It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Lost:' Season Three Discussion...

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   

now, this can surely have many different meanings but maybe, now that locke entered the code that symbolized the flame has been invaded by the hostiles, dharma reinforces will come to the island

I was also wondering what would be the response from the 'off-islanders.' Of course if communications are down... who knows. You gotta wonder why she'd rather be shot dead than deal with the consequences of what happened.

also, it seems that locke did win the chess game because the computer must have just gave up because it knew it was going to loose within the next few turns...

Perhaps but it wouldn't be a typical thing for a chess program to do. They don't concede 'til they're mated and the only other ending would be a draw. There would be no draw called there for sure.

Any chess players in the house?

you're going to love me:

from my blog: "dharma" avatars straight from the world of 'lost'...

Gotta stick with the Babe still sportin' his Red Sox uniform. Can't give "the curse" any reason to come back by trading him... never again. GO SOX!

here is some interesting reading from lostpedia:
of course, feel free to deeply explore that site (its great)...

lostpedia! The wonders of the web. Definately have to go check that out, thanks.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Does anyone speak Russian? It would be very interesting to know what B and eye patch were talking about...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Lostpedia is the best source of info for LOST on the web (sorry guys but our thread pales in comparison).

How long have the Others been there? Because if they are indeed the original inhabitants of the Island, they must have been there for some time as the Four-Toed statue predated DHARMA by quite a bit.

I think its possible that the original DHARMA Initiative members on the Island were in fact 'bad people', specifically taking their orders from Thomas Mittlewerk (Alvar Hanso's real evil second in comman). For those who saw the Lost Experience, in one of the videos Rachel Blake publishes sees Mittlewerk talking about a virus he was distributing to a group of natives who believed he was vaccinating them.

Mikhail said that although he lied about being DHARMA, everything else was true... which meant that DHARMA did begin purging the natives. I assume that its because of this the Others are so damned good in the jungle. They leave no tracks, move quietly and can appear from anywhere.

I found this too. It seems there are more Whispers than you actually realise because these two guys have found a ton more, and often they say something interesting (not like majorly significant, but interesting nonetheless).
The Whispers are bolded while the actual words being spoken on screen are in brackets with the speaker's name.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rren
I was also wondering what would be the response from the 'off-islanders.' Of course if communications are down... who knows. You gotta wonder why she'd rather be shot dead than deal with the consequences of what happened.

this was most likely a testament to how scared the others are of failing in their missions...

Perhaps but it wouldn't be a typical thing for a chess program to do. They don't concede 'til they're mated and the only other ending would be a draw. There would be no draw called there for sure.

Any chess players in the house?

thanks for that information...

i'm more of a checkers man...

Gotta stick with the Babe still sportin' his Red Sox uniform. Can't give "the curse" any reason to come back by trading him... never again. GO SOX!

no problem...

but, if you're feeling dharma-esque, feel free to use any of them...

lostpedia! The wonders of the web. Definately have to go check that out, thanks.

anytime...

Originally posted by William One Sac
Does anyone speak Russian? It would be very interesting to know what B and eye patch were talking about...

the latest translations that i have read state that miss klough was just telling the man to shoot her because that was what they trained for...

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Lostpedia is the best source of info for LOST on the web (sorry guys but our thread pales in comparison).

yupp, it is a great site...

but, in this thread, at least we have the option of collaborating and etc...

How long have the Others been there? Because if they are indeed the original inhabitants of the Island, they must have been there for some time as the Four-Toed statue predated DHARMA by quite a bit.

who knows...

only time will tell...

I think its possible that the original DHARMA Initiative members on the Island were in fact 'bad people', specifically taking their orders from Thomas Mittlewerk (Alvar Hanso's real evil second in comman). For those who saw the Lost Experience, in one of the videos Rachel Blake publishes sees Mittlewerk talking about a virus he was distributing to a group of natives who believed he was vaccinating them.

yes, dharma was probably bad (they did try to purge the hostiles after all)...

Mikhail said that although he lied about being DHARMA, everything else was true... which meant that DHARMA did begin purging the natives. I assume that its because of this the Others are so damned good in the jungle. They leave no tracks, move quietly and can appear from anywhere.

and add the fact that its their island and they have a great deal of experience from being there for so long...

I found this too. It seems there are more Whispers than you actually realise because these two guys have found a ton more, and often they say something interesting (not like majorly significant, but interesting nonetheless).
The Whispers are bolded while the actual words being spoken on screen are in brackets with the speaker's name.

thanks...

i love reading the transcripts from the whispers (although it is very confusing at times)...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   

here's what i found:

