym

[edit on 15-3-2007 by Rren]

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   

... and the pole-climbing seen (over the perimeter fence)

I didn't want to say anything but seeing as someone already has...

ahem...

I mean I thought the director's use of imagery was startlingly brilliant. Kudos all round!

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:39 PM
link   
hmmm...

maybe this mysterious great man is alvar hanso (the leader of the hanso foundation, which is the group that funded dharma)...

tom quoted alvar hanso in season two (and said that he was a smart man), ben called him a great man, and now we have this russian guy giving this mysterious man great titles too...

very interesting indeed...

and i am really upset that locke wants to destroy the submarine

they better not turn locke

i trust (or hope) that he has a great reason for this, but what the heck can it be!?!?!?

also, jack might not even remember his fellow lostie friends when they come to rescue him...

this is like how alex will not remember danielle, even though it will be because they never met...

what do you think about this scenario???

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Any ideas who the "great man" is? I've heard him mentioned before but don't have any clue who he, or she is.

I'm betting the great man is going to turn out to be Jack. Remember his tattoo.."He walks among us but is not one of us." or something like that.

They've been following him from another dimension...

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
looks like we have confirmation on the subterranean tunnels (and, look, they lead into the barracks):

linky (screencap)...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Is it just me or is Desmond turning out to be THE most important person on the island? In his normal life, people called him "useless" and a coward, but it seems that because of him, the world was protected day after day (from him pushing the button), his wife's attempt at finding him might get the Losties rescued, he not only saved Claire's life, but Charlie's as well. Most importantly he saved the Island and everyone's life on it from annihilation by using the key to turn off the magnetic generator, when the numbers weren't being pushed any more.

Also, am I the only one that felt like looking under the eye patch of the Russian guy?
Something tells me that it is going to play a role in a flashback.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

also, jack might not even remember his fellow lostie friends when they come to rescue him...

this is like how alex will not remember danielle, even though it will be because they never met...

what do you think about this scenario???

I don't think Jack will have forgotten them, but I do think he has changed his mind about them. When he sees the Losties I think he'll tell them to leave him... or (I'm sorta leaning toward) he'll rat them out.

And my view is that Hanso isn't 'Him'. After he resumed control of his company he seemed dead set on getting rid of Mittlewerks 'black spot'. I think its more likely Mittlewerk is in charge of the Others. He was never captured, and there was the vid where he spoke to new recruits about how DHARMA had failed before them.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMessiah
Is it just me or is Desmond turning out to be THE most important person on the island?

yes, he might be very important...

i am looking forward to "other"-centric flashbacks this season (they should have way more of them)...

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I don't think Jack will have forgotten them, but I do think he has changed his mind about them. When he sees the Losties I think he'll tell them to leave him... or (I'm sorta leaning toward) he'll rat them out.

did you see the US preview???

jack is with an other (who has a gun) and they ask kate where the rest of the group is...

And my view is that Hanso isn't 'Him'. After he resumed control of his company he seemed dead set on getting rid of Mittlewerks 'black spot'. I think its more likely Mittlewerk is in charge of the Others. He was never captured, and there was the vid where he spoke to new recruits about how DHARMA had failed before them.

i knew that was your view...

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
hey...

i just noticed that rodrigo santoro (who plays paulo on 'lost') played the role of king xerxes in the movie '300'...

i knew i had seen him somewhere :w:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   

did you see the US preview???

jack is with an other (who has a gun) and they ask kate where the rest of the group is...

No I didn't see it. But that could be him betraying them. I assume that Kate went to him alone and Jack is asking where Locke et al are.

i knew that was your view...

hehe

I still got hope in Alvy. Someone who could give birth to someone as gorgeous as Rachel Blake couldn't be evil.

But Mittlewerk was pretty bad to begin with.

I think it'd be really cool if they producers put some of the characters from the Lost Experience in the show. Maybe a TV in the background showing one of Mittlewerk's training videos, or a message from Hanso to his DHARMA employees regarding the hostiles.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

No I didn't see it. But that could be him betraying them. I assume that Kate went to him alone and Jack is asking where Locke et al are.

the preview is in my blog (and its been linked in this thread recently)...

check it out...

jack is definitely not on the lostie's side anymore...

I think it'd be really cool if they producers put some of the characters from the Lost Experience in the show. Maybe a TV in the background showing one of Mittlewerk's training videos, or a message from Hanso to his DHARMA employees regarding the hostiles.

the tying up of 'lost' with 'the lost experience' is always a possibility...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

i just noticed that this thread is in the "staff picks" section of the new BTS homepage

thanks...

[edit on 17-3-2007 by they see ALL]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join