Klugh: Mikhail. Mikhail! You know what to do.
Mikhail: We still have another way [out].
Klugh: We cannot risk it. You know the conditions.
Mikhail: There is another way.
Klugh: They captured us. We will not let them to get into the territory.
Klugh: You know what to do. That's an order.
Mikhail: We still have another way!
Klugh (in English): Just do it, Mikhail.
Mikhail: Forgive me. (shoots)

and here is a translation of mikhail's document:

linky...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
hmmm, seems like mikhail knows locke:

linky (canadian preview)...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nice find TSA. They really don't want anyone finding out where they live. I cannot wait for this Wednesday's episode. The trailer showed John pushing Mikhail inbetween the poles, that I guess guard the hostiles homes. Did you ever see a movie called the running man? They had similar looking things surrounding a prison, and when you stepped in between them your head exploded! I guess that is hoping for too much!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Also, anyone got any theories on what the surprise connection will be this week? Me and my sister are betting that it is gonna be that Claire and Jack are siblings.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
That's not really a surprise cause everyone has pretty much guessed it now. I think it will be something a little more shocking and will have to do with Locke. Remember Ben originally came to the Losties to get Locke (why would the leader himself come for someone unless it was important?), and Mikhail know's all about him.

I got a feeling that kid that was following him in his flashback is involved too. He knew Locke wouldn't shoot him because he said he was a 'Good Person'.

But trying to guess anything about that show is completely futile.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Nice find TSA. They really don't want anyone finding out where they live. I cannot wait for this Wednesday's episode. The trailer showed John pushing Mikhail inbetween the poles, that I guess guard the hostiles homes. Did you ever see a movie called the running man? They had similar looking things surrounding a prison, and when you stepped in between them your head exploded! I guess that is hoping for too much!

thanks...

i never can wait until wednesdays

i have never seen that movie, but mikhail's fate doesn't look to good at all...

Also, anyone got any theories on what the surprise connection will be this week? Me and my sister are betting that it is gonna be that Claire and Jack are siblings.

the connection might be between locke and mikhail...

in the canadian preview (posted above somewhere), mikhail says that he has a "fleeting memory" of locke...

but, yes, jack and claire could be siblings...

i have read theories about that and it makes sense...

That's not really a surprise cause everyone has pretty much guessed it now. I think it will be something a little more shocking and will have to do with Locke. Remember Ben originally came to the Losties to get Locke (why would the leader himself come for someone unless it was important?), and Mikhail know's all about him.

yes, very interesting...

sure, but its fun

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   

lol
True that, but it is fun.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
lol
True that, but it is fun.

you and i should be brothers or something

i posted that its fun too

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My brother from another mother.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
an astute map-maker has made this:

linky...

i guess this is what we are looking at as of now...

of course, it may be off a bit (but its still very interesting to visualize the island with those extra details included in it)...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   
am i the only one who was disappointed about the flame station???

i really had high hopes for this station (as i have read theories that marvin candle may have been hiding in it and that walt was being held in there too)...

i didn't like this station that much, although we really only have had a taste of the flame...

the swan was great (probably because it was the focus of season two), the staff was nice because it tied in well with claire's story, the arrow was alright (although we only had a glimpse of it and it was practically empty), the hydra was interesting, and the pearl was very interesting...

hopefully, the other stations (like "the line," as i am calling it) will be awesome...

here is something interesting:

we know that the hydra was a station that was all about animals, but why then did the shark in season two have a tattoo of "the line"???

i hope that "the line" isn't another animal-related station (if it even is a station)...

but, if it isn't related to animals, the shark having the tattoo wouldn't make sense...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I was thinking that too, but judging from what little we saw of the Hydra, it looks to me like they didn't have the neccessary facilities to perform experiments on marine life.

My theory is that the animals were stored within the Hydra, before being moved to the 'Line' for testing. Once finished they were returned to the Line for observation and possible breeding.

While transporting the Shark we saw between the stations (which I assume were on separate Islands) there was some type of accident which caused it to somehow be released into the ocean.
Or perhaps they are released after being tested and marked, and they also cannot leave the area around the Island.

There is obviously something mysterious about some of the wildlife on the Island. The presence of polar bears was put down to more than just Walt after seeing the cage Tom said housed bears. There is also the Hurley Bird, and lets not forget the ultimate harbinger of doom, the bringer of evil and death and destruction...

VINCENT!

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

and they also cannot leave the area around the Island.

ahhh, yes...

this must be because of desmond's "snow globe" description of what is occurring...

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Yes. I mean if a shark was released into the waters around the Island, what are the chances it would still be there unless it was somehow unable to leave?

And the polar bears... they have been known to swim miles and miles and miles at a time in search of seals (which are there natural prey), so the idea of several making home on the Island, which has no seals, and no way for them to hunt the way they naturally do (using the ice as camouflage and waiting at seal breathing holes), its unlikely they would also be there.

And as for Vincent... well he's just a walking curse!

[edit on 12/3/07 by JackofBlades]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   

And as for Vincent... well he's just a walking curse!
[edit on 12/3/07 by JackofBlades]

we will have to see if he is still cursed

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
take a look here:

abc.go.com...

then click on the picture of the russian guy...

this seems to confirm that ben isn't the leader of the others

maybe its still jacob???

also, the russian guy says that he knew john locke in the past...

he goes on to mention that the john locke he knew was a "para" (he was most likely going to say "paraplegic," but he was interrupted by danielle)...

nice, huh???

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join